Super%20Rugby.png

Loftus Versveld, Pretoria

140401043934749262.png
Versus%20Super.png
Cheetahs.png

17:05 CAT

Teams:

Bulls: TBA

Cheetahs: Caylib Oosthuizen, Adriaan Strauss, Max van Dyk, Andries Ferreira, Francois Uys, Heinrich Brussow, Jean Cook, Boom Prinsloo, Sarel Pretorius, Elgar Watts, Willie le Roux, Rayno Benjamin, Johann Sadie, Raymond Rhule, Hennie Daniller

Reserves: Torsten van Jaarsveld, Trevor Nyakane, Coenie Oosthuizen, Ligtoring Landman, Teboho Mohoje, Shaun Venter, Johan Goosen, Cornal Hendricks

Last edited:
Bulls need to get back to winning ways back at home if there is to be a 2nd SA team in the play-offs as the Lions won't be making a serious bid and the Stormers and Cheetahs can only beat each other seemingly.

The Cheetahs have nothing to lose at this stage and they are a dangerous team in that frame of mind and the Bulls are not quite there yet; their hay-day form even if they getting better results than what one would expect but at home you have to back the Bulls.

Bulls need to get back to winning ways back at home if there is to be a 2nd SA team in the play-offs as the Lions won't be making a serious bid and the Stormers and Cheetahs can only beat each other seemingly.

The Cheetahs have nothing to lose at this stage and they are a dangerous team in that frame of mind and the Bulls are not quite there yet; their hay-day form even if they getting better results than what one would expect but at home you have to back the Bulls.

I hope things gets better back home! The Cheetahs did beat the Bulls in the 2nd round this year in Bloem, and I fear they could do it again, as Loftus is a happy hunting ground for the Cheetahs.

I hope Jono Ross got on a different plane than the rest of the Bulls on their way home... Hopefully it was a Malaysian Airplane...

I hope things gets better back home! The Cheetahs did beat the Bulls in the 2nd round this year in Bloem, and I fear they could do it again, as Loftus is a happy hunting ground for the Cheetahs.

I hope Jono Ross got on a different plane than the rest of the Bulls on their way home... Hopefully it was a Malaysian Airplane...

... I wish I'd read this before I put my Superbru picks in ... I would have thought the Bulls would take this, being a home game and all

... My spidie senses are detecting a subtle, subliminal type feeling that you are not a Jono Ross fan, Heineken :)

EDIT:- Cheetahs side named as per Australia's Fox Sport Website http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/super-rugby/line-ups

Caylib Oosthuizen, Adriaan Strauss, Max van Dyk, Andries Ferreira, Francois Uys, Heinrich Brussow, Jean Cook, Boom Prinsloo, Sarel Pretorius, Elgar Watts, Willie le Roux, Rayno Benjamin, Johann Sadie, Raymond Rhule, Hennie Daniller

Reserves: Torsten van Jaarsveld, Trevor Nyakane, Coenie Oosthuizen, Ligtoring Landman, Teboho Mohoje, Shaun Venter, Johan Goosen, Cornal Hendricks

... Good to see Johan Goosen and Connie Oosthuizen back on the bench

Last edited:
... I wish I'd read this before I put my Superbru picks in ... I would have thought the Bulls would take this, being a home game and all

... My spidie senses are detecting a subtle, subliminal type feeling that you are not a Jono Ross fan, Heineken :)

EDIT:- Cheetahs side named as per Australia's Fox Sport Website http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/super-rugby/line-ups

Caylib Oosthuizen, Adriaan Strauss, Max van Dyk, Andries Ferreira, Francois Uys, Heinrich Brussow, Jean Cook, Boom Prinsloo, Sarel Pretorius, Elgar Watts, Willie le Roux, Rayno Benjamin, Johann Sadie, Raymond Rhule, Hennie Daniller

... Good to see Johan Goosen and Connie Oosthuizen back on the bench

That team has made me even more nervous. And if Cornal Hendricks comes on like he did last week, the Bulls are in for a torrid time.

I am not a Jono Ross fan. He's not a fetcher, a flanker or a carrier. he's dead weight! surely there has to be a fetcher in the Greater Pretoria area that can make a better attempt than Ross.

I just don't know what is going on in the Bulls camp. There is no more belief like there was at the start of the season.

This could be that type of game that we say afterwards:

- Obviously the Cheetahs are playing with ball in hand again - result expected
- Obviously the Bulls just needed to sort a few things out to regain form and at at home - result expected

Here's the Bulls side for the match: http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/Super15/Weekend-teams-20110203

Bulls
15. Jurgen Visser, 14. Akona Ndungane, 13. William Small-Smith, 12. Jan Serfontein, 11. Bjorn Basson, 10. Handré Pollard, 9. Francois Hougaard, 8. Grant Hattingh, 7. Jacques du Plessis, 6. Jono Ross, 5. Victor Matfield (captain), 4. Paul Willemse, 3. Marcel van der Merwe, 2. Callie Visagie, 1. Dean Greyling

Substitutes: 16. Bongi Mbonambi, 17. Morné Mellett, 18. Werner Kruger, 19. Jacques Engelbrecht, 20. Wimpie van der Walt, 21. Rudy Paige, 22. Jacques-Louis Potgieter, 23. JJ Engelbrecht

Why Jacques-Louis Potgieter isn't in the start lineup?

Young Pollard got the backline going much better off the bench last week and is being rewarded with a start.

Ok, and what about the kicks? Is a good kicker, the young Pollard?

Cheers

Well, I missed the game because I had to be at a wedding, and there was no bar or tv! Bit of a kak wedding actually.

Anyways, glad to see we won, at one stage I checked on my phone, as one of my friend's was sending me updates, and it was 18-9 in favour of the Cheetahs. I thought right there that we'd lose again.

And then the next few messages came through, all bringing up points for the Bulls.

It doesn't get any easier for the Bulls though, as they next play the Stormers at home...

Latest posts