• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Worst Place in the World

You guys should try out Hillbrow or Yeoville in the Johannesburg, RSA CBD- heck, even the cops don`t go near there! Got lost in Joh`burg once(pretty easy to happen actually, even for locals!), and found myself having to drive through Hillbrow- more Nigerian drug dealers than anything else.

Had to stop at 2 red traffic lights, was approached by at least 17 drug dealers, offering everything from Coke to weed, right out in the open, in broad daylight. Was also approached by more than 10 hookers, I think one actually had 3 teeth, the rest had nothing! Apparently the thugs in this area are pretty cheap, too- they won`t waste good money on a bullet when a rusty old bicycle spike will do the trick.

Pretty scary stuff, I promised myself to NEVER go driving in Jo`burg without some local knowledge to navigate for me after this little episode.

178651_2e28ddfe.jpg

Already been beaten to it, but I thought Northampton Bus Station deserved a picture.

Imagine a real life Jabba's Palace if you will, full to the brim with all the worst types of chav scum, teenages mothers with multiple children, drunk tramps, and a combination of all of the above.

Try never to end up in there myself.

178651_2e28ddfe.jpg

Already been beaten to it, but I thought Northampton Bus Station deserved a picture.

Imagine a real life Jabba's Palace if you will, full to the brim with all the worst types of chav scum, teenages mothers with multiple children, drunk tramps, and a combination of all of the above.

Try never to end up in there myself.
[/b]
Isn't that where Teh Mite lives?

Yeah, Northampton has allot of dumps.

The Bus Station, the Shopping Center, Franklins Gardens....

:D

Yeah, Northampton has allot of dumps.

:D [/b]

Don't get me started on Watford... And it's spelt CENTRE. Damn it.

<div class='quotemain'> Yeah, Northampton has allot of dumps.

[/b][/quote]

That's a prime exampple of Britain becoming Americanised, that is.

...or it's a spelling mistake.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> Yeah, Northampton has allot of dumps.

[/b][/quote]

That's a prime exampple of Britain becoming Americanised, that is.

...or it's a spelling mistake.
[/b][/quote]
Next thing you know you'll be saying Aluminum Cans, just like me!

Actually the spelling "centre" comes from France, for example they have a province called "Centre", the spelling "centre" wasn't used in the UK until the 1970s and 80s.

The spelling "center" is actually what we used to use before we decided to try and use European spellings of English words in an effort to pretend to be "more European and stuff."

So actually, I'm spelling it how we used to spell it.

Edit: Keep in mind that the Yanks did originally actually come from somewhere not far from the British Isles, so don't be surprised if allot of their words still use spellings as were dictated by Georgian and Victorian Britain. Just a thought.

Droppin.jpg

Actually the spelling "centre" comes from France, for example they have a province called "Centre", the spelling "centre" wasn't used in the UK until the 1970s and 80s.

The spelling "center" is actually what we used to use before we decided to try and use European spellings of English words in an effort to pretend to be "more European and stuff."

Edit: Keep in mind that the Yanks did originally actually come from somewhere not far from the British Isles, so don't be surprised if allot of their words still use spellings as were dictated by Georgian and Victorian Britain. Just a thought.

Droppin.jpg

[/b]
Yes, we're all quite victorian here.
victoria66brithday.jpg

She has a huge head...makes that crown look tiny!

Being anywhere in the world in the same cricket ground as Shane Watson - wearing the same colours

I'd rather walk down Harlem wearing a white hooded white robe

<div class='quotemain'>
Some of the more "outback" communities are pretty feral.

I'm not a racist, but damn, the communities have a very large percentage of aboriginals and it's not pretty and can get scary at times.

There's a pub out at Walcha where part of the pub is for Blacks, and part of the pub is for Whites. On friday nights, it's good entertainment to pull the ute up to near the back of the black part with a slab of beer and a folding chair and watch the aboriginals come out of the pub fighting.

A couple of years back, for school footy, i had to play 2 games over two days for 2 different rugby teams at school in a town that is 5.5 hours away. We had to travel there and back both days (11 hour round trip each day) because we couldn't stay there over night, as it was deemed it wasn't safe enough. We'd rock up there on the minibus at the school and had things thrown at us by a certain group of people, half the other groups would stare us off. We had to stay in the mini bus until it was all clear for us to get into the change rooms. Once we had changed we put our bags in the minibus and pulled it up within 10m of the field and locked everything inside it. The school had bars on it's windows and all. Scary stuff.
[/b]
Sounds like Indian Territory in the States.
[/b][/quote]
You mean those friendly little guys who wear pretty feathers in their hair and answer to the names of little cub and pochahuntus? Get out of town.

Yeah, but Crazy Horse and Running Bear can get a bit rowdy sometimes...only sometimes though.

Droppin.jpg
[/b]

You can play that one all you want, the Oxford English dictionary says it should be spelt CENTRE, no CENTER. Much as in merry old England, we would write METRE, not METER.

Capiche?

Skelmersdale. In particular the Tanhouse and Digmoor areas. Oh and the 'town centre', basically a big shopping precinct full of Pound shops known as the'Concourse'. A town created to re-house people moved because of Slum clearence in Liverpool. A town planners dream turned into a nightmare.

Skelmersdale. In particular the Tanhouse and Digmoor areas. Oh and the 'town centre', basically a big shopping precinct full of Pound shops known as the'Concourse'. A town created to re-house people moved because of Slum clearence in Liverpool. A town planners dream turned into a nightmare.
[/b]

And the only place in the UK where your Sat-Nav tells you to stop and ask for directions!

Latest posts