• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2014 EOYT] Scotland vs Argentina

Big Ewis jinxed us yet one more time.

wasn't aware I was on a streak !! :D ai ai ai...I'll try to be less present next time !...

You could see his influence. He has moulded them around his Clermont model, no real recognised 7 but all big guys who can carry into traffic. He constantly has a winger near a ruck on the scrum halfs shoulder, Laidlaw is very similar to Parra. The only thing he needs now is a big scrum to build his back play on.

Right, good points. Will watch and see for myself. This is very good for Scotland, very nice result despite the Pumas not being full strength.

Nothing went good for the Pumas, but only because for themselves: hey can blame no one. Now, all of the new guys and the veterans must gather and realize this is international rugby, nd bring boys to do men's work sometimes just doesn't come off well.

Solid victory for Scotland, very good work and congrats to them, they were better and deserved it.

and lets see if Landajo gets out of here finally lol

We must require our players but soccer supporters have no authority to review about rugby. They are ignorant, they are happy when the Pumas lose because are the upper middle class team for them. They say silly things
They have a biased opinion. But the true is we didnt win anything in soccer in the last 21 years.
The times are gonna change in rugby, they are going to came better times. We have to be happy with that.
And people will came to learn about rugby and we cannot be closed with them. We need a bigger base.
There gonna be stupid people that is going to support because a victory but there is gonna be people that will open the eyes to the rugby as a beautiful sport and we need them.

back from a game and that was one off scotlands best i think, just no reason for jim hamiliton to come on with richie gray playing so well

back from a game and that was one off scotlands best i think, just no reason for jim hamiliton to come on with richie gray playing so well

i watched the game and thought scotland were good value for the win. I wasn't even going to watch it, was going to watch the Ireland game but somehow the scotland game ended up on and as i'm half scottish i stuck with it... and really enjoyed how they were trying to play.

long way to go, but it seems cotter is having a positive impact from the off.

btw i was so surprised with Ross Ford performance tonight, Laidlaw deserves man off the match, started conceding when we started getting players sin binned.

I really liked the way they wanted to play. I could see them being a really tough team come the RWC.

agreed. Their back three is excellent, and they are assembling a young and dynamic midfield.

also after todays game im really confident that scotland will definitely be in the quarter finals, especially if italy can beat samoa today ;)

Right some points about this game
The forward pack in the loose was brilliant. They finally had a real direction and it created try scoring chances. It was so powerful and Ashe is a brilliant find, I normally over react but this guy was incredible with carrying and he hit.HARD. Him and Denton in the same backrow could be incredible with a fetcher. Scrum time was poor but then no one will look good against the Argentina scrum. Half backs were incredible and played went it was on and when it wasn't iit went 50 yards down field, Laidlaw should have gone on the Lions tour IMO (thought that at the time as well). Centres didn't really have a great game but then it wasn't dreadful, 6.5/10's. Back three were good but I just don't rate Maitland, I prefer Visser by a long way.

After this game I would play
1.Grant 2.Ford 3.Murray 4.Gray 5.Gray 6.Denton 7.Cowan 8.Ashe 9.Laidlaw 10.Russell 11.Visser 12.Scott 13.Bennett 14.Seymour 15.Hogg

no Maitland? I thought he was excellent.
I just dont rate him. He looks okay in the small games but doesn't deliver when it matters IMO. He also doesn't score tries, Visser does and he doesn't just get the easy ones. If Scotland play like they did today then you want a finisher then there is no comparison between the 2. Though I might be mad as I rate Visser as one of the best in the world at going across the whitewash. Try scoring records compared
-Visser has 7/14 for Scotland and 60/103 for Edinburgh
-Maitland has2/14 for Scotland 23/54 for Crusaders and 9/30. In a powerful team he will score tries because of his pace but he doesn't really have an X factor

Scotland 41-31. Argentina where crap though and it should have been more, Scotland were 41-17 up at the 71st minute mark but they lost concentration and yellow cards.

First time I've left Murrayfield with a bit of optimism, very very pleased with the first 60 minutes or so. The Gray boys had a stormer, hopefully that's Jim Hamilton's last game in a Scotland shirt. Just need to cut out the poor defence towards the end. I'm also still confused about Harley's yellow, he didn't touch the lifters, did he?

Harley didn't touch the lifter, but the jumper did fall fast so I can understand the call being wrong in real time. Less so with the TMO...

Most excited I've been by Scotland in years! Players I've had doubts about - Gray, Ford, Laidlaw - all put in performances close to their best. I'm sure this won't last (NZ next week!) but chuffed tonight!

Well good luck to Scotland.

I have a soft spot for the scottish. Win or lose, they will support the national team at Edinburgh all the tima against the SANZAR nations.

Good bunch of fans.

Time to update the injured list:

Fernández Lobbe, Leguizamón, Matera, Macome, Báez, Creevey, Camacho, Galarza, Alemanno, Postiglioni, Figallo, Bustos Moyano career seems to be over... am I leaving someone out?

Harley didn't touch the lifter, but the jumper did fall fast so I can understand the call being wrong in real time. Less so with the TMO...

Most excited I've been by Scotland in years! Players I've had doubts about - Gray, Ford, Laidlaw - all put in performances close to their best. I'm sure this won't last (NZ next week!) but chuffed tonight!
Laidlaw has been fantastic for Gloucester this season.

Latest posts