• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2013/13 Premiership] Round 6

Apparently Hoppers defence isn't great atm either - they won't look forward to Sam and Jonny running down their channels all afternoon

Baths line out is a mess tonight. I withdraw my previous comments about Attwood being an inflatable line out boss.

Really? Charge down wasn't exactly a moment of glory but his kicking from hand has been great.

Really? Charge down wasn't exactly a moment of glory but his kicking from hand has been great.
His kicking from hand was abysmal. Did you watch from the start, because there were about 4-5 kicks where he either put it out on the full, kicked beyond the dead ball line (taking play back for a scrum), or too long into the dead ball zone. For every kick he nailed, he had a really, really poor one. Other than that, he also had a pretty bad night from the kicking tee.

Bath won by 3 points, but the Harden penalty + yellow card is amongst the most ridiculous decisions on a rugby field. He competed fairly for the ball and got a yellow for it. I can't complain because Bath deserved the win, but Barnes was terrible tonight, and not only with that decision.

Harden and Dawidiuk were the worst players on the field. I would be surprised if they win contracts at Glos for next year.

EDIT: Another game lost in the scrum.

Last edited:
Baths line out is a mess tonight. I withdraw my previous comments about Attwood being an inflatable line out boss.

He's good, Webber has been the issue so far.
The throws were going wrong so Dave tightened it up and took the ball at the front pretty much every time.
Problem (pretty much) solved.

I thought all the EPS guys had a good game TBH.

Bit of a wierd game though, Ford alternated between putting the team in the right place and squandering possession.

Last edited:
Shame to hear about the lineout problems, considering how much I want Attwood/Webber in the England squad. Hopefully rustiness due to lack of gametime...

Shame to hear about the lineout problems, considering how much I want Attwood/Webber in the England squad. Hopefully rustiness due to lack of gametime...

No doubt didn't help.
Webber has been fine this season with Attwood jumping, but pretty poor (as tonight) when he hasn't.
Today he was poor throughout, it sorted itself out - but Attwood had to take the ball at the front every time to do so.

Apparently Hoppers defence isn't great atm either - they won't look forward to Sam and Jonny running down their channels all afternoon

You mean it ever has been great?

That Quins bench resembles a nursery.

You mean it ever has been great?

That Quins bench resembles a nursery.

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, as I can't remember having an opinion on it before and the Quins forum were particularly unhappy with it last game :p

I've never watched Hopper and been impressed by his defence. He looks great when he goes shooting up and destroys someone but he misses too much.

Sounds a bit like Sam Tuitupou,to be fair - though he also makes a huge amount of normal tackles too (think last season he finished, for backs, as the most missed tackles but also the top few for tackles made)
Also when you do tackles like this, the sight of you rushing up puts a lot of pressure on the smaller guys, causing them to f**k up

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, Hopper just misses too many ordinary tackles. I think its part of the reason he commits to the rush so often, he doesn't really trust himself to get them if he stands off and lets get some steam going.

Lovely, BT showing the Sarries - Saints game on the free. That's something to watch in the afternoon! I do miss watching the premiership since BT got it, I must admit.

Saints giving Sarries a bit of a hammering and the penalty machine that is Stevens rolls on!!

Last edited:
Stevens really annoys me. How he can be considered an International or even a Lion is totally beyond me. That and he's currently in the physical shape of Jabba the Hutt

Latest posts