• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool B: South Africa vs. Scotland (03/10/2015)

Does anyone else think Hogg should be cited. Blatant attempt to deceive the ref, which the IRB want to stamp out.

Does anyone else think Hogg should be cited. Blatant attempt to deceive the ref, which the IRB want to stamp out.

Don't think so. Ref saw it, gave him a talking to which will live long on youtube, far longer than a sin bin, cite or whatever

May get a citing officers warning just to home in the point to players.

yea, and if Japan had a FAIR calendar, who knows where Scotland would be now.
Would it be possible to give the tier 1 teams that calendar instead? the teams with more depth to rotate should have the tougher calendar.

Never going to happen no point in arguing the toss about it about.

TBF a lot of the top teams outside Ireland and England have had terrible turnarounds this time. Which is an improvement.

Completely unfair to Japan their bad turnaround involved the top seeds of their group.

They get the benefit of playing in the 6N & Autumn internationals every year amongst other advantages, so yes imo.

Every team in the rugby championship and the 6 nations are classed as tier 1 nations

Solid from SA. Disappointed in their outhalf, and du Preez was relatively quiet tonight. Overall, I expect them to rumble on with flashes of brilliance. Interesting to see them whip out the DG gun, so defenders have to watch out for that too. One thing for certain - they have two on form wingers, and if they're smart they'll use that threat to stretch midfield defences and create gaps. And Owens was very harsh on them - the yellow was debatable (I thought no but the replay said yes) but the pens at 43 were good play and the pen against Pieterson for hips-over-shoulder tackle was a health & safety too far - the Scots player wanted to get to ground.

Scotland shown up as plucky plodders stuck in a permanent pole dance in midfield.

Last edited:
Was that Habana's 12th try or 13th try? Howlett is on 13, Lomu's record is 15.

That's 12 now: 8 in 2007, 2 in 2011 and 2 so far (could've been 3 if Vermeulen weren't so cavalier in his failed off-load to a Habana with a cler run in to the try line)

Springboks looked Imperious, they are now favourites to take the cup, Aussie second, Ireland third.

Solid from SA. Disappointed in their outhalf, and du Preez was relatively quiet tonight. Overall, I expect them to rumble on with flashes of brilliance. Interesting to see them whip out the DG gun, so defenders have to watch out for that too. One thing for certain - they have two on form wingers, and if they're smart they'll use that threat to stretch midfield defences and create gaps. And Owens was very harsh on them - the yellow was debatable (I thought no but the replay said yes) but the pens at 43 were good play and the pen against Pieterson for hips-over-shoulder tackle was a health & safety too far - the Scots player wanted to get to ground.

Scotland shown up as plucky plodders stuck in a permanent pole dance in midfield.

Irrelevant. Owens had to be forced, kicking and screaming to simply do his job and apply the laws. We can argue and debate the sense of the laws, but that's not the place of a ref. His job is to apply them.

Was really surprised that Scotland fielded an understrength team. Would've thought they might at least aim for a bonus point, even if they didn't believe they could win the match. The Boks played well though.

I think Cotter's team selection confirmed he was thinking about the overall campaign bearing in mind the 'set objective' of reaching the QFs. Expect Scotland to be at full strength (with some tactical tweaks) from now on given that we're effectively into knockout territory. Vernon's inclusion was tactical because of his size but the likes of Bennett, Maitland, Dickinson & Ford were probably rested (unless some were injured) plus you have Russell and Hardie (if fit) who you'd expect to start. I don't think Russell would have made much difference yesterdy given the boks forward dominance. It'll be interesting to see if Cotter starts the first choice front row against Samoa or whether he mixes it up given the impact of Nel against the USA

Let's hope Wales go all out against the Aussies in an attempt to avoid getting SA. Have a feeling the Aussies will have beaten England, Wales then Scotland before marching into the semis.

Last edited:

Latest posts