• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2013/14 HEC] Pool 5, Round 1

Really looking forward to this match. I expect a great atmosphere in Belfast.

Great to see Miles Benjamin back! Hopefully not too rusty seeing as he's been out for about 15months!

Excellent match to kick start the best club rugby in the world, just wish it was at bloody 3am:mad:

Is that Ulster bench particularly better than Leicesters? I wouldn't say so.

Well, lets see... we've the best scrum-half in the NH, the next Stevie Ferris (only bigger) in Iain Henderson, the man who should be widely recognised this season as the best inside centre in Ireland in Stuart Olding and the form winger in the Pro12 in Mike Allen.

Versus....?

Thomas the Tank? A Waratahs second-choice in Hepetema? ex-Scarlet Owen Williams? A middling French scrum-half in a nation crying out for a decent scrum-half? Kitchener?

Decent players all, but Pienaar is world class. Henderson will be lauded as world class before the season is out and Stuart Olding (not Luke Marshall) will replace D'Arcy at 12 for Ireland by RWC2015.

Bit bold calling pienaar the best 9 in the nh considering how terribly he played for the boks all through the rugby championship.

Well, lets see... we've the best scrum-half in the NH, the next Stevie Ferris (only bigger) in Iain Henderson, the man who should be widely recognised this season as the best inside centre in Ireland in Stuart Olding and the form winger in the Pro12 in Mike Allen.

Versus....?

Thomas the Tank? A Waratahs second-choice in Hepetema? ex-Scarlet Owen Williams? A middling French scrum-half in a nation crying out for a decent scrum-half? Kitchener?

Decent players all, but Pienaar is world class. Henderson will be lauded as world class before the season is out and Stuart Olding (not Luke Marshall) will replace D'Arcy at 12 for Ireland by RWC2015.

Some very big claims there I hope the Ulster boys you've backed put in the performances to justify them.

I think it will be interesting to see if the Italian pool factor is as important this year. In previous years, we would be wondering who would get the high second in this group. But this year, theres more of a feeling that Treviso can avoid those bonus point losses. It'll be an interesting game with MP!

Bit bold calling pienaar the best 9 in the nh considering how terribly he played for the boks all through the rugby championship.

So the boks finished 2nd despite him then?

What'd he do? Delay Morne putting the ball into orbit?

I think it will be interesting to see if the Italian pool factor is as important this year. In previous years, we would be wondering who would get the high second in this group. But this year, theres more of a feeling that Treviso can avoid those bonus point losses. It'll be an interesting game with MP!

Treviso in Italy can win. Make no mistake on that.

Treviso in Italy can win. Make no mistake on that.

I agree.

Although there is something about the Heineken cup that brings huge performances from teams and Treviso are yet to show that they are able to raise their game. They have the team and experience to do it now. There will be an upset somewhere down the line, thats for sure!

Isn't Matawalu supposed to be still carrying over his form from last year, anyway?

A bit bold maybe, but not an unreasonable argument. The difference between Pienaar for us and Pienaar in the rugby championship is quite incredible at times.

While I'm uneasy with a favourites tag and very conscious of how this could go badly wrong, particularly given we're not in our stride, I can't see too much I'd disagree with Amiga about. But this is the biggest banana skin tie of the group and I'd have rather not started with it.

You know that you are back with the H Ciup when you get the excellent Greenwood and Horgan...................bliss after BT Sports (apart from Kennedy) idiots!!

PS I am standing up, neighbours!!

That is a wonderful try. Jackson's kicking has ben fantastic. If he can keep us his recent standard of placekicking he should definitely imo be ahead of Madigan.

That is a wonderful try. Jackson's kicking has ben fantastic. If he can keep us his recent standard of placekicking he should definitely imo be ahead of Madigan.

High praise from a Leinster man!!!

High praise from a Leinster man!!!

Not really given the way Madigan played last week...

Seriously though without turning this thread around, Madigan doesn't facilitate enough. When he's on top form or it's a loose game he's superb but if he's not getting the breaks. He struggles to bring others into the game.

Latest posts