• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool B: South Africa vs. Scotland (03/10/2015)

Am I crazy or does Swinston try to flip over ? Peterson didn't throw his legs up why did his head go like that ?

JP is lucky that what saved him was that Swinston's leg hits the turf first and he uses it to almost combat roll into his back. Without that leg hitting it could have been a different story.

One of the stupid things about Rugby is the clock keeps running while scrums are being set and reset. It should only start when the ball is live. It's just stupid and wastes so much time.

One of the stupid things about Rugby is the clock keeps running while scrums are being set and reset. It should only start when the ball is live. It's just stupid and wastes so much time.
Agree clock should stop whenevers there's a scrum and start again once the ball is put in. Hate the amount of time lost to scrums.

Well beaten but considering the changes we made I'm not too disappointed with that. Need to take care of business next week against Samoa.

Well done South Africa, worth the win. Scotland not bad either, definitely a lot of improvement in their backplay and that will only continue under this coach.

Nigel owens just restored my faith in refereeing, what a phenomenal display.
Scotland were stout and sturdy but the Boks were awesome and now deserve to be the tournament favourites.

Science should be working on a way to clone Nigel Owens and just send out an army of 'Nigels' to referee every sport everywhere.

Well, I'd have taken 34-16 at the start if it were offered. Promising in parts but a lot needs to happen ITO accuracy on attack as defence goes a long way but we'll need more at the end or even if we want to make it to the end of it. Best of luck to Scotland going forward (I feel them overturning Samoa is a safe enough assumption). Meet us in the final?

I'd only stop it on a reset, that way the a side can't get any advantage from wasting time by collapsing etc. I don't want games going on forever NFL-style.

Science should be working on a way to clone Nigel Owens and just send out an army of 'Nigels' to referee every sport everywhere.

LOL but agreed.

Scotland were stout and sturdy but the Boks were awesome and now deserve to be the tournament favourites.

Wait, what? No, BS, you're not pulling that and handing us the favorites tag! A clever ruse but we won't fall for it!

Thats exactly what I was thinking, looks like he tucks his head under mid-tackle

Barley a pen. Scot player tried to frame JP Pieterson for a spear tackle!! LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Must ref a semi and a final, both semis if possible. If Joubert gets another final it will be a disgrace.

I'd only stop it on a reset, that way the a side can't get any advantage from wasting time by collapsing etc. I don't want games going on forever NFL-style.

That's reasonable and should definitely be put into practice.

The NZ Namibia game and parts of the Georgian game were mostly effected by this. To be fair it was mostly OUR fault for knocking it on so much, but still, the amount of live game time was 13 minutes from 55 mintutes of rugby in one half. Most of the time lost due to scrums.

Agree clock should stop whenevers there's a scrum and start again once the ball is put in. Hate the amount of time lost to scrums.
The worst thing is that teams that are close to winning and don't mind time being wasted when the ball is out of play have an incentive for the scrum to reset.

Nothing worse in rugby than watching your team's slim chances of winning fade away in reset set pieces.

Nigel Owens: "Dive like that again, come back here in two weeks and play, not today"

Nigel is the man! :cool:

Latest posts