• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool A: Australia vs. Wales (10/10/2015)

YESS we won't have to put up with your trolling during the matchl

C'mon guys can we just leave this petty rubbish in the playground where it belongs?

Back to the topic...that's still an outrageously strong Aussie side despite the loss of Hooper. This is gonna be full on. Go Wales!

Also its good to see tipuric start alongside Warburton , Justin deserves a start after his recent performances, I'm not over the moon because lydiate to be fair has been pretty solid, its great for attacking purposes but we may just miss lydiates defensive work.

Is anyone else sick of Hoopers cheap shots? At least he's getting sighted, but still, he doesn't need to be dong this ****. Pocock gets along just fine doing his business.

Is anyone else sick of Hoopers cheap shots? At least he's getting sighted, but still, he doesn't need to be dong this ****. Pocock gets along just fine doing his business.
Interestingly Burgess wasnt sighted for his high off the ball shot on Hooper.

He is no more or less doing the cheap shots than any others.

He's a pain in the ass to play against, I guess that's part of his game though. He's definitely got more dirt in him than most players, no use trying to defend him there Tah.

He's a pain in the ass to play against, I guess that's part of his game though. He's definitely got more dirt in him than most players, no use trying to defend him there Tah.
He does try to go to the edge of the line. Allot of the time being on or over it. But there are others who are the same type for their teams.

The opinion here is that he really ought to have been yellowed, but the situation of the foul - after Faz Jnr dropped his shoulder - played in his favour.

No idea why it hasn't been cited though, although the 4th official was clear about the going in at the shoulder rather than the neck. Either way, won't really affect our tournament!

He does try to go to the edge of the line. Allot of the time being on or over it. But there are others who are the same type for their teams.

Doesn't matter if there's others that do it, that's like being a murderer and saying "oh there's other murderers as well", extreme example, but you get the point. He doesn't need to be like this, or can at least tone it down, because it's beginning to tarnish what a good player he really is and costing his team. He should definitely be available to play this game, not ruled out because of a stupid cheap shot, let's not forget it nearly cost you against us a few months ago because of a stupid punch he threw vs Argentina.

Dan Coles used to be a bit like this, fortunately for us he grew up, I think Hooper needs to do the same.

- - - Updated - - -

The opinion here is that he really ought to have been yellowed, but the situation of the foul - after Faz Jnr dropped his shoulder - played in his favour.

No idea why it hasn't been cited though, although the 4th official was clear about the going in at the shoulder rather than the neck. Either way, won't really affect our tournament!

It did get sited, but it was deemed as just an on-field yellow that was missed and not deserving of a suspension.

I fail to understand how so many people here can write off us welsh and play down the squad we have. Ireland in the warm ups played a seconds team first and won, played us again with our main boys in Ireland and lose. We lose a few top players before even facing England, we play England and in the last 20 minuets with a completely disjointed team and still pull off the win, play Fiji our boys are battered and bruised but still pull of the win. Yet everyone still refuses to acknowledge the fact we are sitting 3rd in the world with injuries and having been written off. Michael Cheika delayed his team announcement why? To see our line up first in the hope of coming up with a last minute solution for who he is about to face. Write us off if you want but make no mistake we are here England learned a hard lesson so will Australia, as I said to the English don't forget who your up against.

Now lets talk about the squad, I had a conversation about who should start and this line up is what I was hoping for and its the most threatening team we can play in our current predicament.

I love the North and Roberts pairing which I mentioned on another forum about a year ago should have been tested.

Liam Williams on the wing is a fairly good choice since he has good attacking and defending awareness.

Tipuric and Warburton together is an awesome pairing again both are on form and Tipuric just adds himself as another back which is also very useful.

Luke Charteris will help us secure lineout ball and cause problems for Australia.

Props in Paul James and Samson Lee should help us hold that scrum up as both Gethin Jenkins and Tomas Francis have proved to giving away penalties in the scrums far too often.

The bench looks great the men I'm watching is Ross Moriarty and Lloyd Williams who when they have been on have showed some very promising things in attack.

I am by no means thinking Australia are not a threat if we don't throw everything at this game they will win by a sizeable margin but I do believe our boys are capable of beating the men from down under and if we do I don't think we will win by much maybe 3-10 points at the most.

By the way, I'm really excited to see Anscombe play, I hope he does well, definitely a fan of his. Also I see Simmons is getting a bit of a rest, he's crucial I think, if he gets injured Aussie could be in trouble.

Now the squad announcements are out, I am really looking forward to watching this match.

The Aussie line-up looks strong, it's great to see Folua making fitness so I hope he can last the game, plus McMahon is not a bad replacement to have for Hooper at all.

The Wales squad is fascinating, although I would have liked to see Morgan still involved. I can't wait to see if this clicks and see North, Liam Williams and Anscombe carve up in attack.

As a neutral, both these teams are full of players I love to watch, so really looking forward to just enjoying the rugby without the worry!

Wales never do well in WC's, they hardly ever beat SH teams, even with a fully fit squad, so why is it hard to understand why your being written off ? Anyhow, being 'written off' is the best way to come into the game, you can't lose.

None, I'm going on holiday Saturday and won't be watching the game I don't comment on what I don't see. I'm back on Friday where I'll be more geared up to watching the start of the AP season. I'll likely watch the Wales QF final though if they do win this one however (I won't be watching if they loose as I'll be travelling back from Bath's opening match during that QF).

Why bring this up again 24 hours after it was posted though?

Only just noticed it.
Hope you have a good holiday.

I fail to understand how so many people here can write off us welsh and play down the squad we have. Ireland in the warm ups played a seconds team first and won, played us again with our main boys in Ireland and lose. We lose a few top players before even facing England, we play England and in the last 20 minuets with a completely disjointed team and still pull off the win, play Fiji our boys are battered and bruised but still pull of the win. Yet everyone still refuses to acknowledge the fact we are sitting 3rd in the world with injuries and having been written off. Michael Cheika delayed his team announcement why? To see our line up first in the hope of coming up with a last minute solution for who he is about to face. Write us off if you want but make no mistake we are here England learned a hard lesson so will Australia, as I said to the English don't forget who your up against.

Now lets talk about the squad, I had a conversation about who should start and this line up is what I was hoping for and its the most threatening team we can play in our current predicament.

I love the North and Roberts pairing which I mentioned on another forum about a year ago should have been tested.

Liam Williams on the wing is a fairly good choice since he has good attacking and defending awareness.

Tipuric and Warburton together is an awesome pairing again both are on form and Tipuric just adds himself as another back which is also very useful.

Luke Charteris will help us secure lineout ball and cause problems for Australia.

Props in Paul James and Samson Lee should help us hold that scrum up as both Gethin Jenkins and Tomas Francis have proved to giving away penalties in the scrums far too often.

The bench looks great the men I'm watching is Ross Moriarty and Lloyd Williams who when they have been on have showed some very promising things in attack.

I am by no means thinking Australia are not a threat if we don't throw everything at this game they will win by a sizeable margin but I do believe our boys are capable of beating the men from down under and if we do I don't think we will win by much maybe 3-10 points at the most.

Said this many times , some of the home nations will always dismiss our accomplishments as lucky just got to learn to accept it,
As you mentioned north in centre is a good move although would of preffered Williams at FB, its a huge game for anscombe and a lot to ask of a guy who is inexperienced at this level and that's not to say he doesn't have the talent , it will be a test of his nerve under pressure

Only just noticed it.
Now whose a troll.
???

- - - Updated - - -

Welsh fans (in general)

You've not beaten Australia in 7 years
Australia are probably the best they've been in 7 years
You have umpteen injuries to your first team squad.

Not saying you can't win this but there's a reason why people aren't putting much faith in it.

Wales never do well in WC's, they hardly ever beat SH teams, even with a fully fit squad, so why is it hard to understand why your being written off ? Anyhow, being 'written off' is the best way to come into the game, you can't lose.

We were 3rd in the 1st WC, then the advent of professional rugby was slow to take hold in Wales, but lets look at current form over this and the 2011 WC, we made the semi's in 2011 and could go all the way this time round.
Question for you, bearing in mind that recent WC form is the most relevant if we don't do well, i hate to think how you would describe England, but then again your comments seem like the typical arrogant comments we would expect from certain supporters.
Why can you not be gracious in defeat and accept that when it came to both players and management our top couple of inches were better than yours.

They made the Semi-finals last RWC and nearly made the final, pretty average effort huh.

Both teams look stronger on paper than I anticipated. Good to see Folau making it. I guess Aus will be favorites seeing as they have continuity going for them but I have to admit I am looking forward to seeing if a few of those exciting if somewhat untested Welsh selections pay dividends; I suspect it might.

Whatever happens I'm sure it'll live up to the two previous massive tests (Eng vs Wales and Eng vs Aus) that this pool has already given us! This pool and this RWC has me all for keeping the format as is. Maybe just make the draw taking into account form over as long a timeframe as possible (logistical admins need a bit of a heads-up) rather than just an arbitrary snap-shot of the rankings at any given point. And then keep the timing of fixtures random (ITO the teams I mean, not when etc); it kinda seems as if top teams get the benefit of better scheduling.

Aussie posters on here, please don't listen to the muppet calling himself 81st minute, he's not liked by other `kiwi's' and he's way passed his bedtime for a 12 year old.
Aussie won the mini RC fair and square and they look like a vastly improved side under Cheika compared from when the Kiwi spy Robbie Deans had them.
Aussie are serious contenders for the Cup and anyone who says otherwise should not be on here without parental control.
The Boks and the Aussies look top drawer right now, 81st minute is just packing bricks because the AB's are looking a bit slow, cumbersome, fragile and their handling has been well below par.
None of us know what will happen when the AB's hit the quarters, they could explode into action, they could fizzle like a downpour on Guy Fawks night.
In the meantime, ignore the brat and be aware that the vast majority of Kiwis acknowledge that the Wallabies are right back on track and looking very dangerous.

They made the Semi-finals last RWC and nearly made the final, pretty average effort huh.
Yeah not to sure how you can say they've been pants at world cups they've a better record than Ireland.

Latest posts