• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Your team's footy equivelant

R

RoyalBlueStuey

If they do get to the final, they could face Leicester, which would be the equivalent of Liverpool vs Man United in the Champions League
[/b]

I'm sure teh mite wouldn't want to hear it but Saints have a wiff of the Everton/City about them. Fine tradition, great fanbase but a bit of a rollercoaster ride.

Leicester will be the Man United of rugby, Wasps strike me as the liverpool (great cup side, not the best in the league). Mercirial Sale could be Arsenal with it's French element.

Any more?

<div class='quotemain'>
If they do get to the final, they could face Leicester, which would be the equivalent of Liverpool vs Man United in the Champions League
[/b]
I'm sure teh mite wouldn't want to hear it but Saints have a wiff of the Everton/City about them. Fine tradition, great fanbase but a bit of a rollercoaster ride.
[/b][/quote]

How do you think I feel supporting both Saints and Man City. :mellow:

I'm expecting heart failure by 25.

How do you think I feel supporting both Saints and Man City. :mellow:

I'm expecting heart failure by 25.
[/b]

Good Lord! Your sporting life must make everything else seem like a joy.

England = England. One world cup in the past, players who play well for clubs but too often can't hack it on the international stage, clubs who don't have a lot of patience with the international setup.

Munster has a lot in common with Man Utd I think, past the shared colours. Intensity of support and worldwide recognition, exceptional level of interest in the club's heritage and mythology, the gloryhunters latching on, the amount of money made from merchandise.

Also think Wilkinson is more of a Michael Owen... peaked early, performed at a very high level then took a few too many injuries and is living in the shadow of his early career.

I would say Bath = Liverpool personally...

Loads of History but struggle to fire currently in the league but do well in Europe!!!

whos got the most unpredictable defence? they would definately be newcastle united

<div class='quotemain'> wilkinson = robben :p [/b]

More like Wilkinson = Michael Owen, always bloody injured.
[/b][/quote]

I read an interview in the Times with the two Newcastle number 9s...very good actually, about how they deal with the presure and the fame and of course the fitness battles. They are both pretty shy people who happen to be fantastic at what they do. They struck me as very similar sort of people.

whos got the most unpredictable defence? they would definately be newcastle united
[/b]

Along those lines:

Ian Balshaw = ***us Bramble

Always get picked when fit despite proving himself to be **** on numerous occasions.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

Along those lines:

Ian Balshaw = ***us Bramble

Always get picked when fit despite proving himself to be **** on numerous occasions.
[/b][/quote]

Would Martin Johnson be the Roy Keane?

Stade Francais = Chelsea

Both buying players left, right and center.
[/b]

Stade Français have changed, they are not buying that many players now days. More and more come from their academy: Montés, Weber, Kayser or are not star players when they come: Messina, Lacroix, Jeanjean, Mirco Bergamasco, Saubade.

I don't know which poofball team would the best correspond to Stade Français, I don't follow that much this sport. Regarding Chelsea the few things I know are that this club belongs to a Russian billionaire who has invested a lot of money in this club and that they have blue shirts.

Brisbane Broncos = Real Madrid.

Both have among the biggest names in their respective sport, but are doing **** all at the moment.

Latest posts