• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2014 EOYT] France vs Australia

@***uslechmakus no this win is clearly no mistake. Have you seen the full match, the full 80minutes ? We were clearly on top the entire match, should've had some calls that never came including at least one yellow, worked through the phases, dominated up front, our defense was immense and put them under pressure, tremendous error-making pressure at times, one of their tries was only possible because of Teddy Thomas again they just went in so easy. We blew a couple of sure tries with the forwards 5m from the line. We had actual attacking form, not just individual initiative like usually, our ruck/phase work had continuity unlike during the tour of Australia, it was only close because Australia played a great last 10min 15 against 14...etc..etc...

Definitely not a mistake or a fluke, it's a confirmation of the Fiji game in fact. Whether this form we're on will turn out to be ephemeral or not is the question, but whether this form is accidental is not a question. And there's lots to work on still, and we were missing some key guys who were to make a difference: imagine Trinh-Duc+Lopez, an on-form Parra back, Picamoles, Burban, Dulin, etc...and even Guitoune although I wouldn't know where to put him !..

France were superb this weekend, and I am a bigbig fan of Spedding.

@***uslechmakus no this win is clearly no mistake. Have you seen the full match, the full 80minutes ? We were clearly on top the entire match, should've had some calls that never came including at least one yellow, worked through the phases, dominated up front, our defense was immense and put them under pressure, tremendous error-making pressure at times, one of their tries was only possible because of Teddy Thomas again they just went in so easy. We blew a couple of sure tries with the forwards 5m from the line. We had actual attacking form, not just individual initiative like usually, our ruck/phase work had continuity unlike during the tour of Australia, it was only close because Australia played a great last 10min 15 against 14...etc..etc...

Definitely not a mistake or a fluke, it's a confirmation of the Fiji game in fact. Whether this form we're on will turn out to be ephemeral or not is the question, but whether this form is accidental is not a question. And there's lots to work on still, and we were missing some key guys who were to make a difference: imagine Trinh-Duc+Lopez, an on-form Parra back, Picamoles, Burban, Dulin, etc...and even Guitoune although I wouldn't know where to put him !..

haha yeah we actually did, what a crazy miracle :p

Well, as a lot of French, you have a short memory ! Remember the 33-6 to these same Aussies 2 years ago ! And then what a crap 6N !!! Surtout pas d'enflamade, on est toujours aussi nul !!!

Well, as a lot of French, you have a short memory ! Remember the 33-6 to these same Aussies 2 years ago ! And then what a crap 6N !!! Surtout pas d'enflamade, on est toujours aussi nul !!!

Et bien avec les supporteurs qu'ont à ont se demande vraiment pourquoi! c'est pas pour rien que les joueur et le staff on pas confiance en eux!

You need to get behind your team every once and a while mate! Let's take these wins and have a little faith! If we criticise them when they're crap and criticise them even when they're good then they may as well give up now ey?!

Et bien avec les supporteurs qu'ont à ont se demande vraiment pourquoi!  c'est pas pour rien que les joueur et le staff on pas confiance en eux!

You need to get behind your team every once and a while mate! Let's take these wins and have a little faith! If we criticise them when they're crap and criticise them even when they're good then they may as well give up now ey?!

That's right mate, sorry ! I had soooo much of a hope when PSA was nominated, and got soooo disapointed by his incompetence aftewards that I keep being defeastist ...

That's right mate, sorry ! I had soooo much of a hope when PSA was nominated, and got soooo disapointed by his incompetence aftewards that I keep being defeastist ...

I remember when he came in I thought he was going to revolutionize French Rugby. The 2012 6N weren't a success, but after the Test 1 loss in Arg, what followed that year was just awe-inspiring. Putting 50 on the Argies who had some real int'l talent (not like their next two summers), destroying Australia in every possible way, smashing the Pumas again, holding off a surging Samoan side (best they ever put out, probably). Saint-André would say at the interviews "we have to not be French, meaning we have to string wins together and not be inconsistent". That made me so happy at the time. He'd brought Michalak back at 10, Nyanga back, tried some new faces like Machenaud, Dulin...and everything he did was working to perfection. We'd clinched the 4th spot in the world rankings and insured being head of a pool for the 2015 RWC.

We were scoring tries against the Wallabies and keeping them try-less, we were putting pressure on the Pumas at scrum time...everything was looking beautiful.

And then 2013 happened :D we all realized very quickly there was no game plan and what that staff really was.

Can someone explain why Tales got a yellow at the end of the game last week? I'm not saying it was a good or bad call I just genuinely didn't see...

if i remember well, he had his hand in a loose scrum using it illegally trying to bring the ball back to the French side, and as the Aussies were putting enormous pressure on us near the line it seemed only right for the Ref to award the penalty and a yellow, as there had been a good few mins of Aussie pressure, and the French were struggling to hang on to that very small margin of a lead always difficult to see from the tele but i think it was that.

I remember when he came in I thought he was going to revolutionize French Rugby. The 2012 6N weren't a success, but after the Test 1 loss in Arg, what followed that year was just awe-inspiring. Putting 50 on the Argies who had some real int'l talent (not like their next two summers), destroying Australia in every possible way, smashing the Pumas again, holding off a surging Samoan side (best they ever put out, probably). Saint-André would say at the interviews "we have to not be French, meaning we have to string wins together and not be inconsistent". That made me so happy at the time. He'd brought Michalak back at 10, Nyanga back, tried some new faces like Machenaud, Dulin...and everything he did was working to perfection. We'd clinched the 4th spot in the world rankings and insured being head of a pool for the 2015 RWC.

We were scoring tries against the Wallabies and keeping them try-less, we were putting pressure on the Pumas at scrum time...everything was looking beautiful.

And then 2013 happened :D we all realized very quickly there was no game plan and what that staff really was.

It was well know in the FFR that PSA, was selected for his comm ability, Noves, Galthie etc did not want the post at the time and there was no one else who could be offred the job, he had little sucess with Toulon and a Premiership win with Sale apart from that not a lot, the FFR is run by them and them alone not PSA, he talks a good show and that was bascially why they gave him the job, try asking Pelous anything about the selection committee, he just moves on to another suject, this is just another reason why the Noves or Galthie of this world would never have the keys to the FFR on their keyrings, Galthie may one day get the job but France would have to slump into many defeats and changes at the top would have to happen, too many problems maybe for this to happen, but sometimes desperate situations require desperate measures. He still has to prove a few things with Montpellier before he can move on to newer and higher pastures.

So maybe the best thing that could happen to French rugby would have to be Laporte at the presidency of FFR ! Make things change !

Lopez's performance (the good, and some mediocre):

[video=dailymotion;x2akoxj]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2akoxj_camille-lopez-s-installe-chez-les-bleus_sport?start=1[/video]

Made 11 tackles. He really looks like he's going to be one hell of a flyhalf for us, he didn't even play a very good game compared to what he does every single weekend at Clermont.

Lopez's performance (the good, and some mediocre):

[video=dailymotion;x2akoxj]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2akoxj_camille-lopez-s-installe-chez-les-bleus_sport?start=1[/video]

Made 11 tackles. He really looks like he's going to be one hell of a flyhalf for us, he didn't even play a very good game compared to what he does every single weekend at Clermont.

Will certainly depend if PSA keeps changing his FH all the time or not ...

3/3 for France. Argentina has the ability to get under France's skin but I just have a feeling there is an urgency and will to this outfit that hasn't been there before from what I've seen in quite a while.

So maybe the best thing that couI haved happen to French rugby would have to be Laporte at the presidency of FFR ! Make things change !

That is just a dream Bernie has just about as much chance as i, far too many suits in Paris who want to keep their little portions of power to let Bernie be in charge.

Lopez.. FTD.. Bernard..Plisson... plenty of quality choices at 10

FFR cleverly let the media lead a pointless debate over foreigners to deflect from real issues i.e. their own incompetence

The best 10 in the league are in their overwhelming majority French, except for Giteau

The best scorer in Top 14 Pierre Bernard has yet to be capped! Ask Bordeaux fan what they think of PSA......

These guys have always been around - they were either overlooked (FTD) forgotten (Bernard) or long term injured (Lopez)

we don't any fecking foreigners!

That is just a dream Bernie has just about as much chance as i, far too many suits in Paris who want to keep their little portions of power to let Bernie be in charge.

Can't see Laporte winning it. How do you beat the combined forces of the Politburo & the Parisian mafia?
The job will go to Blanco. He's already Vice president. The President of FFR Vice.

Lopez.. FTD.. Bernard..Plisson... plenty of quality choices at 10

...Talès, Michalak....:rolleyes:

But you forget Wisniewski, who for me is better than Bernard and has changed the shape of Grenoble this year. More poised and better decision making than the young Bernard, who's still got some erratic spells momentarily. Very, very underrated 10. If not for super talents Lopez and Trinh-Duc, I'd like Wisn for France.

...Talès, Michalak....:rolleyes:

But you forget Wisniewski, who for me is better than Bernard and has changed the shape of Grenoble this year. More poised and better decision making than the young Bernard, who's still got some erratic spells momentarily. Very, very underrated 10. If not for super talents Lopez and Trinh-Duc, I'd like Wisn for France.

yes I like Wisniesky. Promising youngster who is showing his ability to run a backline at Grenoble. He was wasted at Racing. Scored a national record tally in his last game. That's 6 FRENCH FLYHAVES true Frenchmen raised from the breast of a true French mother with French milk

this makes a mockery of all the media claptrap about foreigners in our league. What a a load of bolliX

Wait till les Bleus lose again (true to form :lol:) and same muppets will be tripping all over themselves about the foreigners blablabla..........

yes I like Wisniesky. Promising youngster who is showing his ability to run a backline at Grenoble. He was wasted at Racing. Scored a national record tally in his last game. That's 6 FRENCH FLYHAVES true Frenchmen raised from the breast of a true French mother with French milk

this makes a mockery of all the media claptrap about foreigners in our league. What a a load of bolliX

Wait till les Bleus lose again (true to form :lol:) and same muppets will be tripping all over themselves about the foreigners blablabla..........

Well please PSA, leave Winiewski where he is ! No need to see him in Bleu ! He's revolutionized our backline game this year with Charles McLeod and Ratini, so leave him alone, we could not stand without him now ! I know he's good (don't know if it is enough for les Bleus).

Do they argue that it's lack of French players in the league or the fact that the younger players don't get the exposure early enough and don't develop as quick as other nations? The latter remains to be an issue that hasn't been disproved for me, out half being the obvious exception. That and the fact that a lot of French club rugby is played in a style completely different to international rugby would be the issues within the Top14 for me.

They can't develop at Intl level if they don't get picked. It's a selectorial issue. So this falls back with FFR (again!) not the clubs

your bait about the style in Top 14 is a tad obvious...I won't bite as you don't watch our league...

Latest posts