• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Your season in review?

What were your pre-season predictions? HEC semi-final and finish top 3 in the Rabo.
High point? Giving Northhampton a right beating away from home, and then doing the double over Leinster
Low point? Nevin Spence of course, rugby terms - losing to NH in the pool stages at home + losing to Saracens when we had the squad to win.
Best player? Trimble has been outstanding, as well as Afoa.
Best new signing? Does Payne count since he really didn't play at all last season?
Worst new signing? Roger Wilson is a decent player but I haven't really seen him at all this season, only saying him because I can't think of a bad signing. Rob Herring was never brought in to take over Best.
What do you need to improve on? Discipline.
Prediction for next year? HEC semi-final, come 2nd in the Rabo.

What were your pre-season predictions?
To challenge H Cup knockout place and perhaps get an Amlin Cup place and to reach Pro12 playoffs.

High point?
Beating Toulouse with a young team with lots of injuries and Eli Walker coming to prominence. Also stuffing the Scarlets just at they were getting hyped and denying the Dragons their annual win at Rodney Parade and winning all Welsh derby games was satisfying.

Low point?
The capitulation of the last 10 minutes at Leicester.
Both Glasgow performances were also terrible.

Best player?
Kahn Fotuali'i.

Best new signing?
Hardly made any. Dmitri Arhip has done decently in his chances.

Worst new signing?
The players brought back from London Irish. Another signing from them George Stowers has also been crap.

What do you need to improve on?
Realistically nothing will be improved on. With no ability to make signings, the best possible is to just maintain a decent level. Hopefully some more luck with injuries (a number of players were injured playing for Wales in November), and then both Eli Walker and Dirksen suffered long term injuries. A better, more inventive attack to build on a strong pack would be good. Dominating Leicester in January but not getting enough points to win was frustrating.

Prediction for next year?
Depends on luck with Heineken Cup draw. Should be there or thereabouts with Pro12 playoff contention with youngsters doing pretty well to get close this season despite an awful start to the season. Don't expect a trophy though. Fotuali'i leaving whilst signing Tebaldi and giving Webb a 3 year contract is a blow.

Latest posts