• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Your Springbok XV so far

It's not that he isn't good enough but rather that when he signed for an overseas team he put himself down the pecking order as PdV has stated he would give players based in SA preference. With so many Bok players in the S14 final, he came back into contention. Same situation with BJ Botha, who is the best Bok tighthead.

good old botha done awesome for ulster this year love seeing him at ravenhill
ahh so it isnt that he wanst good enough its just i managd to see alot of the super 14 a couple of years ago and i thought frans was immense

first choice XV looking at RWC 2011:

John Smit
Bismark du Plessis
BJ Botha
Andries Bekker
Victor Matfield
Schalk Burger
Juan Smith
Pierre Spies
Fourie du Preez
Morne Steyn
Bryan Habana
Jean de Villiers
Jacque Fourie
Lionel Mapoe
Frans Steyn

Rest of squad:

Guthro Steenkamp
CJ van der Linde
Jannie du Plessis / Tendai Mtawarira
Tiaan Liebenberg
Bakkies Botha
Danie Rossouw
Heinrich Brussouw
Francois Louw
Jean Deysel / Duane Vermeulen
Francois Hougaard
Ruan Pienaar
Peter Grant
Wynand Olivier
JP Petersen
Zane Kirschner / Gio Aplon / Patrick Lambie

The ones i would change would be:

Gurthro Steenkamp
John Smit
BJ Botha
Andries Bekker
Victor Matfield
Schalk Burger
Juan Smith
Pierre Spies
Fourie du Preez
Morne Steyn
Bryan Habana
Jean de Villiers
Jacque Fourie
Gerhard van den Heever
Frans Steyn

Don't see any team beating this line-up to be honest.

Except maybe the French but not at home and not in NZ I would reckon. But its the French, you never know and they are gaining consistency. Scary.

Ja, the changes you made was where I was undecided; Front row an issue except if you leave out John Smit, then it becomes pretty straightforward:

Guthro Steenkamp (oddly enough the bok with the best win percentage ever)
Bismark du Plessis
BJ Botha

Tiaan Liebenberg or John Smit in the mix ofcourse but it seems a waste to deny Bismark and Liebenberg a spot. Smitty ahead of Gary Botha, though.
Daan Human

Undecided between van den Heever / Mapoe / Peteresn. With Mapoe and Peteresn both injured it might open the door but I doubt PdV will pick the top SA try scorer. Look at him picking Odwa for example. Francois Hougaard also part of his plans so might be a surprise on the wing much like Gio Aplon.

Latest posts