• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

100m final

I reckon Usain Bolt should line up with Bryan Habana and that Cheetah that he raced. I reckon if Bolt gave the likes of Habana, Chavagna a 5m head start he'd still probably smoke them. I loved how he eased up in the heats in the last 15-20m and even in the final and I'm glad it wasn't some Maurice Greene big headed punk that won it.

I watched a programme the other night where Colin Jackson was researching why he was such a good athlete, was it genetics, training or where he grew up.[/b]
Yeah, I saw that as well.

Another interesting point they made was that it depends on the opportunity you're given while growing up. And opportunity depends a lot on the popularity of the sport and how obsessed kids get with it. Then they showed footage from a school athletics meet in Jamaica and it was like a Mardi Gras festival - huge amount of passion and support.

Might explain something about NZ's success in rugby as well. But then how do you explain Wales' patchy record?

I just hope that performance was achieved by legal means and we havent got another Ben Johnson on our hands.

Apparently the athletes who qualify among the fastest get tested constantly before the olympics start. Records are getting smashed left, right and center in all sports, so why the question this record?

Apparently the athletes who qualify among the fastest get tested constantly before the olympics start. Records are getting smashed left, right and center in all sports, so why the question this record?
[/b]
It's just one of those things that's constantly happening now because some athletes have been exposed and from now until forever people will just question any record being broken these days unfortunately. Plus there's always the case of the people doing the testing could also be corrupt so there's just no winning really you just gotta trust that it's real.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE("candybum")</div>
Its hard to tell if he's on drugs, because as GG said, he aint that bulky nor veiny. But for someone so tall who can and i believe can run faster! beat the WR with relative ease is insane! It was an awesome run by him. He doesnt have the best acceleration but his speed generated by his long legs and the fast movement is wowsers! lol[/b]

It's a myth that steroids and performance enhancers make you bulky. They just allow you to recover quicker which allows you to train more. If you want to train to get bulky you can if you want to train to be leaner you can.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE("steve-0")</div>
Apparently the athletes who qualify among the fastest get tested constantly before the olympics start. Records are getting smashed left, right and center in all sports, so why the question this record?[/b]

Because when you smash records that have only been surpassed by those on steroids the question must be asked. Especially in this day and age. It would be naive to think otherwise. I don't understand how any of you can take this at face value at all.

<div class='quotemain'> Apparently the athletes who qualify among the fastest get tested constantly before the olympics start. Records are getting smashed left, right and center in all sports, so why the question this record?
[/b]
It's just one of those things that's constantly happening now because some athletes have been exposed and from now until forever people will just question any record being broken these days unfortunately. Plus there's always the case of the people doing the testing could also be corrupt so there's just no winning really you just gotta trust that it's real. [/b][/quote]

Ahh im reminded of Carl Lewis and the US cover up conspiracy

I can certainly understand people being dubious about the performance of athletes and the credibility of drug testing given that Marion Jones was tested so much in and around th Sydney games yet no sign of a positive test but then we had her admission whatever number of years later. The onus is on federal authorities to crack down on these labs who are developing these undetectable performance enhancers and also to do something about the coaches and officials involved in training camps where athletes are failing tests.

As far as I'm concerned though I still think that the likes of Bolt are clean, I don't think it makes a huge difference that Jamaica have no drugs testing regime as international testers would still be hounding the likes of him on a regular basis possibly even moreso given that there is no regime in Jamaica.

Bolt's physique is quite different from the other runners, he looks in a class of his own.
The female Jamaican runners also got a 1,2 & uhm 2 finish in the 100m final.
Looks like Team Jamaica focuses alot of its resources on its' runners.

Just watched Usain Bolts 200m heat and he come in 2nd but he nearly looked as if he was falling asleep while running because he's so relaxed. The dudes 6'5 so his strides must be huge and I reckon this gives him a huge advantage straight away because the other shorter runners obviously have to do 1 and a half to his 1 strides.

If there was someone out there that was 7 foot and had the balance to run moderate speed he'd probably get rediculous times.

I just hope that performance was achieved by legal means and we havent got another Ben Johnson on our hands.
[/b]

Carl Lewis was a cheating ******* just like Johnson you know? Lewis got to keep his 8 golds and 1 silver which I call bullshit because Johnson was stripped of his gold.

Yeah that'll be hardcase he'd run around everyone but if someone like Alesana Tuilagi or Lesley Vainikolo ever got a hold of him they'd snap him like a twig lol.

Just watched Usain Bolts 200m heat and he come in 2nd but he nearly looked as if he was falling asleep while running because he's so relaxed.[/b]

I'm pretty sure he won his heat. He only tried for 3/4 of the race aswell, he was cruising at the 120m stage and jogging at the 180m stage. Insane! I think Johnsons records gonna go.

Bolt's physique is quite different from the other runners, he looks in a class of his own.
[/b]

well its cheap compared to say, cycling. and obviously, Jamaica aren't going to win any medals in the distance events just like the ethiopians won't win any sprints. makes sense for a small country to play to its strengths..

as for Maurice Greene I liked how animalistic he was on the start line.

I hope Bolt runs at full pace in the 200 metre final. Johnson's 200m world record of 19.32 is in my opinion the greatest athletics performance of all time, if Bolt went quicker he would be "greater" than Johnson at 21. Providing he's clean that is, which im sure he is.

Did anyone see his semi final run today, beside Sean Crawford the world champion he jogged alongside him for the last 80 metres and still bet him. Incredible.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

well its cheap compared to say, cycling.[/b][/quote]
Jamaica's gold in the women's 100m came from the physical opposite of Bolt - short and muscley with a Darkmanx ass.

Boris Johnson wrote in the papers today about how the "sit down" events - cycling, rowing, sailing, horse stuff - were the only ones Brits could win because they're so much more expensive to prepare for: poorer nations are excluded because they can't afford to compete.

Now he reckons lottery money is doing the trick at last for the "stand up" stuff, which seems to spread the exclusion to Britain's benefit. A medal in gymnastics - WTF! Not sure of the logic, but I'm not in favour of more state control.

Does Australia have a Boris Johnson? Because they need that kind of logic, the poor ********.

Latest posts