• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Final: New Zealand vs. Australia (31/10/2015)

Yep, my mistake.....it's got nothing to do with race, ask Cathy Freeman. According to Kiwi_ I'm an old fart that eats buckets of KFC.

The moral of the story is.....The AB's will win :)

If the wallabies don't win :)

Kano needs to step up and have a BIG game but so does Kieran Read.

Kaino will, it's the big games....similar to Nonu. Read's NZ's next Captain after McCaw, steady the ship at the back, I'm looking forward to see how Vito, Coles and Read play at wing.

I don't buy Folau's injury for a bit. If it's true then he'll get pepered with B.Smith on the wing

Looks like Kiwi_ has copped a ban for that one.

Funnily enough though, originally the Springboks, Wallabies and All Blacks all had separate war cries in the early 1900s tours. But key Australian players, including 1908 tour captain Herbert Moran, were openly scornful of its use by the Wallabies precisely because it was derivative and unauthentic of Aboriginal culture. He apparently wrote later that he felt embarrassed and ashamed of performing it.

Supposedly the only reason they did it back then was because the colonialists affectations of their native inhabitants supposedly had "box office value" in the UK. Here's a quote from Moran himself:

Interestingly though, Jonathan Thurston, Greg Inglis and a few of the other indigenous NRL players have talked about coming up with a more authentic Aboriginal response to the Haka. The NRL has a lot of great aboriginal stars, so if it were led by them it could work. But it would need the whole team to buy in (although early indications are all the players would whole-heartedly support it if it was a truly aboriginal inspired ritual).
About time.

Interesting read thanks mate.

Who's gonna cover skud on the Aussie high kicks?

What's Australia's domination? I'm not say that as a rhetorical question.

I've heard the rumors front row etc etc but where are they going to play us.
It's the old adage, it goes something like this: "ALL WORLD CUPS ARE ABOUT DEFENCE AND PENALTY KICKS"

I hope this game opens up, weather looks good apparently. First time in history we'll play the WB's in a final.

Both teams are fit, but without sounding arrogant (which I am) the bench esp with SBW and Vito will scrape through

The Boks used Habana successfully on skud with the high kick, I imagine Folau is a foot taller than Habana...

The Boks used Habana successfully on skud with the high kick, I imagine Folau is a foot taller than Habana...

Yep, good point.......Savea to cover though. Israel Dagg and Corey weren't tall either.

Don't forget that Habana came off his wing

- - - Updated - - -

I know what your saying though, my way of thinking was that according to most semis, defence and penalties came second to 2 tries.

Let's break the mould with 2 dynamic running cultures. OPEN IT UP

Looks like Kiwi_ has copped a ban for that one.
About time thr guys been a collasal ass for about 6 days now, I know I'm an argumentative sod but I was struggling to think of members he hadn't gone at towards the end.

Interesting stuff about tribal dances though not surprised we did stupid stuff like that, I usually find it kind of disingenuous where people are forced to do outdated or wrong things about their culture for shots and giggles. 1900's were probably a lot worse.

So basically, the Tarot cards show the Wallabies winning? Well, that's all the evidence I need.

I see never play on Sunday Jones believes the Wallabies could take out the world cup.

This is a great read

thespinoff.co.nz/29-10-2015/sports-a-patriotic-heros-quest-to-survive-a-day-on-only-official-all-blacks-products/

Latest posts