Netherlands
Club or Nation
Sharks
nzol7o.png

Round 4 Fixtures

Auckland.png
Versus%20H-Cup.png
Counties Manukau.png

Eden Park, Auckland (Wednesday, 06:35 GMT / 19:35 NZST)

Bay%20of%20Plenty.png
Versus%20H-Cup.png
Canterbury.png

Rotorua International Stadium, Rotorua (Thursday, 06:05 GMT / 19:35 NZST)

Southland.png
Versus%20H-Cup.png
Waikato.png

Rugby Park Stadium, Invercargill (Friday, 05:05 GMT / 18:05 NZST)

Tasman.png
Versus%20H-Cup.png
Otago.png

Trafalgar Park, Blenhelm (Friday, 07:05 GMT / 20:05 NZST)

Taranaki.png
Versus%20H-Cup.png
Auckland.png

Yarrow Stadium, New Plymouth (Saturday, 01:35 GMT / 14:35 NZST)

Hawkes Bay.png
Versus%20H-Cup.png
Counties Manukau.png

McLean Park, Napier (Saturday, 03:35 GMT / 16:35 NZST)

Manawatu.png
Versus%20H-Cup.png
North Harbour.png

Arena Manawatu, Palmerston North (Sunday, 01:35 GMT / 14:35 NZST)

Northland.png
Versus%20H-Cup.png
Wellington.png

Toll Stadium, Whangarei (Sunday, 03:35 GMT / 16:35 NZST)

Preview for the Auckland v Counties at PlanetRugby

The teams:

Auckland: 15 Lolagi Visinia, 14 George Moala, 13 Malakai Fekitoa, 12 Hadleigh Parkes (capt), 11 Tenina Sauileoge, 10 Simon Hickey, 9 Junior Poluleuligaga, 8 Peter Saili, 7 Sean Polwart, 6 Joe Edwards, 5 Patrick Tuipulotu, 4 Liaki Moli, 3 Ofa Tu'ungafasi, 2 Tom McCartney, 1 Pauliasi Manu.
Replacements: 16 Gafatasi Su'a, 17 Angus Ta'avao, 18 Jack Whetton, 19 Luke Braid, 20 Piri Weepu, 21 Vince Aso, 22 Saleaula Silipa,

Counties Manukau: 15 Sherwin Stowers, 14 Frank Halai, 13 Rey Lee-Lo, 12 Bundee Aki, 11 Ahsee Tuala, 10 Ki Anufe, 9 Augustine Pulu, 8 Fritz Lee (capt), 7 Maama Vaipulu, 6 Adam Cathcart, 5 Jimmy Tupou, 4 Ronald Raaymakers, 3 Jarrod Firth, 2 Suliasi Taufalele, 1 Sam Aiono.
Replacements: 16 Micheal Lea, 17 Simon Lemalu, 18 Sikeli Nabou, 19 Sean Reidy, 20 Kane Hancy, 21 Sam Vaka, 22 Sione Molia.

Counties are short quite a few players, as are Auckland (mainly due to AB commitments). Counties, as much as they say they are focused on only this game, surely are not with their shield game later in the week. On the other hand Auckland have been pretty poor this season. One would expect Auckland to win this one comfortably however with such a lot of changes and all sorts of influencing factors it could probably go either way.

I'll pick Auckland by 15 though - I think Counties minds wont be on the job and they have too many key personnel out!

Last edited:
Preview for BOP v Canterbury @ itmcup.co.nz

TEAMS:

Bay of Plenty:
1.Kane Harris, 2.Nathan Harris, 3.Pingi Tala'apitaga, 4.Keepa Mewett, 5. Tim Bond, 6.Johan Bardoul, 7.Tanerau Latimer, 8.Carl Axtends, 9.Josh Hall, 10.Willie Ripia, 11.Kimami Sitauti, 12.Sam Beard, 13.Kenny Lynn, 14.Tino Nemani, 15.Steve Honey.

Reserves: 16.Joe Royal, 17.Albert Anae, 18.Joe Tupe, 19.Beau Robinson, 20.TeAihe Toma, 21.Nick Evemy, 22.Dave Thomas.

Canterbury: 1. Paea Fa'anunu, 2.Marcel Cummings-Toone, 3.Nepo Laulala, 4.Luke Katene, 5.Matt Symons, 6.George Whitelock (captain), 7.Matt Todd, 8.Jordan Taufua, 9.Andy Ellis, 10.Tyler Bleyendaal, 11.Milford Keresoma, 12.Ryan Crotty, 13.Adam Whitelock, 14.Patrick Osborne, 15.Jamie Verran.

Reserves: 16.Ben Funnell, 17.Sione Faletau, 18.Joel Everson, 19.Jed Brown, 20.Willi Heinz, 21.Rob Thompson, 22. Richie Mo'unga.

My quick take - Canterbury, despite having a couple of disruptions with AB duty (Slade and L Whitelock), will still be too strong. They have a substantial amount of Super Rugby experience both in the forwards and the backs (Crotty, Ellis, G & A Whitelock, Todd to name a few), their forwards should be able to gain ascendancy, they have good halves to control things, and some dynamic outside backs. Add to that BOP are without Sam Cane, and Beau Robinson is on the bench - dont think they will be able to seriously compete.

I'd say Canterbury by 15+

I thought the refereeing was actually very good... Counties should've won the match, it was their own fault.

I thought the refereeing was actually very good... Counties should've won the match, it was their own fault.

OK, good to know. Seeing as I din't watch the game I can only go on what Tana said, and he was very vocal both after the game and then on the radio this morning. Add to the it was Bryce Lawrence who for reasons everyone knows doest have massive credability anymore. Tana has a pretty smart rugby brain too sohe must have seen something. Given you watched the game can you give any insight into what he was complaining about Invictus? I only caught the end of the interview on the radio today so didnt hear any specifics. Cheers.

OK, good to know. Seeing as I din't watch the game I can only go on what Tana said, and he was very vocal both after the game and then on the radio this morning. Add to the it was Bryce Lawrence who for reasons everyone knows doest have massive credability anymore. Tana has a pretty smart rugby brain too sohe must have seen something. Given you watched the game can you give any insight into what he was complaining about Invictus? I only caught the end of the interview on the radio today so didnt hear any specifics. Cheers.

I just read an article on it: http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/provincial/9129144/Umaga-slams-Jackson-refereeing

Admittedly most of the stuff Umaga is complaining about is less noticeable to the viewers (such as not communicating with one team as much as the other), so I didn't really see any of that. The other stuff seems a bit like toy throwing to me though, Umaga saying how Counties are viewed negatively, that Jackson is a problem often for them etc. etc.

I just read an article on it: http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/provincial/9129144/Umaga-slams-Jackson-refereeing

Admittedly most of the stuff Umaga is complaining about is less noticeable to the viewers (such as not communicating with one team as much as the other), so I didn't really see any of that. The other stuff seems a bit like toy throwing to me though, Umaga saying how Counties are viewed negatively, that Jackson is a problem often for them etc. etc.

Cheers, I could have sworn Tana said Lawrence this morning on the radio...my bad. Cheers for the article.

I've always felt Jackson is a good ref, still learning but good. The article reads like a lot of supressed frustration over the years coming to the surface...I should really watch the game.

Two games tonight:
Waikato at Southland (Planet Rugby Preview)
and
Otago at Tasman

Southland: 15 Robbie Robinson, 14 Bryan Milne, 13 Cardiff Vaega, 12 Willis Halaholo, 11 Tim Cornforth, 10 Marty Mckenzie, 9 Tayler Adams, 8 Elliot Dixon, 7 Tim Boys, 6 John Hardie, 5 Michael Fatialofa, 4 Josh Bekhuis, 3 Nick Barrett, 2 David Hall, 1 Jamie Mackintosh (capt).
Replacements: 16 Talemaitoga Tuapati, 17 Tukiterangi Raimona, 18 Hale T-Pole, 19 Naulia Dawai, 20 Nemia Kenatale, 21 Gareth William-Spiers, 22 Scott Eade.

Waikato: 15 Trent Renata, 14 Tim Mikkelson, 13 Jackson Willison, 12 Joe Perawiti, 11 Save Tokula, 10 Wharenui Hawera, 9 Brad Weber/Kylem O'Donnell, 8 Adam Burn, 7 Jack Lam, 6 Rory Grice, 5 Sam Kilgour, 4 Brian Alainu'uese, 3 Ben Tameifuna, 2 Brayden Mitchell, 1 Toby Smith.
Replacements: 16 Vance Elliott, 17 Paul Alo-Emile, 18 Nick Ross, 19 Jono Armstrong, 20 Kylem O'Donnell/Brad Weber, 21 Sam Christie, 22 Semisi Masirewa.

Otago: Buxton Popoali'i, Matt Faddes, Jayden Spence, Peter Breen, Kieran Moffat, Hayden Parker, Fumiaki Tanaka, Paul Grant (captain), Willis Scott, TJ Ioane, Tom Franklin, Charlie O'Connell, Tama Tuirirangi, Sam Anderson-Heather, Craig Millar. Reserves: Liam Coltman, Aki Seuli, Tom Donnelly, Lee Allan, Josh Renton, Tei Walden, Fa'asui Fuatai.

Tasman: Marty Banks, Bryce Heem, Kieron Fonotia, Tom Marshall, James Lowe, Hayden Cripps, Mark Swanepol, Tevita Koloamatangi, Shane Christie (captain), Liam Squire, Joe Wheeler, Alex Ainley, Sila Puafisa, Quentin MacDonald, Tim Perry. Reserves: Francis Smith, Siua Halanukonuka, Tevita Cavubati, Gary Redmond, Billy Guyton, Mitchell Scott, Robbie Malneek.

I'm going to give the edge to Waikato and Tasman respectively. I;m not convinced Southland has got enough in attack to beat Waikato. They have scored no more than 15 points in each of their three loses. While Waikiato hasnt been the greatest (1 win from 3) they look to have a more dynamic side and I think should be able to win. The Tasman Otago game is a tricky one. Tasman have been pretty impressive though and are always tough at home. Their only loss was a reasonably close one to unbeaten Canterbury and have beaten Southland and impressively put away Counties last week. I'll go on form in this one and pick Tasman but wouldnt be surprised at all if Otago gets up.

Just watched the Waikato Southland game - finished 20 - 16 in Southlands favor. I have to say, that was a very poor game of rugby, and particularly disappointing to see how bad a team Waikato have become. Credit to Southland as they deserved the win, but average rugby and I very much doubt Waikato have any shot at a top 4 this year. On to Tasman Otago - let's hope that game is better.

Tasman just gave Otago a good old fashioned botty-smacking.... 49-16

I can't decide whether Tasman were very good, or Otago were bloody awful. Perhaps a bit of both.

Tom Marshall was outstanding tonight.

Counties are getting a very raw deal in the shield match at the moment...

I'm enjoying the late night (where I live anyway) doubleheader of ITM cup and the current one Hawke's Bay vs Counties Manukau is definitely the more competitive one I've seen.

baden kerrs goal kicking looking exceptional.. good news for the blues next year

How many forward passed has Mathewson thrown that haven't been ruled on...?

OMG, its happened again.

Counties-Manukau wins the Ranfurly Shield for the first time in their history

What a FANTASTIC competition the Ranfurly Shield is

What an outstanding Shield competition it's been this year! I feel bad for HB, but it's great to see a team hold it that never has before. And thrilled for Tana, too. Loving how excited everyone is - you'd think they'd won the World Cup, or something!

das

Latest posts