World Cup 2027 Bids

bushytop

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Pontypridd
So with the Russians throwing their collective hat in the ring alongside Australia and Argentina (& the United States likely to join in with a bid too), who and why would you guys like to see get the tournament?

Argentina is the most interesting for me,
Proper rugby nation and has never hosted it before but has been involved since day one

US would be savage, affordable and the east coast would be like a home RWC for us! After that I agree with Olyy and Argentina, anywhere but Russia.

Im personally not feeling the Australia bid, the Game just seems to be dying there (& they've had the thing once and another as co hosts).

If Arg can get the finances together, I'd be happy for them to host.

Argentina is the most interesting for me,
Proper rugby nation and has never hosted it before but has been involved since day one

Agreed here.

Would be nice to see it held somewhere different, and Argentina are a great Rugby nation.

Australia would be my next choice, but they've hosted it before.

Russia and USA is a farce.

If they're going for a blatant cash grab then I'd choose America over Russia, but neither have really earned it.

Would also love to see Argentina get it.

Although the sport is declining in Oz, hosting the RWC would give it a much needed shot in the arm. World rugby is all the better with a strong Wallabies team.

You don't really earn a world cup bid through culture, last time showed that the unions and WR only care about money. The US would throw the best spectacle in my opinion and it's accessibility is unrivalled outside Europe.

You don't really earn a world cup bid through culture, last time showed that the unions and WR only care about money. The US would throw the best spectacle in my opinion and it's accessibility is unrivalled outside Europe.

Valid points, and USA certainly have the infrastructure and stadia, but for me culture is very important.
I believe that an event as big as the world cup should be held in a nation where Rugby is at least being close to the number one sport. Argentina ticks this box as after Football, Rugby is easily the next biggest sport. It's also never been held there and would make a refreshing change. They have the infrastructure already, albeit inferior to the likes of the USA and Russia.

Valid points, and USA certainly have the infrastructure and stadia, but for me culture is very important.
I believe that an event as big as the world cup should be held in a nation where Rugby is at least being close to the number one sport. Argentina ticks this box as after Football, Rugby is easily the next biggest sport. It's also never been held there and would make a refreshing change. They have the infrastructure already, albeit inferior to the likes of the USA and Russia.

I'm fairly certain the argentinians on this board would disagree with you there. It's really only important amongst the privileged (even more so than in other rugby playing countries).

Latest posts