TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
Does anyone know what's the situation with Englands warm up tests being shown on TV?

I know that Sky have the rights to non-Six Nations/World Cup England matches, but don't the BBC/S4/C have the rights to Wales matches, and RTE (I think?) have the rights to the Ireland matches?
So will these matches be free to view on BBC Wales/Irish TV, or does Sky override this?

Sky bought the rights to the England vs. Wales and Wales vs. England games.

Wales vs. Argentina I have seen is being covered on S4C.

Ah, gutted
Presume it's the same with England/Ireland then (in the UK at least)

Canada vs USA(both games) is available on TSN in Canada you may be able to find a broadcast somewhere ;)

Sky bought the rights to the England vs. Wales and Wales vs. England games.

Wales vs. Argentina I have seen is being covered on S4C.

Is this the first time that a Wales home game hasn't been available on terrestial? I find it very odd, as I thought a tv deal for home games was already in place with BBC/S4C.

Suppose I'll be heading to the internets to watch then!

Doesn't sound right to me, I assumed that the England vs Wales games would be on Sky since most non-6 Nations England games are on there, but I remember reading a bbc article about what sports fixtures are protected (as in not allowed to be made exclusive to subscribers) and all Wales home internationals were one of the ones on that list. If Sky do have it, guess it givs me another reason to hate Sky, and to dodge around them. F*ckers.
From what I know anyway, S4C definitely has rights to ALL rugby games in the Millenium Stadium (at least one's involving Welsh teams, and not counting the HC obviously), hence the fact they show things like the Welsh Cup final and the Welsh Varsity between Swansea Uni and Cardiff Uni.

I hope you're right though I think you're wrong. Would love the 2 Wales/England games to be on BBC or even S4C but just got a feeling that Sky have nicked them both :(

Doesn't sound right to me, I assumed that the England vs Wales games would be on Sky since most non-6 Nations England games are on there, but I remember reading a bbc article about what sports fixtures are protected (as in not allowed to be made exclusive to subscribers) and all Wales home internationals were one of the ones on that list. If Sky do have it, guess it givs me another reason to hate Sky, and to dodge around them. F*ckers.
From what I know anyway, S4C definitely has rights to ALL rugby games in the Millenium Stadium (at least one's involving Welsh teams, and not counting the HC obviously), hence the fact they show things like the Welsh Cup final and the Welsh Varsity between Swansea Uni and Cardiff Uni.

Sadly you are wrong.

Sky announced the deal a few months ago and there was an article somewhere saying that Sky had secured the rights.

S4C have the rights to show games in Welsh if they purchase the rights to it. For this they were outbid by Sky.

Latest posts