• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World Championship Snooker

I've fallen out of love with snooker during the Hearn era, so haven't watched much of the tournament, but have caught quite a lot of the final. It's been a very enjoyable match IMO, with Selby deserving the (inevitable now) win.
Yeh can't say I have watched much of the tournament. At least this final has been fairly competitive. Murphy being a former champion. Slow torture for him sitting there watching Selby strangle the life out of this final as is his MO.

Murphy will need to play flawless for any chance now.

Selby a worthy winner.

Last edited:
Why? 147 is a pretty unassailable lead requiring quite a few snookers to get back into the game.

Incredible that it has lasted this long at the Crucible, especially if it wants to grow. Never been although always watched it on the tv.

Initially, I thought that the impact of 2,000 extra seats is small beer in the grand scheme of things, but a bit of fag packet maths suggests that the extra revenue it would generate is not insignificant.

TBH it all strikes me as posturing to make excuses to make whatever changes generate the most revenue. It's hard to see that an extra couple of thousand people in Sheffield is going to compete with either an oil baron paying to have it as his plaything or with the extra revenue generated by moving to a timezone that suits Chinese TV audiences better.