• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2013/13 Premiership] Round 17

Saints doing well so far.

Sale beating them 19-3 HT with 3 tries scored.

Is this all because Myler was pulled out last min? Also the 2 YC wont help will they.

Sinckler doing well so far!
I genuinely think he could be in with a chance to tour.

So Sale get the win and Saints get nothing.

Now if Irish can do that to bath and Tigers win tomorrow I will be very happy.

Sinckler is absolutely monstering Vunipola in the scrum.

Mako just has nowhere to go.

Great to see another TH stick his hand up.

Still don't get why quins haven't got there England players starting. It not as if they have the HC aswell in 2 weeks.

As good a player as Kennedy is... he is just not the sort of lock Quins need, he's very similar to Robson when they need someone more like Kohn.

Sinckler is absolutely monstering Vunipola in the scrum.

Mako just has nowhere to go.

Yep very very good ! Unusual for such a young guy to be so good in the scrum . Looking forward to seeing him tested against an older head or a really powerful LH like Corbisiero

Oh look. With 5 games left to go, Gloucester finally show up. 37-14 vs. Newcastle so far, apparently going really well in the scrum too. Immediate response from the Trevor Woodman signing? Just hoping that the defence can also be tightened.

Oh look. With 5 games left to go, Gloucester finally show up. 37-14 vs. Newcastle so far, apparently going really well in the scrum too. Immediate response from the Trevor Woodman signing? Just hoping that the defence can also be tightened.

Could be to do with playing 1 of the basement teams to be fair . Jonny May came on at 58 mins and scored a try on 59 lol

Could be to do with playing 1 of the basement teams to be fair . Jonny May came on at 58 mins and scored a try on 59 lol
Yeah but Gloucester are themselves a basement team too. It just sounds much better than in previous weeks.

That said, Glos have conceded 3 tries in the last 10 minutes since all of the changes. Surprising, given how talented the replacements are supposed to be.

Yeah but Gloucester are themselves a basement team too. It just sounds much better than in previous weeks.

That said, Glos have conceded 3 tries in the last 10 minutes since all of the changes. Surprising, given how talented the replacements are supposed to be.

Although Gloucester are close to the bottom they aren't a basement team . Just dead out of form . Scrum had been poor and a really good back line misfiring

Sinckler was a very dominant scrummager in the u20's so I expect him to be one in the seniors when he matures.

I expect to see Burger cited for his tackle on Fa'asavalu... just as bad as tip tackles IMO - potentially career threatening technique.

Also you can say that Gloucester were great, 5 tries, BP win etc. but they still leaked 33pts/5 tries at home vs Newcastle (a third of all their tries this season), so it's not exactly a polished performance.

Yeah... I said what I said when we were 37-14 up. Clearly the last 15 minutes didn't do much for me... :p

But it's at least encouraging that Davies has a plan, and is making some changes, in regards to key worries such as defence and set piece, and wider worries e.g. internal structures. Has said that he's gone into depth back to 2008 in order to isolate what is holding Gloucester back. Seems like he is completing a total overhaul of the club, which is exactly the kind of news that Glos needs I think. Hopefully this will allow for some big immediate improvements, whilst also setting up the structures for long-term success.

Sinckler was a very dominant scrummager in the u20's so I expect him to be one in the seniors when he matures.
I said before I was scared of their front row and jesus is sinkler good. I was amazed at Stevens when he came on aswell and showed marler up a couple of times.

I expect to see Burger cited for his tackle on Fa'asavalu... just as bad as tip tackles IMO - potentially career threatening technique.
I thought the ref had a bloody shocker. Burger should have gone too the bin for the late tackle, kennedy could have for his swinging arm on Borthwick and wigglesworth should have gone for his arm on Marler. I just think in general his refereeing was bloody poor and players where holding on for ages and nothing given. I found it quite annoying :ranting:

Eastmond already proving why he should be picked ahead of 36 has some serious wheels on him and doesn't look like he's going to fall over everytime he changes direction lol

Anyway about the match Saracens were the better team, Quins didn't look like scoring all too often when they went wide with the ball. Ashton and Farrell both intercepted well for their tries and Quins made it far too easy for Saracens blitz defence as all their passes where loopy and slow. Quins in the summer need to try and sign a physical player for the pack and backline, as they can't punch holes in the defence and they just go side to side. For about a 10 minute period Saracens players where just lining up players to just smash them and just gained ground in each collision. Quins most potent attacking weapon was there maul on which they got two tries from. Score line does tell the story and Saracens were to fit and physical for Quins to handle for long periods.

Latest posts