TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
_51412468_danny_gray.jpg

Worcester Warriors have signed fly-half Danny Gray who will join them from French club Montauban.

The Warriors head coach Richard Hill feels Gray will provide quality competition for their other fly-halves Andy Goode and Joe Carlisle.

"Danny has had spells at Bristol and Exeter and we are pleased to be able to bring him back to England," he said.

"He is a consummate professional who works hard at his game and is an excellent goal kicker," he added.

Former England Sevens international Gray joins the Warriors following a spell in second division rugby in France where he has made 16 appearances for Montauban this season.

The 27-year-old was with Exeter Chiefs between 2007 and 2010 before moving on to Bristol where he worked with Richard Hill and scored 326 points in 61 appearances.

Danny Gray says he has enjoyed playing his rugby in France but now feels he is ready for a return to top-level English rugby.

"It's been quite an experience coming out to play in France and very productive, but I really appreciate this opportunity to join such an ambitious club as the Warriors," he told BBC Hereford and Worcester.

"The reason I wanted to come out to France was to experience something new and test myself as I fancied a new challenge.

"It has been a different culture and language to try to master, but I feel it has benefitted my game and now I can bring that back to England.

"I like to play an open and attacking, fast style of rugby and I really enjoyed my time at Bristol so am looking forward to linking up again with Richard Hill," he added.

Joe Carlisle has recently signed a new two-year contract at Sixways while Andy Goode is also due to remain with the Warriors for next season.

Danny Gray is well aware this means there will be serious competition for places in the first-team squad but he is relishing that challenge.

"You don't often get the chance to work with the likes of Andy Goode and learn your trade off them so I will look to pick up as much as I can," he said.

"It will also be a good competition with Joe Carlisle whom I played against when he was on loan at Coventry and I was playing for Exeter.

"He is a fantastically skilful player so hopefully we can all push each other to get even better."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/9406882.stm

Doing what Exeter have done and trying to avoid the mistake Leeds have made, trying to get together a squad with lots of depth at reasonable talent.

Latest posts