• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 Super Rugby: Round 12 - Melbourne Rebels V Sharks

Mvovu a great find at 15. Can see him play for the Boks there and Willie le Roux back at wing.
The way that Frans Steyn kick the ball, they will have to change it half time like in cricket ;)

I don't know why they don't give Steyn the goal kicking duties all of the time, to be honest

He is suppose to be the distance king and Lambie is rated a better kicker.
Wonder what the averages indicate

He is suppose to be the distance king and Lambie is rated a better kicker.
Wonder what the averages indicate

Yeah, but with Lambie out, you would think he would have taken on the goal kicking duties ... I know the other 10's kick too

Luke Jones should be in the Wallabies this season - he is currently the form lock in Australia in my opinion (as I type this he gets held up and hence the ball gets turned over...).

Yeah, but with Lambie out, you would think he would have taken on the goal kicking duties ... I know the other 10's kick too

Well he is the 10 now, happy and kicking ;)

Luke Jones should be in the Wallabies this season - he is currently the form lock in Australia in my opinion (as I type this he gets held up and hence the ball gets turned over...).

I thought he was a little small for an international lock ... he's 6' 5" and 111 kgs ... but Horwill is 6' 7" and 117 kgs, so he's probably big enough

I thought he was a little small for an international lock ... he's 6' 5" and 111 kgs ... but Horwill is 6' 7" and 117 kgs, so he's probably big enough

Yeah his size may count against him to some degree. He looks quite slim, but he is a very strong ball runner (in this match alone he has already run 40m from 10 runs.... over twice as much as the next Rebels forward). He does his job at lineout too, and is very mobile (as he had played a lot at 6).

Anyways... good try by the Sharks.... apart from the blatant forward pass at the end!

45 running meters, 2 defenders beaten, 1 offload, 7 tackles but 3 turnovers conceded - this far

Good win on tour Sharks, closer than I thought at the end

Fell asleep around the hour mark, geez whiz Lees was annoying! We played with more pace, but still lacking accuracy. Zeilinga will hopefully be eased back into starting, and perhaps we can give Steyn and a few others a rest over the next few matches.

Rebels would have won if the they could hold onto the ball, some great counter attack from them.

Can't believe the Sharks didn't get a player sent of for collapsing the rolling maul, Pauliasi Manu was given a yellow card for the same thing against the Rebels.

Rebels would have won if the they could hold onto the ball, some great counter attack from them.

Can't believe the Sharks didn't get a player sent of for collapsing the rolling maul, Pauliasi Manu was given a yellow card for the same thing against the Rebels.

I don't think the ref had his greatest night TBH ... some pretty bad decisions effecting both teams ... having said that, I think the result went the right way

Well it wasn't a bad night, good mix of sharks fans in the crowd and the weather forecast was completely wrong, supposed to be rain yesterday and today but only had a few showers now the sun is shining. The ref sucked and cocked up badly, I don't think he was biased towards one team, he just had a shocker. Higginbotham was average again and Jones and Woodward were good. McMahon made a good impact when he came on, broke through a few of big SA forwards, solid effort for his age. Its the first time I'd seen Steyn live and I was expecting him to be thumping the ball into the crowd, has he lost His kicking range? I don't recall the PT incident but it happened up the other end, I had no clear view and I also don't recall it being replayed, it seemed like a non-event at the ground.

I don't think the ref had his greatest night TBH ... some pretty bad decisions effecting both teams ... having said that, I think the result went the right way

Yeah after watching a good standard of referring in the Blues game it was a bit hard to watch the poor quality in the Rebels game, yeah the rebels were there own worst enemies and the ref made bad calls both ways.

Latest posts