• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool A: Australia vs. Wales (10/10/2015)

Certainly helped the Wallabies with their momentum and self belief. I don't think they give a rats about what anyone else thinks.

Yeah, let's not kid ourselves, the object of playing in the Rugby Championship is still to actually win the bloody thing.

- - - Updated - - -

this match will be one filter for a Northern Hemisphere nation.... maybe semifinals 4 Southerns?

That would be interesting if we ended up with that... particularly with it in the UK

The raping at the hands of the ABs a week after the RC kind of detracted from winning the RC.. or at least put the Wallabies previous performances in perspective. That said I reckon without the Phipps/Foley combination that day, we could have gone better.

Wales team announced

Warren Gatland has revealed his side to face Wales...

Wales: G Anscombe; A Cuthbert, G North, J Roberts, L Williams; D Biggar, G Davies; P James, S Baldwin, S Lee; L Charteris, AW Jones; S Warburton, J Tipuric, T Faletau.

Reps: K Owens, A Jarvis, T Francis, J Ball, R Moriarty, Ll Williams, R Priestland, J Hook.

Some interesting choices in there! Can't believe Cuthbert has kept his place though...

But anyway, glad to see that Anscombe is getting a shot at FB. I can see him eventually replacing Priestland as backup to Dan Biggar, but it seems injuries have forced him to FB in this instance. North has worked well in the centres before but surprised to see that Tyler Morgan hasn't made the 23 at all, same for Matthew Morgan really. Guess Hook covers a few positions so that makes sense. Moriarty could be a clever addition as well, good chance for him to prove his worth.

Big story is Warburton and Tipuric of course - will be fascinating to see if this works as well as everyone hopes when it really matters.

Looks like we've got an exciting game on our hands, now to wait for the Wallabies announcement!

Last edited:
Wales team announced

Wales: G Anscombe; A Cuthbert, G North, J Roberts, L Williams; D Biggar, G Davies; P James, S Baldwin, S Lee; L Charteris, AW Jones; S Warburton, J Tipuric, T Faletau.

Reps: K Owens, A Jarvis, T Francis, J Ball, R Moriarty, Ll Williams, R Priestland, J Hook.

Are they playing against themselves??

Wales team announced

Pretty much as good as we could hope for, this is a side that can beat Oz

- - - Updated - - -

Are they playing against themselves??

Oz have delayed their team selection till lunchtime, I think they are waiting fitness tests.

I'll be watching with some interest here since its a top fixture and also will determine who SA get in the QF. I'm not sure who I'd prefer though.. I'm almost hoping for Aussie (EDIT: to lose and see us in the QF that is).

Pretty much as good as we could hope for, this is a side that can beat Oz

- - - Updated - - -

Oz have delayed their team selection till lunchtime, I think they are waiting fitness tests.

facepalm.jpg

Wales team announced

that is attacking as hell! north in the centre, williams back on the wing and anscombe starting at full back. we've lost nothing on the wing as williams is more than capable there and can return kicks, north could cause some real damage in the centre. glad tips is starting again, this could be another big game for him

Last edited:
Really liking the look of this team! Gonna cause aus big problems, if our scrum can hold out!

a) Wales play crap rugby (they may win but it's crap to watch)

b) Have you seen how much hostility we get from Welsh fans in general? We don't get from Aussies just banter.

c) We should of beaten Wales, it never looked like we'd beat Australia.

A) how can you get away with saying Wales play crap rugby, if I said that I'd be accused of trolling and get a notification.
B) Any hostility you get from Wales pails into insignificance compared to what we get usually first from some of you.
C) Sour grapes, the best team won, with the best coaches, captain and tactics over 80 minutes.
Now I've seen our side for the Oz game, I am full of confidence, any chance of praise from you when/if we win.

Has Gatland left for another nation already? I thought he would at least leave it until after the World Cup. :(

He has a secret stash of players, that will be fronting up against his old side :D

Now I've seen our side for the Oz game, I am full of confidence, any chance of praise from you when/if we win.
None, I'm going on holiday Saturday and won't be watching the game I don't comment on what I don't see. I'm back on Friday where I'll be more geared up to watching the start of the AP season. I'll likely watch the Wales QF final though if they do win this one however (I won't be watching if they loose as I'll be travelling back from Bath's opening match during that QF).

Why bring this up again 24 hours after it was posted though?

Last edited:
Happy with the selection apart from Cuthbert. But at least we have cover if he's **** , good attacking team glad to see north centre hopefully he will be a bit more active in receiving the ball this match. Also glad to see charteris start for set piece purposes, yeah shaping up nicely this game , I'm not getting the butterflies this match as we are in the QFs but would be a huge bonus to get the W ,hopefully we can.

Wallabies starting XV:

1. Scott Sio (13 Tests)
2. Stephen Moore - c (98 Tests)
3. Sekope Kepu (59 Tests)
4. Kane Douglas (19 Tests)
5. Dean Mumm (40 Tests)
6. Scott Fardy (26 Tests)
7. Sean McMahon (5 Tests)
8. David Pocock - vc (52 Tests)
9. Will Genia (62 Tests)
10. Bernard Foley (23 Tests)
11. Drew Mitchell (66 Tests)
12. Matt Giteau (98 Tests)
13. Tevita Kuridrani (27 Tests)
14. Adam Ashley-Cooper - vc (110 Tests)
15. Israel Folau (35 Tests)

Reserves

16. Tatafu Polota-Nau (57 Tests)
17. James Slipper (70 Tests)
18. Greg Holmes (20 Tests)
19. Rob Simmons (56 Tests)
20. Ben McCalman (43 Tests)
21. Nick Phipps (35 Tests)
22. Matt Toomua (28 Tests)
23. Kurtley Beale (56 Tests)

None, I'm going on holiday Saturday and won't be watching the game I don't comment on what I don't see. I'm back on Friday where I'll be more geared up to watching the start of the AP season. I'll likely watch the Wales QF final though if they do win this one however (I won't be watching if they loose as I'll be travelling back from Bath's opening match during that QF).

Why bring this up again 24 hours after it was posted though?

YESS we won't have to put up with your trolling during the match

- - - Updated - - -

So folau was fit after all

Let's just see what happens hey? I want to win,,,,but don't buy into the lets see wales get mauled mentality. Some of you posters, are a pain in the arris..I hope,,I will be able to quote your vitriol!! Looks to be a good game,,,I am happy with Anscome there, surprised Tipuric is starting and my gastis totally flabbered that North is in the centre,,,,but then, what the hell do I know,,,, ;)

Latest posts