• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Xbox 360 Widespread Crashing And Overheating

suck i boutht a ps2 about 3 years ago and it played up, went to get it fixed and they said it needed a new lazer and it was gonna cost 100 bucks. i said stuff that.

i changed the voltage on the lazer worked fine still works dad has it now. my xbox is about a year and a half old and it works great no problem, ill get one of the two when they are cheap enough and the bugs soreted out

I've had a PS2 since 2001 and its lived every day on the carpet and I've never had a problem with it (touch wood).

Originally posted by ak47+Dec 2 2005, 10:31 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Dec 2 2005, 10:31 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Teh Mite
@Dec 2 2005, 10:04 AM
What I ment there was, the air vents will clog up with dust after a while (or in the 360's case, 30 mins) causing the overheat. Same as if you never look after the vent's on your PC.
in fact

same as any electrical appliance that needs venting - THUS ANYTHING WITH ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES

30 mins is a very steep timeframe for overheating - thats the issue IMO...it should last a few hours atleast....even on carpet, or even on a sheep.

it may indicate the 360 will overheat in anycase (even on hard marble surface), after a prolonged period of play - ie ....hours at a time or even days

30mins on the carpet is too short - no matter what surface.

I have left my ps2 on for 24hours delibrately many times, - GT4 24 hour endurances races, accidentally many times (falling asleep etc).........if the Xbox360 cant last 24 hours of power on any surface, it SHOULD NOT BE SOLD. [/b]
I have my Playstation II sitting on a sheepskin rug - only the best for my baby! And as my vents are on the side I don't have to worry about them being blocked or clogging up.

I make the girl dust and clean regularly so my PS II remains spotless and free from dust. Yah!

You and serge are playing with fire...

I had a PS2, and just 3 months after I got it, I left it at my cousins place because they hired a couple of games out, and when I got back there I discovered that it had f***ed itself 10 inches up the arse.
It wasn't overheating, but dust apparantly. I could've got it fixed but it was still under warrantee so I just got a new one.

Basically what I'm trying to say is, there is no guarantee that your PS2 won't break it's back just because it hasn't since you got it. Look after it...Please. From first hand experience, won't somebody PLEASE think of the children!?

Still not got mine fixed, it gave me nearly 4 years of top quality service though DVD's have been out of commission for 18 months or so.

The old playstations were the best..when a customer would try and return one that was not loading games, a pal of mine who worked in Game said the official line from a sony exec was "they should spank the console like its a naughty child and then stand it on its end". It seems that sony have allways saved money by using cheaper lasers in their drives.

As for the overheating thing, would the customers be stupid enough to run a pc on their living room carpet?

Originally posted by ZoMbIeAsRtOnAuT@Dec 3 2005, 09:17 PM
The old playstations were the best..when a customer would try and return one that was not loading games, a pal of mine who worked in Game said the official line from a sony exec was "they should spank the console like its a naughty child and then stand it on its end". It seems that sony have allways saved money by using cheaper lasers in their drives.

As for the overheating thing, would the customers be stupid enough to run a pc on their living room carpet?
well if you pay that much money....it shud withstand it
<

Originally posted by ZoMbIeAsRtOnAuT@Dec 4 2005, 12:17 AM
Like my ps2, My computer sits on the carpet (Don't have a desk). Again never had any problems although i have cleaned the dust and crap in it a couple of times as it builds up.

The PS2 is a major problem when it comes to Lens cleaning and dust, they "pack-up" if they are not taken care of, even though they do eventually.

I seem to have the problem with my 360. I have been really enjoying playing on the 360 when all of a sudden the game crashed!

I thought I solved the problem by putting the 360 on the floor but after about 2 hrs playing NFS MW it crashed again. I have got 3 games & each game has crashed. It looks like I may have to take mine back to curry's & see if they can repair it.

Originally posted by gjohn85@Dec 4 2005, 07:15 PM
I seem to have the problem with my 360. I have been really enjoying playing on the 360 when all of a sudden the game crashed!

I thought I solved the problem by putting the 360 on the floor but after about 2 hrs playing NFS MW it crashed again. I have got 3 games & each game has crashed. It looks like I may have to take mine back to curry's & see if they can repair it.
Take the power unit off the carpet. That's supposed to be the cause of the problem.

I have read on the xbox forum & they do say that the power supply is overheating. I put a usb fan on the power supply & I have had no crashing since (been playing on it for 4 hrs straight)

Ohh for kaftka, the 3 games I got is Perfect Dark (that came with the 360) Project Gotham 3 & Need For Speed: Most Wanted

Ooh nice choices.

Is Project Gotham as fun as it looks when it's in the first-person driver view?

Its absolutly awesome. Its the best view by far!
All that missing is a steering wheel to complete the experience!

Normally I use 'behind car view' on car games as I am crap with 'in car view', but with PG3 I seem to drive the best in the 'in car view'

I love the look of the PGR3 and loved number 1 and 2. PGR2 being my favourite...a GT beater anyday.

Sounds awsome mate. Any more problems lately?

Originally posted by gjohn85@Dec 6 2005, 06:51 AM
I have read on the xbox forum & they do say that the power supply is overheating. I put a usb fan on the power supply & I have had no crashing since (been playing on it for 4 hrs straight)

Ohh for kaftka, the 3 games I got is Perfect Dark (that came with the 360) Project Gotham 3 & Need For Speed: Most Wanted
In retrospect, would you have bought the system straight away again? Or do you recomend waiting a year or so?

Latest posts