• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2013 NRL - Official Discussion Thread

Just watched Rabbitohs vs. Sea Eagles vicious game including a brawl, lots of stupid penalites and incidents. Took the Eagles forever to get into the match and it was way too little too late.Good goal line defence by the Tohs.

Bulldogs looking to be hitting some form finally. Whats going on over at West Tigers this season I thought they had enough talent to be at least a mid table side?

Go Eels :)!!!!

Moimoi scored a try just 3 min later. Lovely weekend so far.

Last edited:
I'm going to post an epic ol' write up on the NRL so far, the lead up to Origin and the World cup. It will be placed in the blog section once I work out how to do it.

Just mail it to Charlie and he will put it up.

Thank you Thomas, about 18 hours late though. I do hope it's up in time for the start of this round. Charlie. CHARLIE....CHARLIEEEE???

In other news, I'm heading the see the Broncos slaughter the Eels tomorrow night.

Last edited:
Warriors have it away in the final 5 minutes. The second game of today: Eels -Broncos, the Eels are still leading hope they can take it.

Last edited:
NSW State of Origin news -

I've heard that the Bulldog's Josh Morris may be overlooked for the State of Origin opener, with Blake Ferguson taking his place along side Michael Jennings.

At this point in time it looks like a back line consisting of -

7. Mitchell Pearce
6. SEE BELOW
5. Akuila Uate
4. Blake Ferguson
3. Michael Jennings
2. Nathan Merritt
1. Jarryd Hayne

As discussed here, it will be very interesting to see who gets the nod at five-eighth (6).

There are quite a few options, with some being chosen under the assumption that Pearce will be named as half back (7).

Despite being the incumbent 6, Todd Carney has had a fairly quiet start to the season.

Adam Reynolds' name has been bandied about due to his recent form for the Rabbitohs, however placing him at 6 outside of Pearce may be a gamble. In saying that though, better gamble now than in game 2 or 3.

With Mitchell Pearce at 7, this may pave the way for James Maloney to get the nod as they have forged a strong halves combination for the Roosters.

Whilst NSW may not have the genius of Thurston, Cronk or Cherry-Evans, they have grown out of the halves headaches in terms of having no choice. The only issue now is of who will do the best "good" job.

NSW are also spoilt for choice when it comes to back rowers which may see Greg Bird thrown the 6 jumper. With Bird at 6, this would allow for additional muscle but a genuine ball playing utility would have to be named on the bench.

An outside chance would be Jarrod Mullen - Can't see it happening though.

Bloody hell! After 30mins, the Rabbitohs have chalked up 30 points to nil against the Tigers, whilst the Broncos are at 18 to nil against the ***ans.

Another Bulldogs win they are slowly but surely getting into the thick of things, as the Storm start their usual Origin mid season poor run.

State of Origin Game 1 this round, going for the blues. Please win boys.

Looking forward to the Warriors game today. Last week they really bounced back nicely.

Warriors completely thrashed the Broncos (56-18 :) -. Great game of footie. Will upload the highlights of this round tonight

TRF favourite Craig Gower is returning to NRL!!!!!! He will join the Newcastle Knights after his release from London Broncos is secured!!!!

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...ewcastle-knights/story-fn2mcuj6-1226657274331

Oh dear god...

I suppose they do need someone to pick up the slack while Buderus and Gidley are out injured.

It will be good to see him finish in the NRL, where he started though.

17-i-lol.jpg

Latest posts