• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

1Kg rugby balls

C

canongia

Hello,

Any experiences with 1kg training rugby balls? Brands recomendations?

Luis

guessing you'd be talking about the heavy pass developing balls? We've got a 'Morgan Pass Developing Ball' at my club, which I think is made by Gilbert, there are others out there too if you look for them. They're very useful for aspiring Scrum Halves - if they can get a half decent pass with one of the heavy balls, then it'll improve their long range passing with normal balls. Not the best ball to play a game of touch with, we tried it once and there were god knows how many dropped passes, knock ons and general not being able to get the ball to the next man.

i actually have a heavier one that i made filling an old one , it is around 3kg. it is really useful to train. but just to train the range of passes

sorry about my english, im new on this

The club I play with has a couple weighted Gilbert balls (same one Thingimubob was talking about) that we use in practice. They work pretty well if you practice with them enough, but can hurt if your not paying attention to an oncoming pass.

What I don't get, is how you cut the balls up, fill em up with sand and close it back up.

Hod do you do that?

Latest posts