World Rugby Team of the Season

Pieter Steph du Teague

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Exeter
World Rugby announced a team of the season and as was to be expected, a lot of people had plenty that they'd have liked to change about it. So, I thought it'd be fun to see what the combined minds of TRF would put together. Have at it.

Edit: I meant to put up a poll with a few options per position but you can only have one poll per post. So this hasn't quite worked, @TRF_Olyy feel free to delete.

I was most surprised to not see Savea and surprised there were no better 12s than DDA?

I'm sad Foster got round to picking Jordie B at 12 like a lot of NZ posters were wanting. Think he looks good there. DDA did get a lot of games and he was very consistent though. Ioane has been a stand out but not ahead of Am.

I'd have gone for Etzebeth and Whitelock both in as fine form as ever but what little I've seen of Beirne looks good.

Furlong I'm not sure what he really has contributed. I've been more impressed with the Irish hooker if anything but Marx has been class. That said I don't know who else.

Wings surely Darcy and Penaud? At least for me. Koroibete a fair enough shout but not Jordan IMO.
Guess I'm going to go..

2 Marx
3 Furlong
4 Etzebeth
5 Whitelock
6 Van der Flier
7 Savea
8 Matera
9 Dupont
10 Sexton
11 Koroibete
13 Am
14 Darcy
15 Steward

@TRF_stormer2010 savea hasn't played 7 other than vary rare occurrences since 2018 (2019 moved to 6 and 8 since then)...is there no one thats played better at 7 than someone that hasn't played there?

so the question, are we putting together a squad to may the Mars XV...so you find a way to put the best players on the pitch....or are we selecting the best player in each position

Last edited:
He didnt play very many games but id still take Kerevi over anyone else at 12 in a heartbeat.

Open question, has Russell done enough to challenge for the 10 shirt? Darcy Graham has had an exceptional season.

I feel like we could do this easy enough with google forms. One week nomination process followed by a ballot.

In addition to the team is there anything else we'd like to do. Coaches, Moments, Worst Moment?

I feel like we could do this easy enough with google forms. One week nomination process followed by a ballot.

In addition to the team is there anything else we'd like to do. Coaches, Moments, Worst Moment?
its something the AFL does very well in Aus, the brownlow medal, votes every week for players and then a huge event at the end of the season where the do "the count", all adds a bit of hype to the off season

Latest posts