• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2013 NRL - Official Discussion Thread

Oh dear god...

I suppose they do need someone to pick up the slack while Buderus and Gidley are out injured.

It will be good to see him finish in the NRL, where he started though.

17-i-lol.jpg

I couldn't believe it and the timing was perfect!!! He's 35 now, my guess is this is the swan song, didn't see him too much at London Broncos, I think he played OK but probably wasn't worth what they were paying him(combine that with the Bronos being terrible and having poor attendance and I'm sure their glad to dump his salary). Maybe he has just a little bit more to give....as long as he's kept away from the charity golf events....

Good game, especially enjoyed the first half. Looking forward to the other games of the series.

Russel Packer made the Belgian newspaper with his **** in the Brisbane stadium.

Schermafbeelding 2013-06-05 om 17.18.33.png

Ricky Stuart ( Eels Head coach) is sacking 12 players to restore the order. With some of his decisions I agree others I disagree.
These are the players impacted:Co-captain Reni Maitua, backrower Ben Smith and hooker Matt Keating,Willie Tonga, Ben Roberts, Luke Kelly, Cheyse Blair, Daniel Harrison, Nathan Smith, Pat O'Hanlon and Matt Ryan.

Blair had an ok season so far. Most likely next season these players will thrash the Eels. Anyway I hope they recruit and sign some good / big names.

[video]http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/parramatta-eels-nrl-coach-ricky-stuart-punts-at-least-12-players-for-next-season/story-fndv34of-1226657845869[/video]

I guess it was time for Parramatta to do something, it looks like five of the twelve have been given at least a chance to come back if they play very well for the rest of the year, Matui, Keating, Ryan and Tonga were four of the names given at least a lifeline, not the end of the world for Smith either who was looking for a return to Super League to wind down his career.

Ricky Stuart is an absolute fool.

I understand ultimatums are required, however in the case of the several players who have been informed they definitely won't be needed next year, their morale would be rock bottom. The only thing they have to play for is the hope that another club will pick them up for a decent contract.

To do it so openly would be humiliating too. Some players if told privately may not have mentioned anything to their team mates until the end of the season.

If Stuart thinks this is the way to trigger a resurgence then he is most certainly incorrect.

Did anyone else catch Russell Parker peeing on the field the other day? Quite possibly one of the most random things I've ever seen in sport....apologies for the horrid music in the video....

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone else catch Russell Parker peeing on the field the other day? Quite possibly one of the most random things I've ever seen in sport....apologies for the horrid music in the video....

I posted the article that made it to the Belgian press above. The scene where he was ******* was just before kick off. I noticed him shacking off ;) but didn't make the link. Anyway, according to the Belgian press he's fined for 11.000 Euro or +,- 22.000 NZ $.

Last edited by a moderator:
James Tamou ruled out for the second State of Origin game and fined for 25000 $ due to driving drunk. Will also miss the next league game.

Warriors sign Chad Townsend (Sharks) and release Harry Siejka who's home sick.

James Tamou ruled out for the second State of Origin game and fined for 25000 $ due to driving drunk. Will also miss the next league game.

Warriors sign Chad Townsend (Sharks) and release Harry Siejka who's home sick.

Being ruled out so SOO2 means he loses a $30,000 match payment too.

It's great to see the Cowboys throw a decent fine at him! It's an absolute joke when highly paid professional sportsmen get fined a couple of grand here and there - it's no deterrent at all.

Good win by the Cowboys....finally!!! Saving the coaching staff's jobs I think with that one, Thurston seems to be healthier than he looked at SOO1. I think it will be extremely difficult for the Boys to make the playoff's need to get on a run of 4-5 wins in a row to make it happen.

Fourth consecutive win by the Warriors. With a bit of luck they make it to the play offs.

Latest posts