• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2013 NRL - Official Discussion Thread

Tim Mannah is captain. Hayne is just Vice captain.
Anyway 2 out 3 teams I support are not doing that well.
Still waiting for some Moimoi magic.

Last edited:
Roosters and Broncos was a fairly dour game, ended up watching most of it in fast forward, 8-0 is the lowest scoring game I've seen in a long time.

Tim Mannah is captain. Hayne is just Vice captain.
Anyway 2 out 3 teams I support are not doing that well.
Still waiting for some Moimoi magic.

Apologies for not being entirely correct.

You will find that whilst Tim Mannah is club captain, Jarryd Hayne and Reni Matua are co-captains with Hayne certainly taking the captaincy lead on the field - Against the Wests Tigers anyway.

As I mentioned previously, Hayne should not be a part of the leadership group during the game however this is inevitable due to his experience and ability. He needs to be taught that with great ability, comes responsibility and maturity.

Last edited:
Just caught the end of Rabbithos vs. Panthers defence at a premium some good scores, very high scoring stuff.

Another convincing loss by the Warriors. It will be a long season.

Another convincing loss by the Warriors. It will be a long season.

Yeah I think so as wellm last year wasn't a mirage it seems a big loss to the Sharks and from the highlights the Warriors looked very poor, could be a near bottom table season for them.

Bodene Thompson made the move from the ***ans to the Tigers, but did he actually play already this season?

Absolutely embarrassed by the Cowboys, one of their worst games in a long time, didn't seem to have much intensity either.

Fixtures of this round:

Sorry for being a bit late. Sea Eagles - tigers was already played today:

[h=3]Fixtures[/h]<article style="display: block; position: relative; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dashed; border-bottom-color: rgb(204, 204, 204); margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; ">League[h=4]Bulldogs v Rabbitohs[/h]18:00 Fri 29 Mar
</article><article style="display: block; position: relative; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dashed; border-bottom-color: rgb(204, 204, 204); margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; ">League[h=4]Broncos v Storm[/h]22:05 Fri 29 Mar
</article><article style="display: block; position: relative; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dashed; border-bottom-color: rgb(204, 204, 204); margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; ">League[h=4]Sharks v Dragons[/h]21:30 Sat 30 Mar
</article><article style="display: block; position: relative; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dashed; border-bottom-color: rgb(204, 204, 204); margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; ">League[h=4]Panthers v ***ans[/h]17:00 Sun 31 Mar
</article><article style="display: block; position: relative; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dashed; border-bottom-color: rgb(204, 204, 204); margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; ">League[h=4]Knights v Raiders[/h]20:30 Sun 31 Mar
</article><article style="display: block; position: relative; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(204, 204, 204); margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; ">League[h=4]Warriors v Cowboys[/h]17:00 Mon 01 Apr
</article>

Was looking forward to Sea Eagles vs. Tigers after work but caught the score accidentally and dosen't look like there is a lot to see from the sounds of it.

I picked the Bulldogs to win on superbru :mad: They've had a tough draw so far I would expect them to rebound a little soon though.

Rabbitohs looking good so far. From what I have been able to watch of them, Reynolds has seemingly come into himself this season.

Rabbitohs looking good so far. From what I have been able to watch of them, Reynolds has seemingly come into himself this season.

Yeah I think they are starting to gel now, could be a darkhorse contender. The raw talent is definately there it's just about putting the game plan in place and getting that finishing. I still think the Storm are the team to beat, and are looking so in the early stages.

Storm are always going to be there or there abouts. Just a shame that I can't watch much more NRL as the only way of watching games in the UK legally is through buying of Premier Sports on Sky, which costs a bit.

Melon, you were right. Hayne needs to step up as a skip:

Parramatta great Nathan Hindmarsh says Jarryd Hayne has to learn how to better deal with the pressure that comes with being an NRL skipper.
Hayne's ascendancy to the Eels' captaincy was hailed as a coming of age for the superstar fullback but since Parramatta's opening-round win over the Warriors, he has struggled with the high-profile role.
This was most noticeable in the loss to Wests Tigers on Friday during which the representative custodian engaged in a running battle with the referees.
Former captain Hindmarsh knows only too well the demands that come with being the figurehead at one of league's proudest clubs and says Hayne, who yesterday re-signed until the end of the 2015 season, needs to take a more even-tempered approach.
"Jarryd is under a lot of pressure and some of it is a bit unfair," said Hindmarsh yesterday.
"But sometimes he brings that upon himself and you saw that in the game against the Tigers last week in regards to the way he spoke to the referees.

But he is still learning."
Hindmarsh said Hayne needed to lean on senior Eels players for support.
"There are a lot of other experienced guys in the side that are probably sitting under Jarryd's criticism when a lot of them, I think, could also help him out a fair bit as well," Hindmarsh said. "It is a bit unfair but hopefully we can see the Jarryd Hayne of 2009 again. It would be nice. It would be very nice.
Hindmarsh also had a message for those who have started to doubt the Eels under new coach Ricky Stuart.
"Give them time - they will get it together," Hindmarsh said.
- AAP

SBW aiming to be selected by the Kiwi's again. Shouldn't be that hard :)

[h=1]SBW targets Canberra Test return for Kiwis[/h]By Ian McCullough
AAP
Sun 31st March, 5:54pm

<iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?href=www.nrl.com%2fsbw-targets-canberra-test-return-for-kiwis%2ftabid%2f10874%2fnewsid%2f71464%2fdefault.aspx&send=false&layout=button_count&width=90&show_faces=false&action=like&colorscheme=light&font&height=21" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; font-weight: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-size: 10px; font-family: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; border-top-style: none; border-right-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; border-left-style: none; border-width: initial; border-color: initial; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden; width: 90px; height: 21px; "></iframe>
<iframe frameborder="0" hspace="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" scrolling="no" tabindex="0" vspace="0" width="100%" id="I0_1364721852502" name="I0_1364721852502" src="https://plusone.google.com/_/+1/fastbutton?bsv&size=medium&hl=en-US&origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nrl.com&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nrl.com%2Fsbw-targets-canberra-test-return-for-kiwis%2Ftabid%2F10874%2Fnewsid%2F71464%2Fdefault.aspx&jsh=m%3B%2F_%2Fscs%2Fapps-static%2F_%2Fjs%2Fk%3Doz.gapi.en_GB.S88T5p6kEDQ.O%2Fm%3D__features__%2Fam%3DQQ%2Frt%3Dj%2Fd%3D1%2Frs%3DAItRSTMNjMsXkM5BU-1pJmfxJqpxvCYzYw#_methods=onPlusOne%2C_ready%2C_close%2C_open%2C_resizeMe%2C_renderstart%2Concircled&id=I0_1364721852502&parent=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nrl.com&rpctoken=71667758" allowtransparency="true" data-gapiattached="true" ***le="+1" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; font-weight: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-size: 1px; font-family: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; border-top-style: none; border-right-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; border-left-style: none; position: static; left: 0px; top: 0px; visibility: visible; width: 90px; height: 20px; "></iframe>

<iframe allowtransparency="true" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" src="http://platform.twitter.com/widgets/tweet_button.1363148939.html#_=1364721850781&count=horizontal&id=twitter-widget-0&lang=en&original_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nrl.com%2Fsbw-targets-canberra-test-return-for-kiwis%2Ftabid%2F10874%2Fnewsid%2F71464%2Fdefault.aspx&size=m&text=SBW%20targets%20Canberra%20Test%20return%20for%20Kiwis%20-%20NRL.com&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nrl.com%2Fsbw-targets-canberra-test-return-for-kiwis%2Ftabid%2F10874%2Fnewsid%2F71464%2Fdefault.aspx" class="twitter-share-button twitter-count-horizontal" ***le="Twitter Tweet Button" data-twttr-rendered="true" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; font-weight: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-size: 10px; font-family: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; width: 107px; height: 20px; "></iframe>
Print
Decrease Font
Increase Font
RSS

32411_36_1.jpg

Sonny Bill Williams wants to make his return to international rugby league and has targeted New Zealand's Test against Australia in Canberra next month to do it.
It's the first time the explosive back-rower has indicated he wants to return the international arena since he ended a five-year exile from the NRL by joining the Sydney Roosters this season.
His decision will also raise hopes that he could take part in the Rugby League World Cup in Europe later this year.
Williams has an option of a second season with the Roosters and if he opts to take it the 27-year-old would almost certainly feature in Stephen Kearney's plans for retaining the ***le his side won in 2008.
New Zealand take on the Kangaroos in the nation's capital on April 19 and Williams said he'll be ready to play his first international league game since May 2008 if the Kiwi coach wants him.
"I'd love to say yes and put my hand up but it depends on whether my form warrants it," Williams said on Sunday.
"But at this stage it's about keeping my place at the Roosters and taking it from there."
Williams had his best game for Trent Robinson's side in last week's gritty 8-0 win over Brisbane - his third in the NRL since his controversial exit from Canterbury in 2008.
The former Bulldogs star said the game is a lot different to the one he left and believes it'll be harder for him to show the individual brilliance that once made him the biggest name in the NRL.
"The game is a bit of a fitness session out there. Most teams are playing the same and it's a battle of wills," he said.
"I won't lie, when I left the game, it was a lot more open, a lot more free-flowing.
"But it just goes to show the amount of athletes we have in the game at the moment. Guys are big, strong, fit, fast.
"Before I left I didn't play with too much instruction, it was my own free will I guess.
"I am happy playing in a structure. But it's about getting used to the structure and finding a way to inject myself into games. But that will come in time."
The All Blacks Rugby World Cup winner admits he's been shocked by how big a part wrestling now plays in the game, but said the challenge of adapting is what enticed him back to the NRL.
"There is a lot more wrestling. We work with a wrestling coach full-time," he said.
"But everyone is doing it. It's vital those extra few seconds you get on the ground.
"The game's still good to watch and I'm loving being back.
"I've come back to league as a union player and (am) facing new situations.
"Sometimes they're big hurdles but good players can overcome them."

Latest posts