• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2014 EOYT] England v Samoa

Yarde stuffs it up.....is he really international class I ask?

I feel much more disappointed with this game than in our previous two defeats.

I feel much more disappointed with this game than in our previous two defeats.

Barnes just said the same thing, said win but they actually played poorer.

Thought there were glimpses of some good rugby, still have issues at 9, and the quality of ball the backs are getting.

Think they are trying to play too much Ruby without the platform to play it.

Last edited:
Farrell's stats are plain embarrassing this week.

His total contribution was: 1 kick, 7 passes, 1 run. 7 meters run. 5 tackles, 1 missed. 1 penalty given away.

Most of the passes were passes an amateur could make. On May's second try, Farrell's pass disrupted the flow of the attack (Brown had to adjust his position to receive the ball) that it nearly broke down the attack. Not enough tackles made for a 12 for me, nor the aggression I would like from a 12. He brought nada to this game. The missed tackle was absolutely atrocious (and not a missed tackle that funnelled the player into another tackler, a missed tackle that led to a clean break). As anonymous a performance from 12 as I've seen in a long time. Not a 12, never should be picked there again. And since Ford showed more in attack in one game than Farrell has in the whole year, Farrell shouldn't be picked at 10 either. He's the weak link of our backline.

Last edited:
Different SH and different centres and I think tha could have gone differently.

Last edited:
Definitely.
Those three and Nowell, Roko and an in form Yarde is quite a strong group.

Hopefully the calls for Strettle and Ashton will be more muted in the future.

Definitely.
Those three and Nowell, Roko and an in form Yarde is quite a strong group.

Hopefully the calls for Strettle and Ashton will be more muted in the future.

And wade.

I feel abit glum about this result/performance as it feels like we've gone backwards. Under Johnson we played some attractive rugby at times followed up with a lot of indiscipline. Both Barritt and Farrell were poor in my opinion. Did hodgson say in the week he was a tad skeptical by it?

I think we have found the centres, Eastmond and Tuilagi, we just need to get them back fit again. I really, really do wish we'd look at Slade too though.

Scrum-half is much more difficult. I don't think there is a realistic solution. Just hope for an upturn in Care's form.

And wade.
I feel abit glum about this result/performance as it feels like we've gone backwards. Under Johnson we played some attractive rugby at times followed up with a lot of indiscipline. Both Barritt and Farrell were poor in my opinion. Did hodgson say in the week he was a tad skeptical by it?

No, his words were taken out of context by ****ty journos.

Still, I agree that Farrell and Barritt were not good at all.

Wade not a wing option for me. We have May, Roko, Watson, Nowell and Yarde, Wade's not in that bracket.

Last edited:
Farrell's stats are plain embarrassing this week.

His total contribution was: 1 kick, 7 passes, 1 run. 7 meters run. 5 tackles, 1 missed. 1 penalty given away.

Those stats are in keeping with the normal England 12's to be fair.

Don't think he did much wrong, didn't do much right, nice masked pass on the 1st May try, otherwise things just didn't really work today - poor tackle to miss Pisi (too high), but he had already gone through Morgan as well.

Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if Farrell plays 12 against Australia next week you know.

I really, really do wish we'd look at Slade too though.

i'd liked to have seen Slade play, really rate him, was calling for him to go on the NZ tour over Cip's & Myler.

Wade not a wing option for me. We have May, Roko, Watson, Nowell and Yarde, Wade's not in that bracket.[/FONT]

Agreed, i don't think he's ever really going to break through.

Last edited:
Aww shieeet mayn, Monny Jay scowed a dub. Dayum dawg, maybe dat cat ain't no headless chicken after all. shieeeeeet
Money J, mayn.

Yarde was atrocious. That chance near the end, he decided to head inside, before going outside, where he would have skinned the bloke, but gave the defender enough time and space to make to make the tackle. I can only assume that he's not normally a winger. Any decent one would have scored that.

I know it's abit left field but Cook at bath doesn't look like a bad scrum half and ford would know him so it could help.

Those stats are in keeping with the normal England 12's to be fair.

i'd liked to have seen Slade play, really rate him, was calling for him to go on the NZ tour over Cip's & Myler.

Just because England have been poor at 12 over the past few year doesn't mean we should accept poorish performances . Although Farrell at 12 MAY be better with tuilagi or burrell at 13.

Can't see what Slade does that makes him better than Cipriani tbh he may be slightly better in defence but a long way back in attack imo . Anyway that's not really the issue . Cipriani is not in the squad and I thought ford played really well yesterday . Our biggest battle will be getting ford a shot against top tier opposition with some of our better centres in . Don't forget we had Eastmond, Tuilagi, Burrell all injured and 36 only just back and not in great form

Anyway I don't think the problem is playing personnel the biggest problem we have is no attacks coach if I was in charge of the RFU I would be on the phone to Wayne Smith telling him to name his price . We need some kiwi influence in the backs . We have the skill levels just there is no cohesion at all !

Get Smith in and tell him he can pick the backline as long as he gets them playing I think he'd have it going inside a few matches .....

Last edited:

Latest posts