• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

1st TEST: South Africa v Lions

If you ask me Ferris and Flannery were test Certs, O'Leary and Shanklin would have been in the 22.

I have a funny feeling (or maybe fermented hops gives me this funny feeling?), and these funny feelings are often correct. I reckon the Boks will come out firing furiously and whallop the Lions 38-12, first systematically destroying them in the set pieces (maybe not the scrum) and then exploiting through the backs towards the end of the game.

38-12. Remember it!

We had four scrums where Adam Jones was up against The Beast. Three times we had the advantage, one where we shoved their scrum back.

The other time SA were awarded a free kick for early engagement.

Also, Roberts was still wreaking havoc everywhere and everytime, even after Fourie came on. He wrong-footed him in the phase before Croft's try, gaining a couple of valuable metres.

Can't see SA having the same advantage up front next week, and I still expect the centres to dominate. Lions victory for me.

JUST AVOID MAULS AT ALL COSTS.

Also, Byrne had a bad game, but that was a result of the beating we received up front, which allowed Pienaar and Steyn to be given excellent ball, which allowed them to kick the ball perfectly into awkward positions for Byrne, which resulted in poor returns from Byrne due to the awkwards positions.

Pour conclure, sort the f***ing problem out up front and he should be fine.

Mauls would be fine if we consider putting more then only 2 people in the bloody thing in attempting to stop them...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Jun 22 2009, 04:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Also, Byrne had a bad game, but that was a result of the beating we received up front[/b]

Ahhh I dont know if you can pull that one out. He didnt have that bad a game but his problems were pretty much self inflicted. Same for Monye.

The main problems for Byrne were his failure to come into the line, and his aimless kicking. He'll be alright for the next test I hope but I dont think he can point to the pack.

And they did put more than 2 people into the mauls ...... just not more than 2 at the same time ............. oh yeah you have a point.

If anybody uses TRF to link to any forms of illegally downloading anything, be it test matches or other media, they will receive an instant ban.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Jun 22 2009, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If anybody uses TRF to link to any forms of illegally downloading anything, be it test matches or other media, they will receive an instant ban.[/b]

That's not the appropriate manner to welcome new members Mr Admin. :huh:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Jun 23 2009, 03:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Mauls would be fine if we consider putting more then only 2 people in the bloody thing in attempting to stop them...[/b]
The interrupted maul SA scored off was a thing of beauty. But the next time they tried it on the opposite side of the pitch it was taken down straight away. Lions had it figured.

P Divvy's justification for picking Januarie
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
I'm not concerned about Ricky's form. Look, if you go to a black mechanic and he doesn't fix your car, you don't go back. If you go to a white mechanic and he doesn't fix your car, you go back and make sure he fixes the problem. What I am saying is give Ricky a chance.[/b]
:euh:
This man is a clown.

Oh, Jesus Christ...
facepalm.gif

I wouldn't blame the Boks fans to start cheering the Lions after a comment like that. Way to undo 15 years work...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Jun 22 2009, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Also, Roberts was still wreaking havoc everywhere and everytime, even after Fourie came on. He wrong-footed him in the phase before Croft's try, gaining a couple of valuable metres.[/b]

Thing is Jacobs was moved to 12 and Fourie replaced JdV. Jacobs was such a liability that whole game, and I have no idea why he stayed on...
ad9610abbf084e2ca7d57ef28bdf987f.jpg

Oh ya, nevermind.

Latest posts