• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2013/13 Premiership] Round 17

I agree there. Been a fan of Williams for a bit now, but he isn't ready yet. I'd consider him and Patchell as the next young standoffs to consider down the line. If Freddie is as dire next season as he has been so far, Owen could see more solid game time. Maybe a year too soon for 2015 though.

I don't think he should be running a test match now, just though SA had mid week games where he could maybe be on the bench.

TBH Williams has started 3 games on the trot now and looks like he will be starting against Saints and Clermont away, if he does he will be ahead of Freddie next season.

I thought neither was a yellow but some refs have decided that one handed = deliberate which is why some teams (eg tigers v newcastle 2 weeks ago) get players binned for any failed interception.

Refs need to sort that **** out.

Anyway a great result made entirely from first half dominance. Chiefs turned up far too late.

One point of order - Tom Youngs 10/10 on lineouts, including a good few long ones and one to the back end that made the 4th try. Not that people who only watch tests will notice that it's the partnership of thrower to jumper that counts.

It's clearly the throwers fault if the throw is not straight or massively too long - and these have been some of his issues for England.
Surely you're not suggesting Youngs was anything but poor in the six nations appearances he put in?

BT mentioned that Nowell injured his shoulder early on in the game, hence him going off at half time.
Saying he's chicken with big runners going at him is just utterly idiotic. Have you never seen him play before?
I hope the All Blacks do take notice, because if they run down his channel all game then they'll be getting no where, he's the best defender in the back three, only 2nd to Farrell in the backs all told.
France, Scotland and Ireland tried to target the wee little 20yr old and sent their number 8s running at him in the first halves of those games in the 6 Nations - they soon changed when he chopped down Picamoles/Denton/Heaslip every time.
Savea will be down his channel, lets not forget he missed a poor tackle on North in the six nations!!

Savea will be down his channel, lets not forget he missed a poor tackle on North in the six nations!!

He's 5 caps deep and everyone misses 1up tackles on occasion...north was how many caps and got turned inside out by a 1 cap player in Folau.

Look what Savea did to France in November chances are at some point he'll stand up even the best defender the thing is to get your systems right, trust them and it shouldn't come down to one on ones.

BT mentioned that Nowell injured his shoulder early on in the game, hence him going off at half time.
Saying he's chicken with big runners going at him is just utterly idiotic. Have you never seen him play before?
I hope the All Blacks do take notice, because if they run down his channel all game then they'll be getting no where, he's the best defender in the back three, only 2nd to Farrell in the backs all told.
France, Scotland and Ireland tried to target the wee little 20yr old and sent their number 8s running at him in the first halves of those games in the 6 Nations - they soon changed when he chopped down Picamoles/Denton/Heaslip every time.

Mostly this... he's good, he's not perfect though.

Savea and North are both freaks of nature and everyone is going to miss tackles against them. The best thing England can do is use the line speed that has made us the team we are so that the ball doesn't get to the wings. This means Savea has to come inside looking for the ball and he is then met with Lawes and Launchbury and they send him back 2 meters everytime.

Latest posts