• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2013/14 Pro12] Round 17

It had shown improvements when the new guy came in (his name eludes me just for the moment) but youre right tonight they have been terrible. Dunno if its lack of macth action for the non 6N players or theyre intimidated but they havent a clue

Gethin isn't playing too badly. Cuthbert has been poor.

There's just a really bad feeling in the region at the moment. Theres something like 6/7 new plays coming in next year, its almost as if the team has given up before the seasons out. I'm not excusing the lack of organisation or turnovers, because its embarrassing.

Paul John and Dale McIntosh are coaches that have only just come up from the premiership and sevens. They aren't ready to be running a region

How Matt O'Connor been doing at Leinster I know they are top of the table etc but how is the team performing?

Compared to Joe Schmidt Leinster it's a bit meh. Which is understandable given Sexton's also gone. Some of the rugby has been fairly poor but we're winning a lot so can't really complain.

Gethin isn't playing too badly. Cuthbert has been poor.

There's just a really bad feeling in the region at the moment. Theres something like 6/7 new plays coming in next year, its almost as if the team has given up before the seasons out. I'm not excusing the lack of organisation or turnovers, because its embarrassing.

Paul John and Dale McIntosh are coaches that have only just come up from the premiership and sevens. They aren't ready to be running a region

Think thats true, from here I dont get a day to day insight into the team but it looks that way, theres no leadership. At 17-9 there should have been a general feeling of "we arent out of this game, pick up the effort and passion and we can take control of this game" but it seemed more a "ah well, next time we'll get em" attitude

Our errors aren't helping but this ref is not giving us any chance. Looks like we won't get the bonus point.

EDIT: Just as I post he gives us a penalty. More of that please. :D.

EDIT EDIT: For about the third time in about 5 matches we get the bonus try in the last minute which also beats the handicap.

Last edited:
the edinburgh match was the most awful match i watched not because we lost but there were only 4 penalty kicks and lack off tries always shows a boring match

Latest posts