• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

You know what South Africa?

P

Prestwick

You're all right guys, you're aaalllll right...

eastcoast01.JPG

Got a bottle of the stuff on my kitchen table, bottle conditioned as well. Quality.

:bravo:

You guys should. Dump that Castle and Windhoek europ*ss crap and get yourselves over to KwaZulu-Natal and get some of that bottle conditioned real ale down yer throats. If you wanna be a really patriotic South African then you'll dump SAB and go find a decent local 110% SA owned micro-brewery like Shongweni Brewery or Birkenhead Breweries.

Pro-tip: that gunky stuff you see at the bottom of the bottle? Thats just the yeast. Perfectly harmless but don't pour it into your beer ;)

I thought this thread was going to be you taking the **** out of your Clubs owners and Players.
But, since we're talking beer, I've never seen the stuff either. Will keep an open eye for it...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Feb 20 2010, 06:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
You guys should. Dump that Castle and Windhoek europ*ss crap and get yourselves over to KwaZulu-Natal and get some of that bottle conditioned real ale down yer throats. If you wanna be a really patriotic South African then you'll dump SAB and go find a decent local 110% SA owned micro-brewery like Shongweni Brewery or Birkenhead Breweries.

Pro-tip: that gunky stuff you see at the bottom of the bottle? Thats just the yeast. Perfectly harmless but don't pour it into your beer ;)[/b]

Indeed. Once drank a bottle of homebrew with all the yest mixed up in my rookie days. A hangover to remember that one. Anyway, are there not enough South Africans in your neck of thewoods already Prestwick?

Naw bru, they're all in South-East London bru, I'm just south of the river bru, right smack bang in the middle of where all the rich ANZACs live bru.

A'wight bru? Nice jeanpant u have there bru.

Nate: I've got a bottle of ***an Brewery Denver Pale Ale here too. I was looking at the others but they're way too strong. If you just want to enjoy a beer you don't want to be drinking 12% - 15% every night.

How does the yeast cause the mother of hangovers? Sorry for the newb question!

The stuff at the bottom of a bottle conditioned beer is the yeast. Usually that will cause an upset tummy and thus a worse hangover the day after.

And can lead to terrible diarrhea, not in my case fortunately enough but you should have seen my mate!

The problem is that if you're at a decent bar that stocks lots of bottle conditioned beer and if you have gone through about three or five bottles of 12% bottle conditioned beers then you're not exactly in the right frame of mind to be able to pour a beer properly :(

Which means you're most likely headed for a sick morning.

True Bru,

SA has got some awesome beers, our SA wineshop/ food shop has got some nice ales as well and spicy BBQ sauces that makes your ass spit fire.
Prestwick when I make it to London we should go and try some beers

Aaargh Natal Midland micro-breweries make crap drinks. Always.

Nottingham Road is probably the most well known in SA and Natal, and their range tastes like different varieties of refrigerated apple cider vinger.

On ale... I've heard it's not 'real' ale if something doesn't swim the other way when you stir it.

Never seen that stuff before; mostly because SA doesn't back its own. Will keep an eye out, thanks.

Thats some strong beer ..i have heard of one though called wait for it ...tactical nuclear penguin...apparently its pushing 30%.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bristol-iain @ Mar 8 2010, 10:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lucky_number_7 @ Mar 8 2010, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thats some strong beer ..i have heard of one though called wait for it ...tactical nuclear penguin...apparently its pushing 30%.[/b]
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/north_east/8517607.stm
[/b][/quote]
oh dear.....i drink desporados normally..so thats 6%...so thats about 7 bottles...not too bad when you think about it but enough to leave me sick as a small hospital if i go fast....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (amobokobokoboko @ Feb 28 2010, 07:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
True Bru,

SA has got some awesome beers, our SA wineshop/ food shop has got some nice ales as well and spicy BBQ sauces that makes your ass spit fire.
Prestwick when I make it to London we should go and try some beers[/b]

Sure thing! Lemme know when you arrive!

Latest posts