• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Yes, it was April Fools Day and all was well

Capturetoll.png

hey there may not be many posts, but they are all logical :p

pff you're all fools. the actual joke is on the guys who thought they were smart and predicted it would be an April Fools joke but reeaallly we will be seeing updates :D

reverse psychology i think it's called.

Last edited by a moderator:
It isnt 12 noon in NZ yet it only like 8 am so we will no in like 4 hours what really going on:)

maybe the thing about the teams is true? 20 world cup teams + magners, top 12, super 15 and the premiership = 73 teams

It would be a pretty bad April Fools joke, they posted this on the 31st of March.

HAPPY APRIL FOOLS DAY PEOPLE!!!!

Indeed this thread was started on April 1st in New Zealand.

Due to this being an internet forum which of course covers the scope of the international time-line, it was very hard to decide when would be the best time to let it out that it was indeed an April Fools Day joke. I decided to wait just over an hour past the 12pm April 1st (NZ time) to have a think about it. My wife said "No, I think you'd better do it sooner than later", and I guess that's right.

Certainly it wasn't meant to distress, over excite or annoy people, but it's just the nature of this fun little quirk of a humorous day that every now and again a fun little gag is put out there. On the internet where everything is debunked within minutes, it can be harder and harder to put something together that is convincing, yet not so unduly realistic that it's unfair or unsporting in it's layout.

Just so you all know, we really, really, honestly are in the home stretch when it comes to information on this game and it's competing ***le. This is not to promise anything, but information on upcoming ***les tends to hit levels of significant excitement in the last 3 months prior to release as commitments are realised and marketing strategies are no doubt being finalised. So, don't despair, the excitement really shouldn't have started so early, because it's now that it's time to start anticipating. As surely as anyone can say......we're almost there.

From this point on in this thread, perhaps we can discuss your best April Fools Day Gag that you either been got by or got someone with. Or perhaps you might like to talk about which of the earlier "features" would've been nice, or the biggest laugh. Maybe you've got some good ideas on quirky game-modes or unlockables that really would be cool?

Let's hear you,......and please, don't kill me. :D

I hate April Fools day. It's my Birthday...and noone ever believes me.

Well at least this was a better april fools joke than sticking tarantula skin in my pencil case from the old school days, especially considering i'm arachnophobic. Although be a ref would have been fun :p :p If Rugby 2012 has half as many teams in it, it'll defo be worth it :D :D haha

Well at least this was a better april fools joke than sticking tarantula skin in my pencil case from the old school days, especially considering i'm arachnophobic. Although be a ref would have been fun :p :p If Rugby 2012 has half as many teams in it, it'll defo be worth it :D :D haha

I can imagine being a ref for two mates and being a real devil to help the not so good mate and blowing a full arm penalty even though nothing happened!

Or play it like the Be The Ref in the WWF/WWE games, and just start tackling players

hahahaha i guess thats an achievement right there
"As the ref be the games top tackler" hahaha stupid but would be fun to **** off you mates :D (as i have done many a time on the wwe games)

i quite like how the idea of 72 licensed teams for a rugby game is considered perfect material for an april fool, when fifa's got way more licensed teams than that...

Was indeed a good joke, although id already been subject to another April Fools Joke on another website (Project Reality) where they said they were cancelling their new game ***les and the studio was disbanding, after that I took nothing as seriously!

Latest posts