• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

world cup organisation

T

tituslechmakus

france is organising the world cup and we will play our 1/4 in cardiff ... completly ridiculous !!! :wall:

why does this situation happens ? and wales will play in france for their 1/4. why didn't they give the opportunity to the group B winner to play in cardiff ? that would have motivate a bit more wales to go over australia to have their 1/4 home ...

-1 rep to french comitee :%#%#:

I'm 100% with you on this one, absolutely shambolic that the hosts will not play their quarter final in their own country, surely to Christ they could have arranged it that one of the quarter finals on the other side of the draw would have been played in Cardiff. In fact they only have themselves to blame as a quarter final in Cardiff should never have been a condition for getting the Welsh vote.

Next time win the world cup through merit and not whoring yourself out for votes. :p

PS. That classify as a zinger?

I'm 100% with you on this one, absolutely shambolic that the hosts will not play their quarter final in their own country, surely to Christ they could have arranged it that one of the quarter finals on the other side of the draw would have been played in Cardiff. In fact they only have themselves to blame as a quarter final in Cardiff should never have been a condition for getting the Welsh vote. [/b]

the silliest point here is that wales had no chance to play their 1/4 in cardiff ... could have been a big challenge for them to have the group B winner playing in cardiff. i think its not a question of vote but more of schedule of the wc. its not so bad to have games in the celtic countries but not france's games. btw i've heared that we did not need their votes and we would have had been designated to organize even without wales and scotland's vote ...

I'm 100% with you on this one, absolutely shambolic that the hosts will not play their quarter final in their own country, surely to Christ they could have arranged it that one of the quarter finals on the other side of the draw would have been played in Cardiff. In fact they only have themselves to blame as a quarter final in Cardiff should never have been a condition for getting the Welsh vote.
[/b]

Its completely ridiculous, but then it was the only way that they could secure enough votes to get the cup in the first place. I just hope it doesn't come back to bite them on the bum. If the host nation are going to go out it should be in front of their own fans. I don't mean that in a vindictive way, it just makes more sense.

That's what I thought but I was reading today that the French bid beat the English beat by 18-3 when the IRB voted, so no need for the matches to be offered if the margin was that great, unless there's some weighting of votes that could have.

If the host nation are going to go out it should be in front of their own fans.

true. i didn't take it vindicative (despite your flag :) ;) ). playing the all blacks in the wc at home means AT HOME and wales is not a french region, even if playing in wales is not so bad as they know how to recive ppl.

its said that playing at home is an advantage but i don't think welsh fans will support us as we would have done if it had been in france. i'd like the blacks having their 1/4 in melbourne in 2011 ...

The french organisers should of made it impossible for France to play their quaterfinal in Wales.
I dont get why everyone in the media is whinging Wales and Scotland getting home games. Tey helped get the world cup in France so they deserve it.

its said that playing at home is an advantage but i don't think welsh fans will support us as we would have done if it had been in france. i'd like the blacks having their 1/4 in melbourne in 2011 ...
[/b]
Did you watch the Bledisloe cup? Being a Wallaby 'mole' in the All Black camp (long story) Melbourne was Black for the days preceding the match. Most Kiwi's live in Australia anyway :p

You French should have done what the Kiwi's would have done if the 1/4 was in Melbourne, MAKE the ground a home ground..hell, it would be cheaper for flights etc. from France to Wales...

I think Wales deserved to have games played at Millenium. But apart from that, the France World Cup organizers probably thought they were confident the French team would certainly top their table and play their quaters at Stade de France - the biggest venue in the competition. I don't think they could've done it any other way. The All Blacks are quite popular (I believe) thus deserved a quater-final venue at Millenium Stadium - second biggest. And since the 2003 World Cup, the format has always been 'Winner Pool A vs Runner-up Pool B' , 'Winner Pool C vs Runner-up Pool B'...etc...and that's the process I think is taken under the IRB's hands, not the World Cup Organizers.

I think Wales deserved to have games played at Millenium. But apart from that, the France World Cup organizers probably thought they were confident the French team would certainly top their table and play their quaters at Stade de France - the biggest venue in the competition. I don't think they could've done it any other way. The All Blacks are quite popular (I believe) thus deserved a quater-final venue at Millenium Stadium - second biggest. And since the 2003 World Cup, the format has always been 'Winner Pool A vs Runner-up Pool B' , 'Winner Pool C vs Runner-up Pool B'...etc...and that's the process I think is taken under the IRB's hands, not the World Cup Organizers. [/b]

true but the location for 1/4 has been randomly choosen, instead of a logic choice ...

wc organisers will have to manage to have the millenium all bleu !!!!

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
Did you watch the Bledisloe cup? Being a Wallaby 'mole' in the All Black camp (long story) Melbourne was Black for the days preceding the match. Most Kiwi's live in Australia anyway :p

You French should have done what the Kiwi's would have done if the 1/4 was in Melbourne, MAKE the ground a home ground..hell, it would be cheaper for flights etc. from France to Wales... [/b][/quote]

true but the bledisloe happens every year. we won't have the wc in france untill 30 years at least ....

Yeah but looking at the "Home venues", they haven't really been that great for countries like Scotland and Wales. The stadiums are like half empty, nothing compared to the likes of 6 nations and I still think it would be far better to play everything in France, but then nothing's perfect in life.

You French should have done what the Kiwi's would have done if the 1/4 was in Melbourne, MAKE the ground a home ground..hell, it would be cheaper for flights etc. from France to Wales... [/b]
true but the bledisloe happens every year. we won't have the wc in france untill 30 years at least ....
[/b]
By that I meant that if I was a Frenchman I would be buying my tickets right now and migrating over for the quarter final....

<div class='quotemain'> I think Wales deserved to have games played at Millenium. But apart from that, the France World Cup organizers probably thought they were confident the French team would certainly top their table and play their quaters at Stade de France - the biggest venue in the competition. I don't think they could've done it any other way. The All Blacks are quite popular (I believe) thus deserved a quater-final venue at Millenium Stadium - second biggest. And since the 2003 World Cup, the format has always been 'Winner Pool A vs Runner-up Pool B' , 'Winner Pool C vs Runner-up Pool B'...etc...and that's the process I think is taken under the IRB's hands, not the World Cup Organizers. [/b]

true but the location for 1/4 has been randomly choosen, instead of a logic choice ...

wc organisers will have to manage to have the millenium all bleu !!!!
[/b][/quote]

Venue location...randomly chosen? :huh: That's something I never thought would've ever happened, it sounds ridiculous too, if it's true (It'll be helpful to see some evidence).

hum sorry i don't know the english expression for that ... they did choose randomly (you know when they decide in which pool every team goes using balls with the names in, like they do for the uefa champions league).

hum sorry i don't know the english expression for that ... they did choose randomly (you know when they decide in which pool every team goes using balls with the names in, like they do for the uefa champions league).

[/b]
Maybe you are thinking of a "lottery"?

Yep, France playing 1/4 in wales is sounds funny... to everyone except franch funs of course.

All that mess wouldn't have happened if we had not lose against those f**kin argentinians, they are going to be destroyed by the Boks in semis

Latest posts