• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NRL 2015 - General Discussion Thread

Happy 200th for 'the beast Vatuvei up to 140 tries ,highest ever by any kiwi and 2 more competition points for the WARRIORS!

Awesome come back by Easts! Great game all round too - helped wash that awful Bledisloe taste out of my mouth haha

I'm happy we got revenge against the Bunnies. Our NRL opener was an embarrassment. GO THE BRONCOS!

In other news: http://www.broncos.com.au/news/2015/08/30/all_black_legend_joi.html

'All Black Legend Joins Broncos

ALL Black rugby union legend Todd Blackadder has spent a week immersing himself in the Broncos' culture.

Blackadder, the coach of the Canterbury Crusaders and his assistant and fellow former All Black Dave Hewett, spent the whole of last week in Sydney with the Broncos in a professional exchange organised by the New Zealand rugby union through Wayne Bennett.

He said the experience had been wonderful.

“It is just to come over and see a different environment,†said Blackadder after watching the Broncos belt the Rabbitohs 47-12.

“It is really good to spend time with Wayne Bennett, and to come over here and see how the players lead and what they do, and get a feel for the culture.

“I have to say the players have been brilliant and their supporters should be proud of them.

“We had a great week and took a lot out of it.â€

Blackadder also joked he had helped hone Corey Parker's goal kicking during the week, and said the Crusaders would be right behind the Broncos in the run through the finals.

“It's been a real pleasure and they have really looked after us,†he said.

“You have got a great team and we hope they go all the way - they may as well because they have worked so hard.

“We will be right behind you.â'

Sorry, posted this in the wrong thread:
Picks from here on in?

I've been a big NQ fan this year. So long as the are injury free I reckon they will be extremely hard to stop and would be my favs to win the ***le. JT is obviously class, but with Granville and in particular Morgan they just have so many options on attack. I'm picking them to beat Melbourne and face Brisbane in the final although the Chooks Broncs game will be a close one. Is Pearce back for that game and is everyone healthy on the Broncos roster? I hope so cause that game could be a classic!

Kane evans try ?

Although the Bulldogs lost last Friday in the elimination semi final, The thing that disappointed me the most was the approval of Kane Evans Try. Number One- It was clear that the ball was planted 1 m off the try line which should have been ruled a 'knock on' 2. After Kane Evans planted the ball a metre off the chalk, he promoted the ball to the try hence resulting a double movement and a penalty to the Bulldogs 3.After several replays by the video referees and referees it was awarded a try.
I believe that the approval of this try shows how unprofessional and blind the refs are and that they should revisit on how to ref a game. It is just a disgrace to the game as that controversial try was a pinnacle moment in the game. So please someone tell me how that was a try!

Although the Bulldogs lost last Friday in the elimination semi final, The thing that disappointed me the most was the approval of Kane Evans Try. Number One- It was clear that the ball was planted 1 m off the try line which should have been ruled a 'knock on' 2. After Kane Evans planted the ball a metre off the chalk, he promoted the ball to the try hence resulting a double movement and a penalty to the Bulldogs 3.After several replays by the video referees and referees it was awarded a try.
I believe that the approval of this try shows how unprofessional and blind the refs are and that they should revisit on how to ref a game. It is just a disgrace to the game as that controversial try was a pinnacle moment in the game. So please someone tell me how that was a try!

So here's the official rule (I think it's up to date):
Double Movement

A try will be awarded if:
'a tackled player's momentum carries him into the opponents' in-goal where he grounds 
the ball even if the ball has first touched the ground in the field of play'. Section 6 (3) (c)
In the process of scoring a try a player in possession must not promote the ball from the position the ball has been grounded.
If the momentum of the player in possession carries him into the opponents in goal area,it will not be a double movement if the ball would have finished over the goal line regardless of any subsequent movement of the ball or the arm carrying the ball .

I agree with you that it shouldn't be a try, BUT, I think the complicating issue here is that the on field ref called try and hence the video ref needed "sufficient evidence" to overturn the on field decision. Unfortunately this is where I think the video ref process comes unstuck a bit because it perhaps leaves it open for individual interpretation.

I am not certain how "sufficient evidence" is defined, But either way, one must assume here that the video ref must have thought there was not enough evidence to sufficiently prove that the ball did not touch the chalk in the original movement.

I've watched it several times now and it looks to me there was enough evidence to overturn, but clearly the video ref did not agree.

Double Movement

'a tackled player's momentum carries him into the opponents' in-goal where he grounds 
the ball even if the ball has first touched the ground in the field of play'. Section 6 (3) (c)
In the process of scoring a try a player in possession must not promote the ball from the position the ball has been grounded.
If the momentum of the player in possession carries him into the opponents in goal area,it will not be a double movement if the ball would have finished over the goal line regardless of any subsequent movement of the ball or the arm carrying the ball .

I agree with you that it shouldn't be a try, BUT, I think the complicating issue here is that the on field ref called try and hence the video ref needed "sufficient evidence" to overturn the on field decision. Unfortunately this is where I think the video ref process comes unstuck a bit because it perhaps leaves it open for individual interpretation.

I am not certain how "sufficient evidence" is defined, But either way, one must assume here that the video ref must have thought there was not enough evidence to sufficiently prove that the ball did not touch the chalk in the original movement.

I've watched it several times now and it looks to me there was enough evidence to overturn, but clearly the video ref did not agree.

Haha, has Des Hasler would say " They should've gone to specsavers" HAHA

- - - Updated - - -

Double Movement

‘a tackled player’s momentum carries him into the opponents’ in-goal where he grounds 
the ball even if the ball has first touched the ground in the field of play’. Section 6 (3) (c)

Haha, has Des Hasler would say " They should've gone to specsavers" HAHA

sorry, posted this in the wrong thread:
picks from here on in?

i've been a big nq fan this year. So long as the are injury free i reckon they will be extremely hard to stop and would be my favs to win the ***le. Jt is obviously class, but with granville and in particular morgan they just have so many options on attack. I'm picking them to beat melbourne and face brisbane in the final although the chooks broncs game will be a close one. Is pearce back for that game and is everyone healthy on the broncos roster? I hope so cause that game could be a classic!

boom!!!

Latest posts