• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2013/14 HEC] Pool 5, Round 1

I am taking at face as have not watched a Rabo games this season so not seen either of them.......just unusual for a guy to promote the interests of a player from another club over theirs, which is very right, proper and honest; or even cross border, which, to me, Kidney never seemed able to do......always felt that he favoured Southern players over Northern?

Sky sports coverage is doing a great job of promoting BT Sports.
I love Greenwood, but he's no where near enough to make up for the rest of them.

Poite ignores the breakdown just to make sure defences still onside. He's constantly turning around to warn them not to go offiside, and as a result he just misses things, or so it seems to me..

I am taking at face as have not watched a Rabo games this season so not seen either of them.......just unusual for a guy to promote the interests of a player from another club over theirs, which is very right, proper and honest; or even cross border, which, to me, Kidney never seemed able to do......always felt that he favoured Southern players over Northern?

I just want our best players to play.

I think some Ulster fans would agree with you. Kidney did have some Munster bias but in fairness Ulster's resurgence only really properly started his last two seasons and players were picked, though often due to injury so it was hard to tell.

Great to see Jackso get theat last kick. Very much a confidence player hopefully he can keep it up. Very tightly matched game, still backing Ulster to do it but it could go either way.

Kidney looked like he favoured Munster players over non-Munster players, god knows there was a player every squad you could give out about, but in the long run his early drafted Munstermen have stood well, so hey, whatever. There is a perception that Irish media based south of the border give more attention to players from south than to north, and I've heard that from both sides, but I think that's lessening as Ulster make a bigger noise. In hindsight, I can say I've picked a very exciting time to be an Ulster fan.

My nerves are shot. I hope Deccie Fitz and Court have got the measure of this now, we can lose it there if we're not careful. If I were a Tigers fan I'd be crapping myself about the lineout. Again, its looking a very easy way to lose the game. Ulster shading the battle of the up and unders. Both sides promising in attack but unable to penetrate some heavyweight defence.

Will be interesting to see if we see Lutton and Black early. I actually think that's a stronger scrummaging pairing.

Poite ignores the breakdown just to make sure defences still onside. He's constantly turning around to warn them not to go offiside, and as a result he just misses things, or so it seems to me..

I know what you mean but the ball more than often enough comes out on the right side and there is space for them to use it as he is so insistent on the offside line preventing them from closing down the space?

On Sky v BT....think Horgan and Greenwood were super during the build up and now during half time and whatever his name is keeps things moving whereas Doyle/Jill on BT Sport do not. OK Barnes is Barnes but would prefer him to Dallaglio or even Kay as assistant commentator and Miles Harrison v Gillingham is about a draw.....

What a try that would have been. Think it was the right decision though.

Was about to comment on how much of a Flood man I am but he goes and arses up two consecutive kicks.

Nice line from Cave there.

And Benjamins having a bad time; too soon for him I think

Shame that Tigers have about 50 injuries in their backs, Benjamin shouldn't be starting a game this big as his first match time after such a long time off.

I'd post this in the pool forum, but that would feel quite lonely. Zebre just score this try:
BWUlwRdCEAEc2wa.png

Normally, the other side being a man down is code for Ulster are about to stuff it up...

What is impressing me in this game, apart from it seems ot have gone by in a flash, is the incredibly efficient clearing out at the rucks and also some fantastic handling, both sides, if only because of the amount of passes and very few knock ons...super, super game!!

What is impressing me in this game, apart from it seems ot have gone by in a flash, is the incredibly efficient clearing out at the rucks and also some fantastic handling, both sides, if only because of the amount of passes and very few knock ons...super, super game!!

I was just thinking we're close to throwing this away with knock-ons tbh.

Latest posts