• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 U20 Six Nations

Haha the tackling wasn't great but it was still an impressive run! He showed some nice acceleration to get away from each speed bump. Also the way he powered through the second tackle. He kept pumping the legs till the guy couldn't hold on any longer.

Nothing exciting from the Irish crop although Byrne and Kelleher did well.

Well winners not yet decided but damn, England with a points difference of 158 and 31 tries! That's ridiculous.

Well winners not yet decided but damn, England with a points difference of 158 and 31 tries! That's ridiculous.

Suggests either,

We have an incredible crop of young talent coming through for post 2015.

The defense in the U20 outside of England is a bit poo.

Or a bit of both.

Suggests either,

We have an incredible crop of young talent coming through for post 2015.

The defense in the U20 outside of England is a bit poo.

Or a bit of both.

I think they are a good group there's a handful that have had caps in the AP not sure if itoje has played for sarries yet but he's impressed me the most . Great maturity as captain for his age

Not quite the same overall quality as last year from what I can tell, but there are a couple of really good players.
That's the same with most U20's teams though.

Our setup has been very good in the last few years though.
Part of this is down the the system itself getting better.
But I also think it's partly a result of the 2003 RWC - we may see the quality dip slightly in the next few years.

Not quite the same overall quality as last year from what I can tell, but there are a couple of really good players.

But I also think it's partly a result of the 2003 RWC - we may see the quality dip slightly in the next few years.

Unless 2015 goes as well as hoped :D Tbh we have been doing well at U20 for ages yet it so rarely translates to the senior team. Makes me wonder what goes wrong between the 2? Having said that a lot of our current squad are products of good U20's and it seems to be finally going well.

Watching the Ireland game, Ireland are absolutely TERRIBLE at the breakdown. They are getting pushed off ball when they even have an advantage in numbers.

Last edited:
French did it ! A deserved Grandslam after the victory over a courageous and realistic irish side. 23-13.

French U20 should have secured the match far before the end... Poor refereeing (for both sides) has even denied the French a penalty try evident (tackle without ball in the try zone).

Congratulations to this french side. Well balanced ahead and behind.

Then after all, the french academies aren't that bad even with too much foreigners in top 14.

I personally think it's more to do with the setup than the RWC win we did well in the 2007 cup too . A fair few players are getting chances at international level from u20 now Lancaster is in charge Farrell, Ford, Nowell and Watson for example . If a few of these lads show similar promise the future will be bright

French did it ! A deserved Grandslam after the victory over a courageous and realistic irish side. 23-13.

French U20 should have secured the match far before the end... Poor refereeing (for both sides) has even denied the French a penalty try evident (tackle without ball in the try zone).

Congratulations to this french side. Well balanced ahead and behind.

Then after all, the french academies aren't that bad even with too much foreigners in top 14.

the little bit of positiveness. Knowing we have really good talent, and that it can be coached well enough to win things...a Grand Slam, damn. :)

K so now let's send either them or our women out tomorrow against Ireland.

the little bit of positiveness. Knowing we have really good talent, and that it can be coached well enough to win things...a Grand Slam, damn. :)

K so now let's send either them or our women out tomorrow against Ireland.

Superb from women and u20s. Hope you win tomorrow too ;)

aaaaaah, haha, I'll bet you do you sneaky basterd !!!!
err, I mean. Fair play, nice. Thank you.

Haha ! That first weekend England vs France certainly has had a massive effect on the tournament in all 3 formats !!!!

Yep ! Shame England couldn't have got that one ! Grand slam tomorrow if they had ...... 

mmmm I dunno Maverick. If there's a side in Europe that's historically notorious for choking on the last game of a potential Grand Slam ***le, it suuuure is the team in white ! ;)

mmmm I dunno Maverick. If there's a side in Europe that's historically notorious for choking on the last game of a potential Grand Slam ***le, it suuuure is the team in white ! ;)

Haha true ! Though we have never lost to Italy ! Plus we have still won the grand slam nor times than anyone else in the 5/6 nations . Imagine if we hadn't been chokers ! You guys would never have a chance ! Haha

Have to agree. Told my Welsh mate at the start of the 2013 6 nations 'if England win the first 4, they won't win the 5th'. But they also carried this stigma in the years running up to 2003 so you never know ;)

Have to agree. Told my Welsh mate at the start of the 2013 6 nations 'if England win the first 4, they won't win the 5th'. But they also carried this stigma in the years running up to 2003 so you never know ;)

yeah but that 2003 squad was just so good...although, they did struggle at home vs France in that 6N...

Latest posts