• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2011 Ticket shortage

D

danny

The 2011 World cup final will be played out in Front of the smallest crowd since 1987. With a capacity of 60,000 Eden Park will be all seater and half of the tickets have already been allocated to Rugby World Cup Ltd for commercial use. 30,000 tickets for the real fans. This is a step backwards for the game and a big reason why the WC should have gone to Japan

No offence to our new zealand friends as I'm sure it will be a lovely world cup, but just don't -get- hosting the next world cup in new zealand with all this rubbish going on, I know people are wining about NZ not needing any more exposure to rugby but that's not too much of a problem for me, I would like SA to hold it again and we surely don't need any more exposure.

I'm just worried that NZ seems to have 1 stadium that will be arround 60 000 capacity, which is what a lot of countries average per stadium these days, and most of them will only hold arround 30 000 spectators. I think it would have been great to see Japan host it this year and by 2015 NZ would probably have some awesome stadia.

Meh, I'm sure it'll be fine, its more frustration that Japan had a far better bid. Soccer wasn't exactly huge (especially when you compare it with Baseball) in Japan or Korea and they put in an absolutely superb World Cup for football.

However, whats done is done and New Zealand will put on at least a vaguely decent contest.

It should have gone to Japan for the very reasons Danny has stated. Most Kiwis kid themselves when talking about how we deserve to host it and what not, but we don't. We are good Rugby nation which doesn't qualify us to stage such a huge event, although this seems to have been the determining factor.

Japan should have had it, bigger stadiums, and would bring some much needed rugby exposure to the world. NZ does seem to me like a step backwards I'm sorry to say.

Slowly, our opinions seem to be swapping. By 2011, I'll be staunchly in favour of New Zealand hosting it and you'll be violently opposed to it to the point of mounting a gurilla campaign against it!

Yeah, it just amazes me how we get given an event of this magnitude which we firstly don't deserve to hold imo, and we than go and opt out for the bare minimum. ie, we chuck in a few new dinky patch work stands to get the capacity up to 60,000 (minimum for a final). This is only showing a greater inability to host this event.

We should rip down North Harbour stadium and throw in a brand new 100,000+ stadium complete with roof. We should also put another "layer" on top Westpac to bring it up to around 65,000. And AMI should be done up completely (a full ring in the shape of the new west stand) and that horrid Hadlee stand should go.

At least with some decent stadiums it will look better on our behalf.

yeah we really do have some pathetic stadiums compared to the other countries, seems like those American college football stadiums are bigger than ours!

yeah i would hate for this debate to come around again.

imo japan shouldnt have got it, but neither should we or sa got it. give it to argintina. and come 2015 i want not a single sole to support anyone but canada, usa, japan, georga or romania (ie the emerging teams). if you do i will hunt you down, with every single pro japan, anti nz post you have ever made and throw it at you.

Yeah, nations where rugby is a major sport already shouldn't host for the next 5 WC's atleast. It's self indulging and anti-rugby growth. NZ first wanted only 16 teams next WC, and now it's this unacceptable issue. That's the only way i can describe it, unacceptable.

yeah i would hate for this debate to come around again.

imo japan shouldnt have got it, but neither should we or sa got it. give it to argintina. and come 2015 i want not a single sole to support anyone but canada, usa, japan, georga or romania (ie the emerging teams). if you do i will hunt you down, with every single pro japan, anti nz post you have ever made and throw it at you. [/b]

Why? Japan had a superb bid and, unlike Argentina, are a Tier 2 nation. You want to know the reason why Argentina didn't get it? They didn't submit a bid so they couldn't participate in the entire rigged farce of a process for selecting a bid.

Japan was the best bid. It just was. End of story.

Well seeing how the management of most of our National Rugby Boards and the IRB manage have a knack of cocking things up, we should be thankful we have a world cup at all !!!

<div class='quotemain'> yeah i would hate for this debate to come around again.

imo japan shouldnt have got it, but neither should we or sa got it. give it to argintina. and come 2015 i want not a single sole to support anyone but canada, usa, japan, georga or romania (ie the emerging teams). if you do i will hunt you down, with every single pro japan, anti nz post you have ever made and throw it at you. [/b]

Why? Japan had a superb bid and, unlike Argentina, are a Tier 2 nation. You want to know the reason why Argentina didn't get it? They didn't submit a bid so they couldn't participate in the entire rigged farce of a process for selecting a bid.

Japan was the best bid. It just was. End of story.
[/b][/quote]

yeah but what would prove argentinas reputation against the big guns, moreso than 3rd at the world cup? winning the bloody thing in thier own country. they arnt exactly a top tier nation untill the irb gets them into a comp. even if they are the 3rd best in the world if you know what i mean.

Latest posts