• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

WTF are the Sharks thinking?!

• Thread starter snoopy snoopy dog dog
  • Start date
That means he can't play for England right?

Well drat, whose going to get the backline moving now?

Hahaha,
He's just slowly moving back towards The Shire aka New Zealand, the hobbit that he is

Well it makes sense I suppose. Look at the kind of FH's the Sharks have imported recently (Hernandez and Michalak). Attacking threats with ball in hand and from the boot. And where did it get them? Nowhere. So the obvious move would be to get a player with neither of those attributes.

I thought Goode was in the middle of filming of Ashes to Ashes;
andy_goode_450x490.jpg
GeneHuntDM0512_228x365.jpg

Nice move, after Michalak and Hernandez, the Shark backline needed another good looking boy to bring more women to the stadium.

Andy Goode is good looking? :huh:

What standards are there exactly in South Africa or indeed France?!

Well, I guess Goode is better than du Mond. Fly-half is a problem in SA and I don't think importing players is good for SA.

Bet they're missing Steyn now :D
They've clearly given up on their season already and are trying to have a laugh.

Cipriani, Goode, Michalak. The Southern Hemisphere is just becoming a home for Northern Fly Halfs who cant hack the superior game :D

Funnily enough my meddling with my Rugby 08 roster had Goode as reserve 10 for the Bulls a few months back. I remember chuckling at the time at the idea of him playing in the world's most attacking league...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Feb 19 2010, 06:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Andy Goode is good looking? :huh:

What standards are there exactly in South Africa or indeed France?![/b]

That was a joke, obviously. ;)

Considering he's the third choice it could have been worse. Goode made a nice first season with Brive... but the guy is still limited, Super 14 maybe to fast for him.

I think the S14 could be too fast for any NH flyhalf.

Would be nice to see what their kicking is like against the SH.

Our best list

Morné Steyn
François Steyn
Daniel Carter

NH?

Who do they have? (not an insult, Iactually dont know) is it still Michalak, Jean Baptiste Ellisalde? Dimitrios Yachvili. (Im not even sure if his name IS Dimitrios) and hows ol Johnny Goin?

Yashvili and Ellisalde are primarily scrum halves.

Quite a few flyhalves in the NH would cut it in Super rugby. Stephen Jones, Dan Biggar, James Hook, Francois Trinh Duc, Toby Flood, Lionel Beauxis and Jonny Sexton off the top of my head could do a good job but none are in the same league as Dan Carter when it comes to pure talent.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Mar 25 2010, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yashvili and Ellisalde are primarily scrum halves.

Quite a few flyhalves in the NH would cut it in Super rugby. Stephen Jones, Dan Biggar, James Hook, Francois Trinh Duc, Toby Flood, Lionel Beauxis and Jonny Sexton off the top of my head could do a good job but none are in the same league as Dan Carter when it comes to pure talent.[/b]

I think only Carter is realistically any better than most of the players you've mentioned. Steyn the only one from SA worth mentioning and while Giteau is somewhat off form he should still be considered ahead of guys like Cooper and Barnes. Evans was exciting in the Super series but decided to step out of Carter's shadow. Donald pretty good but doesn't command much attention at international level IMO.

I wish SA franchises could stop relying either on has-beens, imports or worst of all imported has-beens to fill the fly-half roles. We desperately need to uncover a back-up or two from the ranks of the younger guys or we will suffer at the RWC if anything should happen to Morne.

He actually played fairly well against the Reds today, minus one kick that sailed out on the full.

Latest posts