• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2013 NRL - Official Discussion Thread

Broncos have chalked up a much needed win over the Tigers. Corey Parker and Ben Hannant were dominant up front while Josh Hoffman bagged a double.

In other news, Blake Ferguson has decided to flush his career down the tube, for the time being anyway, after being charged with indecent assault today following an incident on Sunday.

As a result, the NRL has suspended Ferguson's registration. It is likely Ferguson will be shown the door by the Raiders, which have previously also sacked high profile players Todd Carney and Josh Dugan.

Ferguson will miss next Wednesday's State of Origin match.

The Broncos had a good game but the Tigers are not really the team they should be this season.

The Broncos had a good game but the Tigers are not really the team they should be this season.

I have to disagree boko. Unfortunately the Wests Tigers are decimated with injuries across the entire squad and up to 2/3 of their first choice squad being ruled out at any one time. Even now there are 11 current injuries with 8 of those being first XIII players.

I would say the Tigers are the exact team they should be given the current state of affairs. In fact, they are lucky to have an extra win up their sleeve than the Eels.

Last edited:
Well it's worth the discussion Melon. They've won 2 games early in the season before the plethora of injuries started. And I have to admit that they don't have it easy this season but they did manage to squeeze in a win at R11 & R13 (while having some injured players). I just want to say that they had to win some more games during the earlier rounds when they still had there full squad. Depending on the situation they are indeed lucky to hold this position on the table.

HEy, does anyone know if Tauvasa-Sheck has pledged his allegiance? Dude is impressive. Too bad rugby union couldn't nab him.

Lets put it this way - he calls "it" a "chilly bin" rather than an"esky":p
lol ok. (Had to google that :p "cheeeps" and "chups" would've been easier for my Neanderthallic mind to comprehend! haha)

Thanks for that though.

Yet another NRL player has been charged over the past week.

This time it's George Burgess (Rabbitohs). He's been charged with two counts of willful damage after throwing a street sign through the back window of a car in Cairns.

The kids don't seem to realise the wicket with which they've been blessed. I fully understand they are young men who routinely do dumb things but they don't quite seem to grasp their responsibilities. Sure, get drunk and get reprimanded by the club, but for ****s sake, don't go getting in a car with mates, assault someone or damage the property of others.

I step out for a few months and WOW, look at the place!

"LET'S GONE WARRIORS!"

Bill Tupou singed for the Raiders with immediate start of his contract till the end of the season +2014 and 2015 he will also play for them. another big loss for the Auckland men. Now watching the Warriors - Broncos game :)

What a win by the Warriors. they nearly blew it but luckily the Broncos missed their kick.

Bill Tupou singed for the Raiders with immediate start of his contract till the end of the season +2014 and 2015 he will also play for them. another big loss for the Auckland men. Now watching the Warriors - Broncos game :)

I didn't think it would be that big. But given Manu's injury - we may need him back :eek:

Nevermind 5 in a Row. Now we gotta take on the Bunnies!!!

[h=1]Benji Marshall of Wests Tigers approached over code switch[/h]• Wests Tigers star contracted until 2015
• Fairfax reports meeting with Blues coach
Benji Marshall is being targeted by the Blues rugby coach Sir John Kirwan.
Kirwan met Marshall's manager Martin Tauber last week to sound out his chances of bringing the Wests Tigers playmaker to the Super Rugbyclub, Fairfax reported on Sunday.
"It was just an initial talk to see how serious he was about moving torugby union," Kirwan said.
On Friday, Wests Tigers captain Robbie Farah moved to allay fears that his team-mate Marshall may be on the move, insisting the NRLsuperstar isn't going anywhere.
Marshall's ongoing contract negotiations have become one of the league's biggest sagas, with speculation including that former Golden Boot winner could be switching codes to join the NSW Waratahs.
Farah said the issue has been blown out of proportion.
"He's still here for another two years," he insisted.
Marshall is contracted to the Tigers until 2015 but has a clause in his contract allowing him to renegotiate with the club once the salary cap increases.
Tauber is said to have met Tigers officials on Friday afternoon where the parties discussed the club's offer to upgrade his contract for the next two seasons.

I also read an article about him joining the Warriors for three years for 3 Million $. If he would leave the Tiger he should join a NZ based team, whatever code he will be playing.

He'd be wasted in Union - especially in a place like the Blues. It would take a good coach maybe a year to turn his current skills into any use in an all round 15 man game.

And he'd only want to do union for the 7's...

Personally, I'd rather he not come to the Warriors. I'd throw that money at Kieran Foran or alot more at Cooper Cronk.

If he would join the warriors, it would mean that more or less the core would be united at Auckland and it would crete perfect chances to train and develop the national side a bit more.

Might just be me but I think this is a huge week in the season, lots of teams need to step up their game before the last Origin bye week. Broncos, Cowboys, Tigers and Panthers can't afford to fall much further back.

The table is such a logjam at the moment the Eels are the only team that are certainly out of it with only 6 points and Dragons look not much better but only 4 points seperate the ***ans(16) in 4th and the Tigers(12) in 14th. No one in the mid table has been able to develop much continuity or they have been decent squads that are ripped apart with injuries and Origin absenses.

Got a couple of good ones up tommorow Storm vs. Broncos and Sharks vs. Tigers.

For me the big game is Sunday Rabbitohs vs Warriors. despite the result it should be a very good game

Huge Storm win and Sharks held on to that big first half lead....could be it for the Tigers, I think they needed to build on their recent momentum. Broncos look terrible right now, nothing going right possibly the biggest dissapointment of the seaspn.

Latest posts