• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World League

W

wkl

I couldn't find it in the manual, so I'll ask here. In world league where you recruit people, what does it mean if a player is greyed out? I wanted to sign a player up all year, got over 1mil and won all my matches but he then disappeared from the list.

If a player is greyed out, it means he is not interested in joining your team.

Thanks, its just I thought it said it was a list of people who were interested in joining.

And guys isn't it possible to just sell a player without buying a new one ?
I'd like to unweight my team as I have useless players to whom I pay a salary ... :ranting:

Same here!! Whats the deal? So you can't just buy someone either? That is terrible.

ok, so in wl, it seems like you get a 50/50 split of player, of real and fake.

can someone tell me if they are the same positional players that get replaced, (ie always no.3, 5,6,17,19 and a couple of replacements), or if its always random, or if its diffrent with each team.

then, can someone tell me who are the best team to use.

EA's world league is always like that. You have to sell someone to buy a new player.

Originally posted by sambad5@Feb 23 2006, 08:18 PM

can someone tell me if they are the same positional players that get replaced, (ie always no.3, 5,6,17,19 and a couple of replacements), or if its always random, or if its diffrent with each team.

I tried it a couple of times, and was the same positional players both times.

Originally posted by CeeJay+Feb 23 2006, 09:50 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-sambad5
@Feb 23 2006, 08:18 PM

I tried it a couple of times, and was the same positional players both times. [/b]
As far as I can make out you get your front row, 1 or maybe both second rows (can't remember), and then a selection of reserves depending on where they appear in the roster - so for some teams eg. Chiefs it's a couple of wingers, some teams get scrum halves etc... it's only reserve ones but still ok in some cases.

I would personally recommend Worcester or the Chiefs, as both give you a couple of pretty quick wingers which can be a huge advantage when starting out. It's pretty even though and you can usually sign a couple of decent players in the first window.

As an interesting side note, I tried changing players in the rosters to positions I knew you got to keep (so moved loads of decent backs etc into the front row) before starting world league, but I still got given the same starting squad so it seems pre-programmed. Was worth a go though...

Originally posted by CeeJay@Feb 23 2006, 12:02 PM
What wingers do the chiefs start with?
Can't remember off the top of my head... they'll be reserve ones, but they were both pretty good when I started as them. I can look it up after work if you're incredibly intersted though... won't be for a good few hours though!

Its ok, i just thougt they might hav start with sivivatu, i had a look myself, and they hav a couple of quick islanders that no other team gets in WL. Interesting.

I quite like the look of the Ulster team, especially the lock you start off with (Frost?). I reckon he could hold his own, if not dominate most of his locking rivals in at least D3 & D2.

The fake-replacement backs offered when you pick Ulster are pretty dire tho ripper

... that monkey Chapuin who fakes as a centre couldn't catch rabies off a bat

and the real ones that are left behind are generally stinkers too

If you start with the Cats you get a decent pack that can hold its own against most of D3 without any major enhancements

Originally posted by raziel_eire@Feb 24 2006, 01:08 PM
The fake-replacement backs offered when you pick Ulster are pretty dire tho ripper

... that monkey Chapuin who fakes as a centre couldn't catch rabies off a bat

and the real ones that are left behind are generally stinkers too

If you start with the Cats you get a decent pack that can hold its own against most of D3 without any major enhancements
I just went through all the other teams, and in hindsight Ulster ain't a good pick... I like the Cheifs though, especially the foward pack you get, and their backs have some toe which is vital. Worcester as well is solid enough, I'll probably just go with Worcester on the basis I like their uniforms and I hate Waikato.

Although as soon as Auckland or Leinster offer me a job I'm out of there.

Originally posted by Ripper@Feb 24 2006, 03:16 PM
Although as soon as Auckland or Leinster offer me a job I'm out of there.
haha thats the spirit!

how often do you get offers from other clubs?

Originally posted by raziel_eire@Feb 24 2006, 12:08 AM

I started with the Cats, it's a pretty good starting lineup. In my first season made it to the semi's of the knockout, losing 28 - 7 to the Brumbies ( althoug by this time I've made changes to positions 7, 10, 12, 15)

Have a small complaint about the world league.

Starting a season on Pro with the Chief's and was given the objective of reaching the quarter finals of the cup. I was beaten in the 2nd round (by Gloucester) and expected to get the sack, instead I had a message stating my job security is low. So I was able to continue playing and get my job security up, with a decent performace in the league.

I managed to win the 3rd division with the Chief's, just losing one game, so felt, rather pleased with myself, I received the end of season screen showing salary being paid, promotion money etc. and then proceeded ointo the next screen, expecting my new season to start!

Instead I received a message saying I failed to reach my objective and was sacked from the job - wtf!!

Surely they could have sacked me, back when I lost the cup match not when I completed an entire season, getting the team promoted - feel this is an error on EA's part!

GUTTED!!!!!!!!!!! :ranting:

Latest posts