Dallalglio
Perry
Wilkinson
Cueto
Farrel
Hipkiss
Sackey
Lewsey

No, please pick Farrell and Dallaglio so Samoa can smack the sh*t out if them.

Yup, agree with most of what Teh Mite said. I'd go...

1 Stevens
2 Chuter
3 Sheridan
4 Shaw
5 Borthwick
6 Moody
7 Rees
8 Easter

9 Richards
10 Wilkinson
11 Cueto
12 Catt
13 Hipkiss
14 Sackey
15 Lewsey

Desperately short on wing as well as FB with Robinson's injury...

Do you think the one against SA was Robinson´s last game? Its amazing, but if It was, I think but he managed to give a great attitude/courage image even though England played a real poor game. I wish he could recover from his injury and play at least one more game in this RWC!

Lets not forget Sheridan isn't a tighthead guys - I don't think he's played a game there.

As for my team:
1) Sheridan
2) Mears
3) Stevens
4) Shaw
5) Borthwick
6) Moody
7) Rees
8) Easter

9) Richards
10) Barkley
11) Sackey
12) Hipkiss
13) Tait
14) Cueto
15) Lewsey

1. A Sheridan
2. G Chuter
3. P Freshwater
4. S Shaw
5. B Kay
6. L Moody
7. J Worsley
8. M Corry
9. S Perry
10. J Wilkinson
11. M Tait
12. P Richards
13. D Hipkiss
14. J Lewsey
15. M Cueto

England team to face Samoa:
Lewsey; Sackey, Tait, Barkley, Cueto; Wilkinson, Gomarsall;
Sheridan, Chuter, Stevens, Shaw, Kay, Corry (capt), Worsley, Easter.

Replacements: Regan, Freshwater, Borthwick, Moody, Richards, Farrell, Hipkiss.

Ok, so there's the actual team, thoughts?

Why, for the love of all that is pure, is Martin Corry still playing 6?

And then there's arguably the even worse decision of dropping Tom Rees.

Only real consolation is that Dallaglio and Perry are nowhere near the team after their shocking performances. Oh wait, I just spotted that Farrell has made the squad ahead of Catt. Nothing left to do but sigh.

Couldn't agree more! Rees & Catt out of the 22 entirely yet Corry retained in the XV? and as captain too!

Feel for Perry a touch as the forwards are forever changing in front of him but agree he has been poor. Personally would have liked to see Richards have a go though.

Oh good grief... The bring in Flood because of the **** Centres they have, then leave Panface in the 22 and ignore him.

Yet again I despair.

Captaincy is a real issue. I'd have Corry as captain if he's on the pitch. If he's on the pitch i'd have him at No 8 or not at all. Certainly not a back 3 of Worsley, Corry and Easter. I'd have Rees at 7, Moody at 6, and either Corry or Easter at 8. Ideally Easter with corry on the bench, but then who would you give the captaincy to? I'd have Corry in for that. Front 5 is ok. just hope they peform to their abilities. I wonder if they've gone for a slow beefy pack to maul the Samoans to death and stick the ball up the jumper. If so lets hope Wilko and Barkley kick well to touch. If we let Samoa dominate possesion we will lose.

My alternative team would be pretty much same as last weeks, but with Dallaglio in and Farrell commanding the backs. That way when we get our asses kicked there will be even less doubt who to include for the next 4 years.

Both teams are coming back from demoralising losses and it will be a dour game with lots of kicking & forward play.

England by 10.

hmm if england doesnt win they will be in major trouble! its a must win and as a result i feel that they have to field their strongest team....i understand people dont want to see Farrel out there but he has the most potential to make plays now with Robinson out....he just has to step up...and he cant do that without the opportunity :( so unfortunately i would field him...

Where to start? Why is The second row the same again. Ben Kay has been about as effective as a goalkicker with two broken legs. Then we drop our best forward, and our only speedy forward, for a guy who is both slow and useless, but apparebtlt tackles well and does the unseen stuff, badly. Throw in Martin "Dejected" Corry and you've got the worst English backrow ever, also the slowest.

No Perry is godsend, and I can't disagree with the FH and centres and, I guess, the wings but th bench is a hideous mess.

What I can; understand is picking slow forwards and, relatively,fast backs. We're just going to have a game with the likes of Tait and co. running away from support as Martin Corry slides across almost in slow motion. :ranting:

The back row selections for england defy belief. England's problem against South Africa: lack of quick ball caused by slow forwards. Solution: Bring in more slow forwards.

Seriously, what is Ashton thinking? It's as if the guy wants England to lose.