• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2013 NRL - Official Discussion Thread

And that was the season for the Warriors. Inconsistency does hardly pay off.

Hayne signed with the Eels and is staying there. I'm hoping they get out of their negative vibe and win some more games next season.

Sorry for my inactivity lately(especially to Melon and Amo) but my hell season continues and I've been busy later than ever before...it's complete B.S. and I haven't had much time to caych games...I did catch the gut wrenching Cowboys loss a game I thought was going to be salvaged right at the end there but all for naught!! What about the Knights, what a darkhorse season, I think it will come to an end this weekend but what a run.

Roosters vs Sea Eagles grand final. I give the Roosters the advantage of winning it. Let the SBW saga continue :)

Highlights of this weekend games will be posted soon.

The Sea Eagles showed some great heart with that fight back being 14-0 down I thought they looked out of the game, but it seemed the Rabbitohs put it into cruise control.

Hard for me not to pick a Roosters victory next week.

Man - The Sea Eagles vs Rabbitohs match was weird...great game but it was sort of a mix of the Bunnies Choking and Eagles showing true class. Didn't get to watch Roosters. I think Sydney would've packed out for either a Roosters vs Bunnies final or a Knights vs Eagles finals (1997 rematch) but they got two teams who no one really likes (anecdotal) apart from themselves.

Hope Roosters lose (keep SBW in NRL - where he just performs better) but want Manly to lose (I admire them, I just don't like them - Jamie Lyons is the best Centre in the game). NZ Warriors U20's in the finals at least!!!

[h=1]Pity, a true warrior leaving:

Packer leaves Vodafone Warriors
[/h]
Prop Russell Packer is leaving the Vodafone Warriors after a mutual agreement to release him from his contract.
While he wasn't off contract until the end of the 2014 NRL season, Vodafone Warriors general manager football operations Dean Bell said the Foxton-raised 23-year-old had an opportunity to continue his career in Australia.
Late last season Packer became the 21st player in the Vodafone Warriors' history to make 100 NRL appearances for the club but his 2013 campaign was blighted by injuries which limited him to just nine games.
He was a foundation Vodafone Junior Warrior in the National Youth Competition's inaugural season in 2008 and also went on to make his NRL debut early that year.
"While he had injury issues this year, Russell has given us good service in his six seasons after coming to the club as a young player with potential," said Bell.
"We appreciate what he achieved with the Vodafone Warriors and wish him all the best as he looks to make a new start in the NRL."
The 2008 season was into only its eighth round when Packer was promoted to make his NRL debut as an 18-year-old against Canberra, becoming Vodafone Warrior No 141 in the first of five NRL games that year.
The following season he played 20 times for the NRL side and proved to be one of the club's more durable players in reaching the 100-mark at the end of what was only his fourth full first-grade campaign.
His form in 2011 earned him his Kiwi Test debut against Australia in Newcastle plus another appearance against England in the following Four Nations campaign in the United Kingdom.
Bell said Packer's departure would open the way for other props to step up. He pointed out the Vodafone Warriors had other front row options in Suaia Matagi, Charlie Gubb, Sione Lousi and Sam Lousi as well as Vodafone Junior Warriors prop Albert Vete, who has recently been signed on a fulltime NRL contract for 2014.

Pity, a true warrior leaving:

Packer leaves Vodafone Warriors

Prop Russell Packer is leaving the Vodafone Warriors after a mutual agreement to release him from his contract.
While he wasn't off contract until the end of the 2014 NRL season, Vodafone Warriors general manager football operations Dean Bell said the Foxton-raised 23-year-old had an opportunity to continue his career in Australia.
Late last season Packer became the 21st player in the Vodafone Warriors' history to make 100 NRL appearances for the club but his 2013 campaign was blighted by injuries which limited him to just nine games.
He was a foundation Vodafone Junior Warrior in the National Youth Competition's inaugural season in 2008 and also went on to make his NRL debut early that year.
"While he had injury issues this year, Russell has given us good service in his six seasons after coming to the club as a young player with potential," said Bell.
"We appreciate what he achieved with the Vodafone Warriors and wish him all the best as he looks to make a new start in the NRL."
The 2008 season was into only its eighth round when Packer was promoted to make his NRL debut as an 18-year-old against Canberra, becoming Vodafone Warrior No 141 in the first of five NRL games that year.
The following season he played 20 times for the NRL side and proved to be one of the club's more durable players in reaching the 100-mark at the end of what was only his fourth full first-grade campaign.
His form in 2011 earned him his Kiwi Test debut against Australia in Newcastle plus another appearance against England in the following Four Nations campaign in the United Kingdom.
Bell said Packer's departure would open the way for other props to step up. He pointed out the Vodafone Warriors had other front row options in Suaia Matagi, Charlie Gubb, Sione Lousi and Sam Lousi as well as Vodafone Junior Warriors prop Albert Vete, who has recently been signed on a fulltime NRL contract for 2014.

He hasn't been happy for a while. And I must the say both the 20's and the Vulcans have guys that front it (just look at Matagi). All the best for him tho. I know that at the very least the Kiwi's will make big gains.

Well done Roosters, what an insane game. That try by Jennings in the 73th minute, wow.
Quality.

Fantastic game, possibly my favourite grand final ever. Well done to the Roosters they were the best team this year in NRL and deserve this, can't say enough about the Sea Eagles wun though either they were right in the game until that amazing Jennings try.

Indeed, curious what people will be saying about SBW. Playing for the Chiefs, their first Super rugby ***le, playing for AB's WRC champs, playing for the Roosters NRL champs.

Off Topic: I managed to post the highlights of all 202 games. Quiet cool. :)

Latest posts