• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wonderful, wonderful setting for a rugby match

R

RoyalBlueStuey

007.jpg

019.jpg

wrufc13.jpg

Seriously, if your team is ever down to play Wharfedale you really should go. Wonderful place to watch a game. Fantastic setting, really welcoming club, nice clubhouse, decent beer & real committed rugby people to watch it with. A proper rugby club. You can forget cheerleaders & music after teams score, this is what it's all about.

Is the natural stone wall just beyond the dead-ball area not slightly dangerous?

Is the natural stone wall just beyond the dead-ball area not slightly dangerous? [/b]

The goal area is quite small and there's a fair gap between it and the wall....besides these are real tough northern rugby folk, not your southern nancy-boys. The only risk would be damaging the rather fetching dry-stone wall ;).

I'm half Northern - I was of course referring to the danger of spoiling the landscape. It does look like a nice place to spent a Saturday afternoon though. As long as it doesn't rain.

You want to get yourself down to Henley. That's a lovely little ground, and the town itself can't be beaten for a relaxing time.

I'm half Northern - I was of course referring to the danger of spoiling the landscape. It does look like a nice place to spent a Saturday afternoon though. As long as it doesn't rain.

You want to get yourself down to Henley. That's a lovely little ground, and the town itself can't be beaten for a relaxing time. [/b]

We were really lucky, it started raining just as we pulled away in our car. It was a bit windy but other than that it was a perfect day for a rugby match.

Waterloo won 24-18, brilliant field-length interception try by our Spanish scrum-half Pablo Freijoo (who I think used to be at Leicester). Played most of the second half with 14 men but held out resolutely.

Will add Henley to the list.

Found this that John Inverdale wrote in the Telegraph :

"To be among a large crowd at a thrilling National League match at Wharfedale Rugby Club with the sun beating down from a crystal blue sky, the Yorkshire Dales rocking and rolling into the distance and lambs gambolling in the fields, with a decent pint of beer in hand (optional) was to have found sporting nirvana."

Haha you know that dirty players are going to intentionally late tackle someone into that stone wall

Haha you know that dirty players are going to intentionally late tackle someone into that stone wall [/b]

Oh man, how I wish there was a stone wall just beyond the South Africa try area at the Stade de France.

Montgomery would have needed more than a tub of brylcream and a comb to sort out the damage of his face hitting Yorkshire stone! :lol:

The stone wall looks a bit delicate. But those beech trees might welcome anyone clever enough to slide in for a try.

forget about running into it, how about kicking a ball over it?

anyone get any pics (slightly off topic) of the cricket pitch in queenstown. now thats a nice pitch to play on

I'd probanly miss all my tackles on that field. I'd be jus standing around and exclaming at the scenery! Now if only they could build a pitch at the Milton Trail.

Latest posts