• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Zara Phillips - BBC Sports Personality

You know who I think should have been given the Sports Personality award?

Nigel Mansell. Every year. Forever.

:D

Woah Woah Woah There lora, i mean calzaghe was a good fighter, but joe louis barely cracks the top 50 of all time and some dont even have him in the top 70. The best boxer ever was Sugar Ray Robinson, hands down the best ever, calzaghe is good but he's not that good.
[/b]

Joe Louis not in the top 50? Come on. Rock Marciano was better than Robinson...and none of them can hold a candle to Ali. He is the Greatest of all time. It's almost a cliche now with him but I have to say it's true.

Joe Louis was fantastic, but was also quite human and fallible as Max Schmelling proved.

It was his superb ability to graft a victory and bounce back from shattering defeat that should earn him legendary status rather than any superhuman ability .

You'll find that its the sportsmen who graft like a coal miner that are the REAL greats than so called "legendary" sports players who have one momment of magic and then are average for the rest of their career.

Joe Louis was fantastic, but was also quite human and fallible.

It was his superb ability to graft a victory and bounce back from shattering defeat rather than any superhuman ability.

You'll find that its the sportsmen who graft like a coal miner that are the REAL greats than so called "legendary" sports players who have one momment of magic and then are average for the rest of their career.
[/b]

Top post...For me Ali had both, genius and tenacity.

<div class='quotemain'>
Joe Louis was fantastic, but was also quite human and fallible.

It was his superb ability to graft a victory and bounce back from shattering defeat rather than any superhuman ability.

[/b]

Top post...For me Ali had both, genius and tenacity.
[/b][/quote]

Definitely, Matthew Hoggard will always be a great for me too. He dosen't say anything, he dosen't spout endless streams of sh*te from his gob like McGrath, he just bowls and grafts hard.

And thats why he is a legend.

<div class='quotemain'>
Woah Woah Woah There lora, i mean calzaghe was a good fighter, but joe louis barely cracks the top 50 of all time and some dont even have him in the top 70. The best boxer ever was Sugar Ray Robinson, hands down the best ever, calzaghe is good but he's not that good.
[/b]

Joe Louis not in the top 50? Come on. Rock Marciano was better than Robinson...and none of them can hold a candle to Ali. He is the Greatest of all time. It's almost a cliche now with him but I have to say it's true.
[/b][/quote]

Robinson is better than Marciano not by much maybe Marci in a close 2nd or third, but i truley believe Sugar Ray Robinson is the best ever.

Robinson is better than Ali, Ali was good but i just find it hard to believe anyone can live up to Sugar Ray

Robinson fought in 202 total fights, which is almost 4 times as many as Ali!

Robinson registerd 108 KO's from his total 175 career wins, c'mon ali better than robinson?

Latest posts