Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Vodacom Western Province

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Xerox Lions

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will you be able to download games or do you have a cap on your connection? I have almost all of their games this Currie Cup so far so just send me a PM and I will let you know. It's not allowed to post that on the forum itself

Oh ok and yeah I do have a cap on my connection. Oh its ok ill try and find a way to catch their games thanks anyway.

If you want I can upload them and you can download them whenever you want (Maybe at work where you don't have a cap hehe)

Nah its ok Im fairly new to computers and the one I use is not even mine. Im too scared to do anything else other than type in forums lol. No thanks very much Eze I'll find a way to catch at least one of their games. GO WESTERN PROVINCE!!!

No problem. Their match against Griquas was a real demonstration of top rugby scoring almost 40 points in 20 minutes.

Well... Sharks beating WP proving they are still human ;) Sharks at the top of the log now and improving still. After losing F. Steyn, Pienaar and Muller they just went on winning using talents like Lambie, Mvovo, Alberts, Deysel, Burden and Hargreaves. Also Daniel (always called Daniels by that moron Andy Capostagno) has had a great CC season so far.

The way things are looking now Sharks and WP will go into the play-offs as nr. 1 and 2 and probably making it to the final.

Enjoyed the game, apart some twatish WP supporters who were chain smoking

Good news is that Louis Ludiks injury was only concussion.
Also good to see that the u21s thrashed their WP counterparts 41-14, with WP scoring a last minute try to make the score look 'respectable'

Bad news is that the Sharks stand the chance of losing the on form players to the Aussie tests, which would be a big blow as I felt Beast and Bismarck had massive games, along with Alberts.

Anyways, all is looking good for a Sharks supporter going into the second round.
Interesting to see that the last league fixture is Sharks vs. WP at Newlands.

Next week Griquas! The way things look now we will lose Kankowski to the Boks for the Tri-Nations test. It's a pity Deysel is injured. I figure Daniel will play at the 8 position and maybe Michael Rhodes moves up to play at 6 with Albers at 7.

Nothing to worry about. Griquas at home should be at least 4 tries. Mvovo is on form, Lambie and especially Terblanche are outstanding so far. I hope Swanepoel will play in stead of Strauss and it's good to hear Ludik only has a concussion

Made a small preview for you guys, warming you up for next weekend's matches:

The 8th round is up next week. We will start all over again with the round 1 returns:

On friday there's 3 matches because of the Boks playing in the Tri-Nations on saturday. The Xerox Lions are taking on the Platinum Leopards. The frist match back in july ended in a 5-try win for the Lions at the Royal Bafokeng Stadium. Jano Vermaak scored 2. The Leopards ended with 14 man after a 75th minute yellow card for Swanepoel giving Taute the chance to score the final try in the dying seconds of the game. This time at Ellis Park the Lions are looking for another win which shouldn't be a problem.

The Natal Sharks are inviting the only team able to beat them in the Currie Cup so far, the GWK Griquas. Although the Sharks lost in Kimberley 40-34, they did manage to end up with 2 bonus points, 1 for scoring 4 tries and 1 for finishing within 7 points of Griquas. Bjorn Basson was on form scoring 2 tries and for the Sharks the revelation was Lwazi 'Twinkletoes' Mvovo who was litterally dancing across the field. Botes got a yellow card. It was an amazing match with a total of 10 tries, 5 each. Who will win this time? Sharks are at the top of the log for the first time since the Currie Cup started. Griquas have a good chance of making the play-offs.

In Witbank, where the Springboks played Italy as a Tri-Nations warm-up, the Barloworld Toyota Pumas are hosting a party and the guests are from Pretoria. The Blue Bulls are disappointing so far and many people blame the number of call ups for the Springbok-side. Even so the Blue Bulls have a team that can beat anyone, even without Matfield, Bakkies, du Preez, Habana (who moved to WP), Kirchner, Hougaard and Steenkamp. John Mametsa was the Pumas main cause of concern i the first match scoring 2 tries and keeping 3 man busy most of the time. Other tries (a total of 6) were scored by Watermeyer, Greyling, Dippenaar and Stegmann.

Finally we take a look at the only game played on saturday. At Newlands the Western Province will invite the Cheetahs over for coffee, watching the Tri-Nations match between the Boks and the Aussies who play at Loftus. Afterwards they will play a nice game of rugby themselfs. The guys from WP will be disappointed having lost their spot at the top of the log last weekend and will want to win by 4 tries to keep up with the Sharks. In the first round in Bloemfontein WP only managed to score 1 try which is basically the reason why WP are still in second place. They do not score enough tries to get bonuspoints. Back in Bloem the only try for WP was scored by Adriaan Fondse but Willem de Waal managed to score 6 penalties raising the score to 25 for WP against 11 for the Cheetahs. The spotted cats had Tewis de Bruyn scoring a try after half an hour. Missing players such as Aplon, de Jongh, Bekker, Jaque Fourie, Burger and Habana through injury, suspention or call ups they will have to rely on names such as Duvenhage, Louw, Fondse and the earlier mentioned Willem de Waal.

Aaaarghh!!!!

I was nearly finished typing out a very long post regarding yesterdays action, before Windows rebooted for updates without warning. So I will now make a short one
Results

Pumas 22-21 Bulls
Pumas shocked the Bulls with a solid performance.

WP24-29 Cheetahs
Cheetahs played an excellent second half

Sharks 48-30 Griquas
Wasn't able to attend the game due to flu, and as it was not televised, I cannot say much about the game. Bjorn Basson scored 4 tries.

Log
35- Sharks
28- WP
24- Cheetahs
24- Bulls
23- Griquas

The Bulls supporters should be really concerned, as not only are they losing to 'lesser' opossition, but one of their props, Bees Roux, murdered a cop early Friday morning.
The Griquas must up their game if they wish to take the Bulls spot.
Prrooovvviiinnnccce has prrrooobbbllleeemmmsss

Sharks are 7 points clear at the top, and 3 bonus point wins wins should see them top the log

Sharks!!! WOOHOO!! Terblanche another try, Lambie on great kicking form. Too bad I couldn't see any of it. 9 tries in one match, just like in Kimberley the first round. We lost by 6 points then, we win by 18 now. Blue Bulls losing, Cheetahs in 3rd place and WP lost second time in a row. Weird...

I actually saw the Pumas -Bulls game. Great game but I reckon the Bulls lost as all their internationals were on duty.

I actually saw the Pumas -Bulls game. Great game but I reckon the Bulls lost as all their internationals were on duty.

Sorry to say but that is no excuse. The Bulls should be able to beat the Pumas with their second team no problem. Other teams also lose out on players.

WP has been without Fourie, Aplon, JdV, Juan de Jongh, Habana, Burger and Bekker most of the season and still they rap up the wins (except these last 2 matches).
Sharks have been without Pietersen, Kankowski, Pienaar, Smit, Bismarck and Jannie du Plessis

It just depends on how strong your backup squad is and apparently the Bulls have 15 top class players and nothing to replace them.

Vrystaat looking good. Very good for once...

Downloaded the match and watching Pumas - Blue Bulls now. Amazing how they give away that second try. A simple dummy by Watts that fooled everyone. It's lucky for the Bulls the first 2 conversions ended on the post which saved them 4 points but they still lost

They still had Zane Kirchner, Dewald Potgeiter and Wynand Olivier.
Whilst they left their 1st choice (while Morne is away) flyhalf on the bench

Well, I still have to watch much more SA rugby before I know all the teams and players ;-)

This weekend will be the 9th round in this years Currie Cup. The Natal Sharks are 7 points loose after grabbing a four-try win against the Griquas while runner-up Western Province lost to the Cheetahs at Newlands.

The Sharks have only lost the season-opener against that same Griquas-side while WP has lost for the second time in a row after winning the first 6. We have some very nice matches ahead of us with the Natal Sharks going on a trip to Pretoria to snatch a win at Loftus. The Blue Bulls will be the opponent who will be eager to snatch a win after their horrible display of rugby last week when the Pumas snatched a win by 1 point.

Meanwhile the guys from the Cape will take a plane to Joburg to take on the Lions at Ellis Park. The WP team is the youngest in a while now that Aplon, Fourie, de Villiers, de Jongh and Bekker are not playing. This will definitely opens up chances for the Lions who are trying to grab hold of their last chance to make it to the play-offs so early in the season.

In Potchefstroom the Pumas are expected to secure their second win in a row when taking on the Platinum Leopards. Thee 2 teams who are destined to fight the relegationt his year have nothing more than pride at stake.

The last match of this weekend is being played in Kimberley. After his 4 tries against the Natal Sharks, Bjorn Basson is trying to continue his good form taking on their Super Rugby allies, the Cheetahs. Missing CJ van der Linde and Juan Smith will make a big difference at GWK Park.

All in all it promises to be another amazing Currie Cup weekend! Sharks-Bulls, Lions-WP and Griquas-Cheetahs... I can't wait

(PS: Let me know if you guys enjoy these pieces. I am trying to write them weekly and make them more detailed as I go along.)

Will nee to skip this weekend games as I'm out but I'm looking forward to your summary.

The pieces are nice to read, but if you really want to go into a little more detail try add in a little 'topic of the match' or 'key battle between player X vs player Y

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts