• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Your, you're, there, their, they're and other difficulties...

Your all a bunch of complainers, and you're all affectively bringing down this forum. I would of said something earlier rather then later, accept my team keeps loosing and it would of defeated the principal.

Your all a bunch of complainers, and you're all affectively bringing down this forum. I would of said something earlier rather then later, accept my team keeps loosing and it would of defeated the principal.
your being riducluous

to me misspelled words aren't a problem , most of my friends can barely read due to a lack of attention span during class and they frequently spell words incorrectly , However punctuation or lack thereof does tend to make a sentence barely readable , for example my friends and I text each other very often and I usually have to read over the text to understand the meaning . I do try my best to read often and to gather a greater vocabulary and i check over what i say and try to correct any punctuation and or grammar mistakes :)

but what really does annoy me is : TOO :TWO : TO .

People saying teh instead of the. WTF?

The word 'typo' comes to mind

I think we can attribute minor spelling errors, such as left out (additional) letters and letters in the wrong position as mere typos (don't know how the plural for typo goes, lol)
However punctuation and concord errors are unforgivable.

Last edited:
The word 'typo' comes to mind

I think we can attribute minor spelling errors, such as left out (additional) letters and letters in the wrong position as mere typos (don't know how the plural for typo goes, lol)
However punctuation and concord errors are unforgivable.

I understand a typo but I've seen quite often that all the ''the's'' in a post are teh's :)

As a matter of fact, concurrent to what we are taught in school commas are supposed to be used before the 'and' at the end of a list.

e.g"...blue, white, red, and green", instead of "...blue, white, red and green".

There is a long and complicated theory behind it which explains why it is not taught in primary/secondary education.

I actually remember learning that but was never told why so I ditched it outside of that class.

I think sometimes people post in haste, as they have other things to do and some of those slip ups occur. If in a reasonable length post they make a mistake like that a couple of times, it's really not that important.

I know the correct usage of all the above terms, but I can occasionally make a mistake due to haste. Particularly with there and their, but often as soon as I've posted it I'll go back in and edit it. Correct usage does mean a little to me, but I'm more worried about the high end offenders who post something like this.

"Are local game shop rekons the next rugby tietle will be owt in a munth or sow".

Latest posts