• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Worst beer you've ever had

True but I remember asking a guy is a supermarket in Florida which was his strongest beer and he said Heinekin.................all the US ones were like drinking pop!
It's not quality but quantity for many.

I had my fair share of bad beers but the worst 3 are:

- Oranjeboom
- Bavaria
- Carling Black Label

Surprised nobody has mentioned coors lite? It's like drinking flat fizzy water with a slight hint of hops... and not enough alcohol to help you get over it!

ergh.

However I take Little Guys point about beers like that being better suited to certain climates e.g refreshing beers for hot climate.

It's more to do with the length of Baseball and NFL though isn't it? Equally so anyway...
Because the games last pretty much the entire day.

Last year of school I had some beers in NZ called Ice. I think that's what it was called. It had a blue label. It was the sh**test sh** I ever drank. Also tasted completely diluted like no fizz.

Over here I've been trying to find a good tasting beer for cheap and so I tried my luck with a beer called St Etienne from Aldi. Was ok tasting but there must be some kind of preservative in it or something cos it made my heart palpitate. Couldn't enjoy my drink cos I was constantly wondering why my heart was racing. First time I thought it was just random luck but it happened again so probably staying away from that one now. On that note, any Irish recommend a beer that tastes good and reasonably priced over here?

Gotta say I miss Speights from NZ a lot. I found it over here but it costs heaps cos of import charge :(

Surprised nobody has mentioned coors lite? It's like drinking flat fizzy water with a slight hint of hops... and not enough alcohol to help you get over it!

ergh.

However I take Little Guys point about beers like that being better suited to certain climates e.g refreshing beers for hot climate.

That's essentially all Coors is good for LOL!!! Though I also occasionally have it if I'm driving to a local bar and want one or two since the lower percentage is advantageous. I'm almost salivating now at the feeling that comes from drinking an ice cold can or pint(never as good with bottles as it's harder to drink fast) after a blazing hot Southern Ontario day, so refreshing and even at a lower percentage can hit you a little hard if your dehydrated.

Another thing I didn't really mention is the North American beers(especially American) are often brewed with rice as either a supplement or replacement of hops/barley. Budweiser, Coors I know have high rice quantities. Asian beers often use rice as a primary ingredient as well. This is a big factor in their smoothness and a lack of "punch" in their flavour.

I usually drink Busch cans at home, it's a 4.7% beer, but it's essentially one that needs to be chiled and chugged. It's fairly good value for price as well since some imports as Taff stated are ridiculously expensive here. At a bar I'll vary things up more depending on establishment, time of year, any house specials etc.

The most absurd thing about United States beer is that you can't legally sell it to anyone under....21 FFS!!!!!

As for worst beer I've ever had....on tap I had utterly rancid Steamwhistle at bar in St. Catharines called "The Mansion House" it's an older bar (200 years old is actually more like ancient by NA standards) and I know Steamwhistle uses odd preservatives so it may have been a combination of the brand or perhaps something wrong with the bars equipment, not having cleaned their lines or storing a beer with less preservatives poorly may have made for a shocking combo. It was virtually undrinkable, I barely finished my glass(and I had been forewarned by regulars how atrociuos it was, nor do I have a good sense of smell/taste).

I've had a couple bad micro brewery ones in my time but won't really trash them to much, often it's new startups looking for a new flavour or niche, sometimes it works sometimes it dosen't and anything that challnges the awful beer cartels here is good in my book!!!

Anything in a 40 Oz. is pretty much gross, Maximum Ice, Olde English Malt Liquor almost makes me want to gag thinking of it, I remember vomiting once on taste alone after chugging the end of a 40 of Labbat Blue...ugggghhh.

Last edited:
Coors gets excused because of this advert.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Coors gets excused because of this advert.....

Now that I know you and Ewis have drank Labatt's Blue before, have either of you also experienced the added bonus the next morning.....as it is known here by the term "The Labbat Splat".

Now that I know you and Ewis have drank Labatt's Blue before, have either of you also experienced the added bonus the next morning.....as it is known here by the term "The Labbat Splat".

Heh, nah. For me the week I was drinking it in Courtice was the equivalent of a 'detox session' from beer in Cardiff ;)

Victoria Bitter is prettty damn sh*t. Lion Brown is also crap.

Breda, ****ing revolting stuff, costs about 11 dollars here for a 6 pack which is about 6 euro. I don't think there is anything worse than it.

mmm no. What is that ?

I'm not really a beer/lager drinker as it is but what I have had I can say that Fosters/Stella/Becks/Kronenburg/Heineken are horrid things to drink. I also don't like Guinness....yes that's right, I went there.

Canterbury Draught and Waikato Draught.

Hands down the most disgusting beers ever brewed. Waikato Draught especially.
Although I have never actually made the comparison, I imagine it is what drinking from a toilet would taste like.

As for Budweiser, well as my Dad will say; It's like having sex in a canoe.
It's ****ing near water.

Peroni and Windhoek Light.

One is diluted **** and one is actual ****.

Normal Windhoek is not too bad.

What do you have against Black Label, Eze? It's a good beer to get sloshed on ;)

I particularly disliked Carlsberg the one time I had it.

But I think I've had the worst beers (and some of the best too) in the US. Can't remember the names though (miller light comes to mind, but there were others)

Latest posts