Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Vodacom Western Province

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Xerox Lions

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pumas need some love. Plus, they have a exotic name. You don't f**k with a puma.

Western Provence! I think this pretty much se3als the deal for me - The Province Springboks (Schalk Burger, Andries Bekker, Ricky January, Juan de Jongh, Jean de Villiers, Jaque Fourie, Bryan Habana and Gio Aplon) will only be available for selection for a possible Currie Cup semi final.

Western Provence! I think this pretty much se3als the deal for me - The Province Springboks (Schalk Burger, Andries Bekker, Ricky January, Juan de Jongh, Jean de Villiers, Jaque Fourie, Bryan Habana and Gio Aplon) will only be available for selection for a possible Currie Cup semi final.

Okay, able to make a much more definitive list.

WP will get back-

F. Louw
G. Aplon
J. de Jongh
(Apparently Januarie is still with the Boks)

Bulls-
D. Potgeiter
F. Hougaard
F. van de Merwe
Chilliboy
and possibly Kirchner

Sharks-
Beast
Kankowski
Pienaar

Lions-
lol

Last edited:
I love watching the Griquas play, my favorite team after WeePee

My semi predictions:

Sharks vs Cheetahs
WP vs Griquas/Bulls

WP beating the Cheetahs/Bulls in the Final.

Or we'll just see another repeat of history and follow the familiar trend of Bulls vs Cheetahs final.

but then again...

PROOOOOOOOOOVINCE PROOOOOOOOVIIIIIIIINCE DIE CURRIE CUP KOM WEER!

The Boks getting rested is awesome news! Not just for the Springboks who have looked well off the pace recently in the Trinations but for the non-Bull unions in the Currie cup. WP won't miss Januarie and are very capable of doing the business without Habana, Fourie, Burger and Bekker although they are key figures.

I agree that WP and Natal will fight for top spot with the Cheetahs in 3rd spot and either the Bulls or Griquas in 4rth. No Fourie du Preez means the other unions have a chance even if the Bulls sneak into the play-offs like last year. PPPPPPROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVINCE!!! Hier kom die Currie cup! And about time..

Wikus Blaauw
Tiaan Liebenberg
Brok Harris
Adriaan Fondse
Anton van Zyl
Pieter Louw
Francois Louw
Duane Vermeulen

Conrad Hoffman / Dewald Duvenhage
Lionel Cronje / Willem de Waal
JJ Engelbrecht
Paul Boch
Juan de Jongh
Gio Aplon
Conrad Jantjes

vs

Pat Cilliers / Beast
Craig Burden
Wiehan Herbst
Steven Sykes / Ros Skeate
Allistair Hargreaves
Jacques Botes
Jean Deysel
Keegen Daniel / Willem Alberts / Kankowski

Rory Kockott
Ruan Pienaar / Steve Meyer
Lwazi Mvovo
Pat Lambie
Stefan Terblanche
Lionel Mapoe
Louis Ludik or however your backline is going to line-up

its going to be a cracking final!!

I would love to see Griquas make it through to the final. Although I am a huge Sharks-fan I have had a weak spot for those diamond snatchers ;) Especially Bjorn Basson is a player I admire.

Agreed, if the Sharks don't win the CC this year, I would love to see Griquas win it, although they have a good team they are still relative underdogs.
It was a pity the Lions lost this weekend.

WP have a very tough line-up this month, playing all the top teams, not sure the order but this is the line-up
Griquas, Bulls, Sharks and then Cheetahs at the start of round 2.

However, I see WP getting at least 3 wins in that lot, which would put them in good stead for the final phases.

Ah yes, the Bulls have also lost Deon Stegmann for a few weeks.
Pienaar will leave for Ulster on Sept 4, so probably will only play from the bench for the Sharks

Deysel has been ruled out for 6-8 weeks with a knee cruciate injury.

And Province look scary, and the Griquas are starting to look past it.

The loss of Deysel is a massive blow to the Sharks but by the end (in the play-offs) we'll have Kankowski to replace him who's coming back from the Tri-Nations. Together with Alberts and Daniel he will form an amazing backline.

months?! That is horrible! An injury like that always makes me hope the player can recover to get back at his level. Deysel is an amazing talent. The most painful part is that the injury was caused by his own teammate McLeod.

Zane Kirchner and Dewald Potgeiter have been released to play this weekend for the Bulls

Whilst Beast and Bismarck have been released for the Sharks.

Those are all the released players.

And the Sharks have lost their case over Mapoe, he will have to go back to Bloem, but I can't see him re-intergrating there, the atmosphere would be pretty hostile IMO

Province are definitely the team to beat at the moment, though the game next week against the Sharks will be their toughest match yet(after the Bulls, but they already beat them today...).It's still very early in the season but one can almost imagine that the game next week between these two teams will be the start of the 2 part dress rehearsal for the final of this Currie Cup season!

Province are definitely the team to beat at the moment, though the game next week against the Sharks will be their toughest match yet(after the Bulls, but they already beat them today...).It's still very early in the season but one can almost imagine that the game next week between these two teams will be the start of the 2 part dress rehearsal for the final of this Currie Cup season!

Agree with the last point, the question is, will this be the perfect build-up? (In Durban that is)

The final is still months away. This will be the first test for both. Although the Sharks lost to the Griquas they've been at top form. Craig Burden, Keegan Daniel, Willem Alberts, Lwazi Mvovo and Stefan Terblanche have been amazing throughout the Currie Cup season so far. This will give a good indication of what we can expect in the play-offs but anything can happen in the weeks before the final. If Aplon and Duvenhage miss the final for what reason it will be a totally different ball game. Same goes for the Sharks missing Mvovo of Terblanche

Im going for Western Province I bumped into an interesting article on them and then was surprised to find out that they're currently undefeated in the Currie cup. Does anyone know how I can catch some of their latest games?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts